Macquarie in asset swap deal ? BRU/SYD

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

liege-bierset

Macquarie in asset swap deal ? BRU/SYD

Post by liege-bierset »

I don't know if this information is already available on this forum .
http://www.businessday.com.au/business/ ... 1ge54.html

sn26567

Re: Macquarie in asset swap deal ? BRU/SYD

Post by sn26567 »

I also read the information in Trends: http://trends.rnews.be/fr/economie/actu ... 22-06-2011 (French) and Het Nieuwsblad: http://www.nieuwsblad.be/article/detail ... 110622_079 (Dutch)

However, I am puzzled by the figures: I thought that MAp owned 75% of BAC. Does it mean that they would only swap a part of their ownership and keep some 44% of BAC, the Ontario Teachers Pension Fund acquiring 31% ?
André
ex Sabena #26567

OO-VEX

Post by OO-VEX »

Here you can find an overview of BRU's ownership.
MAp owns 52% of 75%, which is 39%.

OO-VEX

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Two important things in this case.

1) At the beginning Map owns the whole part and increased their part in BRU. They even wanted 100% but the Belgian government was against this plan and hold their stake of 25% in BRU.

However, Map splitted in two big parts. One part which invested in airports and an other part whose interest is all about funds. Both parts has nothing to do with each other any more!!

This means that Map decreased their part in BRU a first time some years ago and now a second time this year.
This also means that the Australian funds owns 36% of BRU and Map 39%. If you can read behind the lines then you know that Map is selling BRU.

2) If my memory serves me well then it is a year ago that it was internally decided that Map was going to sell BRU. The agreement is that Map will some out with this news, what they did today.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Atlantis wrote:Two important things in this case.

1) At the beginning Map owns the whole part and increased their part in BRU. They even wanted 100% but the Belgian government was against this plan and hold their stake of 25% in BRU.

However, Map splitted in two big parts. One part which invested in airports and an other part whose interest is all about funds. Both parts has nothing to do with each other any more!!

This means that Map decreased their part in BRU a first time some years ago and now a second time this year.
This also means that the Australian funds owns 36% of BRU and Map 39%. If you can read behind the lines then you know that Map is selling BRU.

2) If my memory serves me well then it is a year ago that it was internally decided that Map was going to sell BRU. The agreement is that Map will some out with this news, what they did today.
Will this influence the future projects at BRU?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Conti764 wrote:
Atlantis wrote:Two important things in this case.

Will this influence the future projects at BRU?
Hi Conti764,

No problem with that. It's all on paper because Map ofcourse knew last year that they wanted to sell BRU. They announced this year that they wanted to invest further in BRU. Map Airports is an independent airport operator. Map investment is a financial group who will take care of this (36%). If the Canadians will take over the part of Map then they will do the same: investment in BRU. And that's what BRU needs: cash!!

The other candidate to take over the 39% of Map was Fraport. But the decision is not final yet.