Aviapartner might loose handling license at BRU to Swissport

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

RoMax

Aviapartner might loose handling license at BRU to Swissport

Post by RoMax »

The handling company Aviapartner has lost its handling license at Brussels Airport for the comming seven years. Swissport will take the place of Aviapartner. First many people believed Flightcare would lose its licence, but now it appears to be Aviapartner.
A third handler will only be allowed if BRU handles 24 million pax and 650 000 tons of freight for two consecutive years, that's not the case so one of the two handles was supposed to lose its license.

http://standaard.be/artikel/detail.aspx ... 110608_121
Last edited by sn26567 on 29 Jun 2011, 17:31, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Title changed in view of later developments

MD-11forever

Aviapartner loses license at BRU

Post by MD-11forever »

Aviapartner lost its license to operate at BRU to Swissport for the next seven years. Flightcare, which was rumoured to be the one to lose its license, will continue to operate at BRU.

http://www.standaard.be/artikel/detail. ... 110608_121

Sabena320

Re: Aviapartner lost handling license at BRU to Swissport

Post by Sabena320 »

That's a pitty. In terms of service towards airlines and costumers, Flightcare should have had their license revoked and given to another handler. I have no experience with Aviapartner, so I cannot say anything about the company.

RCMike

Post by RCMike »

I don't know anything about Aviapartner neither why they lost their license. Hopefully all Aviapartner employees can join the new handler in November.

Swissport is a big player and it will certainly reshuffle airline handling contracts in BRU. Good, strong competition will do good in means of service to airlines.

I work at Flightcare and I'm happy that we retained the license. I love my job and go to work happy every day. It's true that some areas need improvement, but it's easy to shoot the dog (handler). In the end I think we deliver a great product.

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

We willen zo snel mogelijk de overnemer zien en zullen keiharde garanties eisen voor al het personeel dat wordt overgenomen", aldus vakbondssecretaris Thierry Vuchelen (ACLVB).

Gotta love those unions :lol:
Tot hier en verder

regi

Post by regi »

When I read the article well, Swissport is not yet active at Zaventem, only Flightcare and Aviapartner.
And the article mentions very well several of the conditions of taking over personnel, and at the same conditions of their current contract.

So this means that for the jobs on the workfloor, "nothing " will change.

As an independent outsider I see only changes in the administration, book keeping, sales, upper managment levels.

So it will not be a massive job loss. Maybe some peoples will lose non-contractural priviliges. And other people who got automatically promotion by "hanging around" long enough will now be judged by performance. That opens again possibilities for elbow workers :x

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

@regi: Am I wrong or is the CAO32bis of which you talk about (taking over personnel at the same conditions) only for the guys who are actually taken over? If I understand correctly, they are not obliged to take over all the staff, but those who are taken over should have the same conditions?

Can someone confirm/deny this?

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Possible strikes and other "actions" :

http://www.rtl.be/info/economie/belgiqu ... a-craindre

Le cahier des charges prévu lors de l'octroi des licences prévoit que les travailleurs repris bénéficient des mêmes conditions salariales en vertu de la CCT 32bis.

In het lastenboek voor de toekenning van licenties staat alvast gestipuleerd dat de overgenomen werknemers overeenkomstig CAO32bis al hun loon- en arbeidsvoorwaarden behouden

Only those who are taken by the new operator enjoy the same conditions as before.

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

24h strike started at Aviapartner ...
Tot hier en verder

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

What are the airlines handled by Aviapartner ?
(and is easyJet amongst them ?)

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

airazurxtror wrote:What are the airlines handled by Aviapartner ?
I think easyJet is one of them, but not 100% sure.

Some months ago the unions were furious about the plans of Mr. Schouppe to allow a 3th handler in BRU as from November 2011. Because of these unions he changed his mind and kept it with two, but gave the chance to other companies to get one of these two licences. If the unions hadn't complained so much Aviapartner would still have their licence. Ok, they would have been hurt by a 3th handler, but isn't that better than completely losing your license. And now they go on strike again...
I just hope they keep their own a bit calm when they are talking with Swissport. If they ask too much (and I think they will), Swissport will take it's conclusions and will only take over the people they really need.
Unions are good in some cases, but they often ruin it for themself...

