Saudi Cargo suspending two Euro routes

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

globetrotter

Saudi Cargo suspending two Euro routes

Post by globetrotter »

SV freighter schedules are showing Barcelona and Istanbul to end from 1st June, they will return to N'Djamena and Sharjah from June too.

New nd current schedules http://www.saudiacargo.com/freight_schedule.php

Atlantis

Re: Saudi Cargo suspending two Euro routes

Post by Atlantis »

Indeed and was a logic event when you know that SV is currently the big cargo carrier again at Brussels Airport. Like I said in one of the other posts they will resue their "old" schedule to BRU with 21 cargo flights to/from BRU.

With the same number of cargo planes they to cancel some routes.

globetrotter

Post by globetrotter »

Passenger side has also suspended athens which was their last seasonal station in EU, now only ankara remains.

LJ

Post by LJ »

Atlantis wrote:Indeed and was a logic event when you know that SV is currently the big cargo carrier again at Brussels Airport. Like I said in one of the other posts they will resue their "old" schedule to BRU with 21 cargo flights to/from BRU.

It seems that the capacity from IST and BCN goes to AMS (from 3 weekly to 5 weekly), BRU (from 11 weekly to 12 weekly) and MXP (from 3 weekly to 4 weekly).

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

LJ wrote:
Atlantis wrote:Indeed and was a logic event when you know that SV is currently the big cargo carrier again at Brussels Airport. Like I said in one of the other posts they will resue their "old" schedule to BRU with 21 cargo flights to/from BRU.

It seems that the capacity from IST and BCN goes to AMS (from 3 weekly to 5 weekly), BRU (from 11 weekly to 12 weekly) and MXP (from 3 weekly to 4 weekly).

Hi LJ,

See topic: BRU 2011 -> February post. I already posted then that SV was going to increase BRU to 21 cargo flights like years ago.

Source in this is Brussels Airport

OO-VEX

Post by OO-VEX »

LJ wrote:

Don't forget that MXP is served out of BRU on the way back to Saudi Arabia.

liege-bierset

Post by liege-bierset »

SV. 21 Cargo flights/week! I' m Impressed.
What does this nice traffic represent in volume handled?

LJ

Post by LJ »

OO-VEX wrote: Don't forget that MXP is served out of BRU on the way back to Saudi Arabia.
Correct if you look at the schedules until June 1st. However, if you look at the schedule as of June 1st, BRU and MXP seem to be untangled.

Squelsh

Post by Squelsh »

Maybe not the correct thread, but did not feel like opening new one, on this one.
Rumour has it SV will start CGO flts to FRA later this year.. Don't have anything as proof to post here yet, whether it will be their own M1F's, or the 74F 's of Southern, Air Atlanta or Evergreen (that one was grounded a few days ago due to improper paperwork -again hearsay-) Maybe some here already know more? Lots of transit ULD less in BRU if they start flying directly on FRA.