Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
FkBE
Posts: 7
Joined: 07 Nov 2019, 11:14

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Post by FkBE »

Brussels Airport has released what is in my mind the single biggest mistake ever...
https://btag.brusselsairport.be/en
-it tries to generate additional revenue due to baggage handling taking a very long time. In other words, there will be no incentive in the future to speed up baggage handling! It's openly admitting there's room for improvement in handling times yet they solve it with completely the wrong approach
-only works at BRU airport
-relax and drink a coffee whilst waiting for your bag? Where? Still in Terminal A, to then walk 10 minutes after you got the message your bag is there? As the pick up area does not have any shops or bars, where would you "relax and wait" coming from eg non-Schengen?

The person who pitched this should get a lesson in Customer Experience

JOVAN
Posts: 478
Joined: 08 Jun 2006, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Post by JOVAN »

FkBE wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 20:04
Brussels Airport has released what is in my mind the single biggest mistake ever...
https://btag.brusselsairport.be/en
-it tries to generate additional revenue due to baggage handling taking a very long time. In other words, there will be no incentive in the future to speed up baggage handling! It's openly admitting there's room for improvement in handling times yet they solve it with completely the wrong approach
-only works at BRU airport
-relax and drink a coffee whilst waiting for your bag? Where? Still in Terminal A, to then walk 10 minutes after you got the message your bag is there? As the pick up area does not have any shops or bars, where would you "relax and wait" coming from eg non-Schengen?

The person who pitched this should get a lesson in Customer Experience
Unbelieveable.
Welcome to Stupidistan.

User avatar
skumfiduse
Posts: 231
Joined: 10 Aug 2008, 18:42
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Post by skumfiduse »

Any news on the US preclearance?

User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4415
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Post by Atlantis »

Today inauguration of the renewed Skyhall. During the day for all the BAC employees. In the evening for the press

User avatar
lumumba
Posts: 1773
Joined: 04 Sep 2003, 00:00
Location: brussels Europe

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Post by lumumba »

Atlantis wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 09:30
Today inauguration of the renewed Skyhall. During the day for all the BAC employees. In the evening for the press
It's funny when landing this morning it was illuminated like in the past it was beautiful.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4415
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Post by Atlantis »

On LinkedIn is now also placed a short movie of the renewed Skyhall.

Very good that this beautiful memory stays and taken an important role

Maybe in the future some aviation related activities. Now will be only for events.
But maybe when the satellite opens again for pax

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 36533
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Post by sn26567 »

Atlantis wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 21:35
On LinkedIn is now also placed a short movie of the renewed Skyhall.

Very good that this beautiful memory stays and taken an important role

Maybe in the future some aviation related activities. Now will be only for events.
But maybe when the satellite opens again for pax
Story of the inauguration: https://www.aviation24.be/airports/brus ... d-skyhall/
André
ex Sabena #26567

AIRMARSHAL
Posts: 49
Joined: 06 Jul 2016, 19:22

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Post by AIRMARSHAL »

sn26567 wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 22:14
Atlantis wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 21:35
On LinkedIn is now also placed a short movie of the renewed Skyhall.

Very good that this beautiful memory stays and taken an important role

Maybe in the future some aviation related activities. Now will be only for events.
But maybe when the satellite opens again for pax
Story of the inauguration: https://www.aviation24.be/airports/brus ... d-skyhall/
can we , as a normal visitor or passenger, get a glimpse of this skyhall. like many of us , this hall brings me back to my childhood in the '70s

Aerofool
Posts: 58
Joined: 25 Jul 2017, 17:46

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Post by Aerofool »

AIRMARSHAL wrote:
30 Jan 2020, 17:26
can we , as a normal visitor or passenger, get a glimpse of this skyhall. like many of us , this hall brings me back to my childhood in the '70s

It should be possible, in the part of the terminal with the check-in counters 11, 12 and 14. It is next to the Skyhall and there are windows between them. But it will depend if the blinds are open or not...

Boavida
Posts: 471
Joined: 14 Sep 2010, 23:54

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Post by Boavida »

Aerofool wrote:
30 Jan 2020, 19:04
AIRMARSHAL wrote:
30 Jan 2020, 17:26
can we , as a normal visitor or passenger, get a glimpse of this skyhall. like many of us , this hall brings me back to my childhood in the '70s

It should be possible, in the part of the terminal with the check-in counters 11, 12 and 14. It is next to the Skyhall and there are windows between them. But it will depend if the blinds are open or not...
I was there today and there were no blinds at all. It's a huge glass wall with a splendid view of the entire skyhall! Let's hope it will be used for pax as soon as possible!

