ANA Dreamliner to BRU?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Boeing767copilot

ANA Dreamliner to BRU?

Post by Boeing767copilot »

"Nous avons deux stratégies, indique le vice-président EMEA, Shuichi Fujimura. La première est d’utiliser l’appareil sur de nouvelles destinations dont le potentiel ne nécessite pas l’utilisation d’un gros porteur". Düsseldorf, Barcelone ou encore Bruxelles sont à l’étude.

source:
http://www.tourmag.com/All-Nippon-Airwa ... 45440.html

itami

Re: ANA Dreamliner to BRU?

Post by itami »

Boeing767copilot wrote:Düsseldorf, Barcelone ou encore Bruxelles sont à l’étude.
Might be the last chance for Brussels to host a Japanese carrier in near future. :mrgreen:

itami

Post by itami »

It should be this one...

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

That is a wonderfull livery, but sadly enough only the two first B787's will get this livery. And the sad thing about that is that the first 4 B787's are powered with the Package A RR engines. These are seriously downgraded engines with 'only' 64 000lb while the Trent 1000 was certified for a thrust range up to 74 000lb. ANA will use these aircraft only on domestic (or short international) flights. The fifth 787 for ANA will be the first with the Package B engines (70 000lb) and this will be the first aicraft that will be used for international flights too.
So if ANA launch 787 flights to BRU we'll normally never see this nice livery in BRU anyway.

itami

Post by itami »

MR_Boeing wrote:The fifth 787 for ANA will be the first with the Package B engines (70 000lb) and this will be the first aicraft that will be used for international flights too.
Thanks for that info MR Boeing ;) Any idea how the livery of the fifth 787 with the Package B engines looks like ? :)

itami

Post by itami »

In a ANA press release I found that the next aircrafts will get this standard ANA-livery Image :geek:

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Indeed, just the standard livery. It would be a good idea to have something special on one of their international 787's too. :D But ok, if ANA comes to BRU we can already be very happy with that: ANA (new route, new airline and a good airline with nice livery to see) and a new type of aircraft. :D

If this will become truth, BRU may be one of the first airports in Europe to get both the new B748F (Korean, Cathay) and the new 787. (Can it become better for a Boeing-fan like me :mrgreen: )

itami

Post by itami »

I think the chances for BRU are better than for DUS and BCN. Let's keep fingers crossed. ;)

BrightCedars

Post by BrightCedars »

I wouldn't count BCN out, it's a tough competitor (we saw it with SQ's SIN-GRU route) but I do really hope to see NH (back) at BRU in the near future. I would find DUS less likely as it is close to FRA and I doubt it'd justify a flight on its own against BRU. They can always operate 1, 2, or 3 from the list, as long as BRU is in it!

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

I think both BCN and BRU make a big chance, but why not both. They will have 14 B787's by March 2012 of wich 4 for domestic/short international only. So I think they can justify to fly two new European routes with the B787.

BTW, ANA is talking about routes from Tokyo 'Haneda' to Europe with their B787. That may be very nice for BRU to have a non-stop flight to Haneda wich is much closer to the city than Narita. And Haneda is important for the domestic network of ANA. Would be nice if it'll be Haneda and not Narita.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

BrightCedars wrote:I do really hope to see NH (back) at BRU in the near future.
Back? I think (but I may be wrong) that ANA never came itself to BRU: they codeshared Sabena flights.
André
ex Sabena #26567

itami

Post by itami »

sn26567 wrote:Back? I think (but I may be wrong) that ANA never came itself to BRU: they codeshared Sabena flights.
Correct ! It were the good old days of Sabena's 747-300. The cabin crew was mixed SN/NH. 8-)

itami

Post by itami »

Interviewed by The Japan Times, Shinichiro Ito President and CEO of ANA said that ANA plans to put Boeing Co.'s medium-size Dreamliner 787 aircraft into service for Japan-Europe flights by next March.
ANA is also considering opening as many as three European routes that wouldn't support larger planes, he said. "The 787 presents us with a big opportunity," Ito said. The carrier aims to start Dreamliner flights to Europe from Haneda airport in February, he said, declining to elaborate on possible destinations.

It would surprise me if BRU wasn't one of the 3 ;)

Stij

Post by Stij »

itami wrote:Correct ! It were the good old days of Sabena's 747-300. The cabin crew was mixed SN/NH. 8-)
Yep, and that was also the limit of those 747-300's. If there were a bit to much headwinds a extra stop in CPH was needed... An air traffic controller told me once that the inbound flight declared a lot of times that they were low on fuel... don't know if this was really true or not (If you're low on fuel, you land, don't you?)

But I took the flight once, after spending 6 weeks in Japan as an exchange student and boy did it feel like coming home when I boarded in NRT!

Yoi ichinichi o,

Stij

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

itami wrote: It would surprise me if BRU wasn't one of the 3 ;)
It was already mentionned in some articles these 3 are Brussels, Dusseldorf and Barcelona. So yes, BRU is one of them. ;)

itami

Post by itami »

MR_Boeing wrote:It was already mentionned in some articles these 3 are Brussels, Dusseldorf and Barcelona. So yes, BRU is one of them. ;)
But that time it wasn't clear for how many new destinations BRU, DUS and BCN were potential candidates. ;)