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

airazurxtror wrote:What are the airlines handled by Aviapartner ?
# Aegean Airlines
# Alitalia
# Air Arabia
# Air Baltic
# Air Malta
# British Airways
# BMI
# Czech Airlines
# Continental Airlines
# Easyjet
# El Al
# Ethiopian Airlines
# Fly BE
# Finnair
# KLM
# Malev Hungarian Airlines
# Nouvelair
# Pegasus Airlines
# Qatar
# SAS
# TAP Portugal
# TAROM
# Thomas Cook Airlines
# Turkish Airlines
# United Airlines
# Vueling

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aviapartne ... ls_Airport
Tot hier en verder

cnc

Post by cnc »

regi wrote:When I read the article well, Swissport is not yet active at Zaventem, only Flightcare and Aviapartner.
And the article mentions very well several of the conditions of taking over personnel, and at the same conditions of their current contract.

So this means that for the jobs on the workfloor, "nothing " will change.
swissport is active at BRU, they just didn't have the license for ramp ops.
Very interesting development! Not sure if they deserve this when flightcare is allowed to stay
What will happen with aviapartner in OST and LGG? they fall under the umbrella of BRU.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

regi wrote:When I read the article well, Swissport is not yet active at Zaventem, only Flightcare and Aviapartner.
Hi Regi,

Swissport is active at BRU but on a very small basis at this moment. Only Flightcare and Aviapartner are landside AND airside handlers. That's the difference. You have several handlers on landside but only two on the tarmac and this because BRU has less then 24 million pax a year and les then 650.000 ton of cargo a year.
As from 1st of November Swissport will be transformed from small to big.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

airazurxtror wrote:Possible strikes and other "actions" :

http://www.rtl.be/info/economie/belgiqu ... a-craindre

Le cahier des charges prévu lors de l'octroi des licences prévoit que les travailleurs repris bénéficient des mêmes conditions salariales en vertu de la CCT 32bis.

In het lastenboek voor de toekenning van licenties staat alvast gestipuleerd dat de overgenomen werknemers overeenkomstig CAO32bis al hun loon- en arbeidsvoorwaarden behouden

Only those who are taken by the new operator enjoy the same conditions as before.
CAO32BIS only applies in case of bankruptcy or juridical protection (nowadays called WCO - wet continuïteit ondernemingen - LCE loi continuité entreprises):
http://www.cnt-nar.be/CAO/cao-32bis.doc

Treeper

Post by Treeper »

it seems CAO 32bis shall be used during the take-over off operations. the 900 employees would maintain their position. dixit Jan Van der Cruysse, spokesman of Brussels Airport Company.
"...volgens Jan Van der Cruysse van Brussels Airport Company is er geen reden tot paniek, en zullen de 900 hun job behouden: "Daarvoor is er een oplossing in de vorm van cao 32bis, die bepaalt dat nieuwe spelers op de markt de werknemers overnemen die tot nu toe dezelfde job uitvoerden voor de bedrijven die wegvallen." Alle getroffen werknemers zouden kunnen overstappen naar Swissport of Flightcare. ..."
http://www.deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/r ... a_zaventem

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Brussels Airport press release:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=45050

regi

Post by regi »

Atlantis wrote:
Hi Regi,

Swissport is active at BRU but on a very small basis at this moment. Only Flightcare and Aviapartner are landside AND airside handlers. That's the difference. You have several handlers on landside but only two on the tarmac and this because BRU has less then 24 million pax a year and les then 650.000 ton of cargo a year.
As from 1st of November Swissport will be transformed from small to big.
Thank you for the clarification.
Sad that this immediately led to a strike. :roll:

Novastar

Post by Novastar »

once again the pax are taken hostage ... while they got nothing to do with this.
Most of Aviapartner employees will be taken over by Swissport... yet without knowing the exact details they start a strike.

The strikers should all get sacked without a job offer from Swissport :evil:
Flown: A319 / 320 / 321 / 350 - B737 / 757 / 767 / 777 / 787 - MD11 - Fokker 50 - Fairchild SA-227

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Novastar wrote:once again the pax are taken hostage ... while they got nothing to do with this.
Most of Aviapartner employees will be taken over by Swissport... yet without knowing the exact details they start a strike.

The strikers should all get sacked without a job offer from Swissport :evil:
200 % correct !

Passengers have nothing to do with the switch Aviapartner -> Swissport.