User avatar
lumumba
Posts: 1773
Joined: 04 Sep 2003, 00:00
Location: brussels Europe

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Post by lumumba »

Yesterday I had a look to the new Sky Hall true the window wall a lot of emotions came back.
But is it impossible to open it when there are no evenents like before it's a beautiful point of view?
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Stij
Posts: 2227
Joined: 07 Mar 2005, 00:00
Location: Belgium

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Post by Stij »

Or a special Aviation24 visit? ;-) ;-)

User avatar
lumumba
Posts: 1773
Joined: 04 Sep 2003, 00:00
Location: brussels Europe

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Post by lumumba »

Stij wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 14:04
Or a special Aviation24 visit? ;-) ;-)
That would be great nevertheless a big beautiful space like that just in front of the check in area could be used daily.
But anyway if there is something special happening let me know 😉
Hasta la victoria siempre.

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 11437
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Post by luchtzak »

Much to the frustration of our forum visitors too :-D

Automated e-gates at Brussels Airport to be replaced after years of passenger and police frustration.

https://www.aviation24.be/airports/brus ... ustration/

737MAX
Posts: 436
Joined: 29 Aug 2017, 08:46

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Post by 737MAX »

luchtzak wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 09:25
Much to the frustration of our forum visitors too :-D

Automated e-gates at Brussels Airport to be replaced after years of passenger and police frustration.

https://www.aviation24.be/airports/brus ... ustration/
Let’s wait and see... knowing Belgium, the new ones will cost twice the price and will work even less :lol:

JOVAN
Posts: 478
Joined: 08 Jun 2006, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Post by JOVAN »

e-Gates story , work-to-the-rules actions by Federal Police, upcoming sabotage-strikes by Skeyes-ATC's, and what next ?? Fire-men, bagage-people,...

The Federal Police is unhappy because they have not hand-gel for disinfection, have to sit on wooden chairs (8 hours a day..), not enough means, not enough personnel (140 positions not filled in ), no central place in the airport to sit together, …
Therefore they block road to Airport and annoy thousands of PAX.
flights will be missed, delayed,..
They actually sabotage the proper working of the Airport which is of Top Impotance for Belgium's Economy.

Economical Sabotage should be punished severely. (Jail sentences, pay back damages, ..)
Economical sabotage by Police ; punishment multiplied by Two.

If BRU would care for their PAX, instead of only for their share-holders and their own bonuses, they could perhaps start by buying some real office chairs, some gel, ..

Share-holders would probably not even notice.
Police men would be less unhappy..

This airport is run poorly.
This airport will remain small, mediocre with only happy share-holders filling their pockets.

User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4415
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Post by Atlantis »

JOVAN wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 11:54
e-Gates story , work-to-the-rules actions by Federal Police, upcoming sabotage-strikes by Skeyes-ATC's, and what next ?? Fire-men, bagage-people,...

The Federal Police is unhappy because they have not hand-gel for disinfection, have to sit on wooden chairs (8 hours a day..), not enough means, not enough personnel (140 positions not filled in ), no central place in the airport to sit together, …
Therefore they block road to Airport and annoy thousands of PAX.
flights will be missed, delayed,..
They actually sabotage the proper working of the Airport which is of Top Impotance for Belgium's Economy.

Economical Sabotage should be punished severely. (Jail sentences, pay back damages, ..)
Economical sabotage by Police ; punishment multiplied by Two.

If BRU would care for their PAX, instead of only for their share-holders and their own bonuses, they could perhaps start by buying some real office chairs, some gel, ..

Share-holders would probably not even notice.
Police men would be less unhappy..

This airport is run poorly.
This airport will remain small, mediocre with only happy share-holders filling their pockets.
Dear JOVAN,

To make it clear. The Federal Police at the airport falls under internal affairs of the federal government.
Everything what they request falls under the federal budget.

So in this, again, the airport cannot do anything.

But, again, the airport is vragende partij for solutions.
Vehiculs or guns or whatever is also not bought by the airport for the police there.

So, you have to place everything in the right context.

Do you really think that the airport is happy with it? Do you think that they are happy with it that Skeyes will strike again? All organisations under the embrella of the government. Does it starts to ring a bell.
Forgot already that we went to court regarding multiple strikes of Skeyes last year?

Everybody thinks that all organisations at the airport are under the responsibility of the airport. We'll, I can tell you unfortunately not

JOVAN
Posts: 478
Joined: 08 Jun 2006, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Post by JOVAN »

Atlantis wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 14:49
JOVAN wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 11:54
e-Gates story , work-to-the-rules actions by Federal Police, upcoming sabotage-strikes by Skeyes-ATC's, and what next ?? Fire-men, bagage-people,...

The Federal Police is unhappy because they have not hand-gel for disinfection, have to sit on wooden chairs (8 hours a day..), not enough means, not enough personnel (140 positions not filled in ), no central place in the airport to sit together, …
Therefore they block road to Airport and annoy thousands of PAX.
flights will be missed, delayed,..
They actually sabotage the proper working of the Airport which is of Top Impotance for Belgium's Economy.

Economical Sabotage should be punished severely. (Jail sentences, pay back damages, ..)
Economical sabotage by Police ; punishment multiplied by Two.

