Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Sonho1985

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Post by Sonho1985 » 30 Oct 2019, 14:42

Airbus330lover wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 10:17
Try to go to Bru with heavy luggage from Ottignies (not a small station)
No direct link. same for other parts of Belgium.
Many points to review : lines, station, ....
- no storage for bigger pieces of luggage in train cabins (overhead racks are made for small bags only, so the only solution is put them at the entrance doors where you are bothering other people and you need to keep standing there because you are afraid that somebody will take them).
- as said by Airbus330lover: no direct connection from many parts of the country, good luck changing trains in any Brussels station with two heavy pieces of luggage.
- train tickets in Belgium are way to expensive. In the BRU area there are cheaper parking lots (not the official ones), especially when only travelling for a few days. I often find Ryanair-flights that are cheaper than travelling by train in Belgium. But this kind of hypocrisy is common in our country. Really want to to something for the climate? Well, then make train tickets, solar panels, electric cars etc. etc. affordable and trustworthy.
- no trains between 23h30 and 5h00 at all, so if your flight leaves before 8h00 or arrives after 22h there is no realistic train connection available between BRU and the place where you live (or you have to spend the night on a bench in the station).

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN » 30 Oct 2019, 15:22

lumumba wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 10:22
It's scandalous again no electricity at the airport and the waiting time for the passport control for the African flights is HUGE till gate A55!!!!
Big mess here ....this is crazy. No communication from Brussels Airlines people are panicking really bad service.
Incidents continue in a very frequent way. Unbelievable.

Apart from this : passport control (departure and arrival in Pier B) and baggage delivery continue to be disastrous.
Unless you have to be in Brussels, you have to avoid this place.

Everything for the Shareholder is clearly the policy.

pax are unfortunately only needed to generate more income.

Airporttaxes are a rip-off.

OSTRICH Policies and blaming other subcontractors, railways, police, security agents will not help.
Growth is already very slow and BRU pax-numbers might be shrinking in coming years.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis » 30 Oct 2019, 15:26

Sonho1985 wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 14:42
Airbus330lover wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 10:17
Try to go to Bru with heavy luggage from Ottignies (not a small station)
No direct link. same for other parts of Belgium.
Many points to review : lines, station, ....
- no storage for bigger pieces of luggage in train cabins (overhead racks are made for small bags only, so the only solution is put them at the entrance doors where you are bothering other people and you need to keep standing there because you are afraid that somebody will take them).
- as said by Airbus330lover: no direct connection from many parts of the country, good luck changing trains in any Brussels station with two heavy pieces of luggage.
- train tickets in Belgium are way to expensive. In the BRU area there are cheaper parking lots (not the official ones), especially when only travelling for a few days. I often find Ryanair-flights that are cheaper than travelling by train in Belgium. But this kind of hypocrisy is common in our country. Really want to to something for the climate? Well, then make train tickets, solar panels, electric cars etc. etc. affordable and trustworthy.
- no trains between 23h30 and 5h00 at all, so if your flight leaves before 8h00 or arrives after 22h there is no realistic train connection available between BRU and the place where you live (or you have to spend the night on a bench in the station).
And train tickets will become even more expensive.

This is the world upside down. How they would take cars away from the road if public transport becomes more and more expensive.

Belgium should sent some people to the Baltics and a few other close countries where public transport is completely free of charge and to learn from it....

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam » 30 Oct 2019, 16:53

JOVAN wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 15:22
lumumba wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 10:22
It's scandalous again no electricity at the airport and the waiting time for the passport control for the African flights is HUGE till gate A55!!!!
Big mess here ....this is crazy. No communication from Brussels Airlines people are panicking really bad service.
Incidents continue in a very frequent way. Unbelievable.

Apart from this : passport control (departure and arrival in Pier B) and baggage delivery continue to be disastrous.
Unless you have to be in Brussels, you have to avoid this place.

Everything for the Shareholder is clearly the policy.

pax are unfortunately only needed to generate more income.

Airporttaxes are a rip-off.

OSTRICH Policies and blaming other subcontractors, railways, police, security agents will not help.
Growth is already very slow and BRU pax-numbers might be shrinking in coming years.
Conclusion to which I arrived two or three years ago already ... and I live in Uccle (Brussels). When I read what I read here I do not think back but to be honest it is more because of the unreliability of the so-called national company more and more sick than for the difficulties related to the services of the airport!

lucas

Post by lucas » 31 Oct 2019, 14:34

Has anyone an idea how far the plans for pier A West have evolved? Wasnt it due to open in 2023, like first stated in the Strategic Vision 2040? Is here anyone who has an idea which decisions already have been made, or still have to be made? When is construction likely to begin?
Thanks!

Conti764

Post by Conti764 » 03 Nov 2019, 20:01

BRU has started the replacement of jetways at pier B. The jetway at B37 is removed and the zone around B38 is closed.

KriVa

Post by KriVa » 04 Nov 2019, 11:24

Correct. 237,238 and 240 will all get new boarding bridges in the coming months.
Whether other works are planned at those stands as well, I have no idea.
Thomas

HQ_BRU_Lover

Post by HQ_BRU_Lover » 04 Nov 2019, 11:55

KriVa wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 11:24
Correct. 237,238 and 240 will all get new boarding bridges in the coming months.
Whether other works are planned at those stands as well, I have no idea.
Are these the double ones which can be used for widebodies (f.e. 77W and 380)?

KriVa

Post by KriVa » 04 Nov 2019, 12:30

None of those stands had double boarding bridges in the past, I feel like you’re thinking of 233. That stand is A380 capable, with double bridges. Whether or not double bridges will be installed, I have no clue, but I do think others on this forum might.
Thomas

flightlover

Post by flightlover » 04 Nov 2019, 12:39

KriVa wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 12:30
None of those stands had double boarding bridges in the past, I feel like you’re thinking of 233. That stand is A380 capable, with double bridges. Whether or not double bridges will be installed, I have no clue, but I do think others on this forum might.
233 is a triple bridge A380 capable gate. One can expect more double gates at pier B since more large planes are being send to BRU.

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus » 04 Nov 2019, 12:54

Most positions on B Pier will have double bridges. Installation will be phased due to on-going Ops airside and the need to adapt the inside of the terminal.
All glass-walled like on the A Pier.

H.A.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis » 04 Nov 2019, 13:38

All bridges at the B pier will be double bridges. This is a project of 52 million euro.
Only stand 233 is a triple one.

Everything will be finished at the end of 2022. It goes in phases as everything is in operation

lucas

Post by lucas » 13 Nov 2019, 20:37

Today, de fence revealed the plans for the new ha'gars that will be built at Melsbroek to accommodate the new A400M aircraft. They will be built next to the existing hangars for the C130s and will be the biggest hangars built by defence ever. The hangars will be as big as two football fields and can host three A400s 1t the same time
/https://m.hln.be/in-de-buurt/steenokker ... ~a88dcd77/