If BRU would care for their PAX, instead of only for their share-holders and their own bonuses, they could perhaps start by buying some real office chairs, some gel, ..

Share-holders would probably not even notice.
Police men would be less unhappy..

This airport is run poorly.
This airport will remain small, mediocre with only happy share-holders filling their pockets.
Dear JOVAN,

To make it clear. The Federal Police at the airport falls under internal affairs of the federal government.
Everything what they request falls under the federal budget.

So in this, again, the airport cannot do anything.

But, again, the airport is vragende partij for solutions.
Vehiculs or guns or whatever is also not bought by the airport for the police there.

So, you have to place everything in the right context.

Do you really think that the airport is happy with it? Do you think that they are happy with it that Skeyes will strike again? All organisations under the embrella of the government. Does it starts to ring a bell.
Forgot already that we went to court regarding multiple strikes of Skeyes last year?

Everybody thinks that all organisations at the airport are under the responsibility of the airport. We'll, I can tell you unfortunately not
BRU is the Director/Manager and runs the show.
They have the duty to make the whole airport-system work.

With good management & diplomacy, competence and commitment, conflicts and many problems can be anticipated things can be anticipated and prevented.

If indeed there is a shortage of 140 police-people , then also BRU carries an ENORMOUS RESPONSIBITY.

Easy to hide under your umbrella or put your head in the sand.
Do you think for instance that terror actions will not/ cannot happen again at BRU ?

Take your responsibility, BRU management.

User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4415
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Post by Atlantis »

JOVAN wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 15:06
Atlantis wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 14:49
JOVAN wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 11:54
e-Gates story , work-to-the-rules actions by Federal Police, upcoming sabotage-strikes by Skeyes-ATC's, and what next ?? Fire-men, bagage-people,...

The Federal Police is unhappy because they have not hand-gel for disinfection, have to sit on wooden chairs (8 hours a day..), not enough means, not enough personnel (140 positions not filled in ), no central place in the airport to sit together, …
Therefore they block road to Airport and annoy thousands of PAX.
flights will be missed, delayed,..
They actually sabotage the proper working of the Airport which is of Top Impotance for Belgium's Economy.

Economical Sabotage should be punished severely. (Jail sentences, pay back damages, ..)
Economical sabotage by Police ; punishment multiplied by Two.

If BRU would care for their PAX, instead of only for their share-holders and their own bonuses, they could perhaps start by buying some real office chairs, some gel, ..

Share-holders would probably not even notice.
Police men would be less unhappy..

This airport is run poorly.
This airport will remain small, mediocre with only happy share-holders filling their pockets.
Dear JOVAN,

To make it clear. The Federal Police at the airport falls under internal affairs of the federal government.
Everything what they request falls under the federal budget.

So in this, again, the airport cannot do anything.

But, again, the airport is vragende partij for solutions.
Vehiculs or guns or whatever is also not bought by the airport for the police there.

So, you have to place everything in the right context.

Do you really think that the airport is happy with it? Do you think that they are happy with it that Skeyes will strike again? All organisations under the embrella of the government. Does it starts to ring a bell.
Forgot already that we went to court regarding multiple strikes of Skeyes last year?

Everybody thinks that all organisations at the airport are under the responsibility of the airport. We'll, I can tell you unfortunately not
BRU is the Director/Manager and runs the show.
They have the duty to make the whole airport-system work.

With good management & diplomacy, competence and commitment, conflicts and many problems can be anticipated things can be anticipated and prevented.

If indeed there is a shortage of 140 police-people , then also BRU carries an ENORMOUS RESPONSIBITY.

Easy to hide under your umbrella or put your head in the sand.
Do you think for instance that terror actions will not/ cannot happen again at BRU ?

Take your responsibility, BRU management.
Sorry but in this you are totally wrong, but you still don't get it. Bcs according to you if there is not enough police, if the police school is not attracting enough recruits, if the people of Skeyes are constantly sick, then it is the responsibility of BRU??!! If there is a strike at DHL or TNT/Fedex at BruCargo then it is the responsibility of BRU??!! Well, well, then BRU will be the biggest headhunter in Belgium :)
That the trambus is still not running, this is also the responsibility of BRU? That the tram from NATO is still not running till BRU, this is also the responsibility of BRU??!! Well, well, amazing

It is still the responsibility of the managers or the third party companies to organize their duties. It is the responsibility of the federal government to let the police work and to provide them what they need.
Also the E-gates are federal budget.

BRU is involved but they cannot take the actions instead of those companies. This is third party related.
BRU regrets those actions but is taking all responsibilities in everything what is directly under out of BRU.

Maybe it would be very good for many of you to come and understand how to run an airport, what are the direct responsibilities, which ones are not direct responsibilities, how the negotiations are done and with whom. If you all would know this, you would not write anything like you are writing now.

737MAX
Posts: 436
Joined: 29 Aug 2017, 08:46

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Post by 737MAX »

Oh boy...we have a winner.

Post Reply