Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Stij

Re: BRU infrastructure: future

Post by Stij »

Come on Atlantis,

H.A. Added a smiley!

Cheers,

Stij

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Hi Atlantis,

You seem to have been a bit hip shooting this one.
My post was just a wink to "our" famous reporter André.

And if it needs to be said I gladly confirm that I appreciate your inputs, especially since I don't have an airport badge anymore.

So hopefully you'll share some info and pics with us tomorrow.

Pace e Salute

H.A.

b-west

Post by b-west »

So much fuss over a shopping mall...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

b-west wrote:So much fuss over a shopping mall...
At least that "shopping mall" will allow passengers to avoid the horrendous catacombs and travel to Pier A in the daylight.
André
ex Sabena #26567

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

I'm very happy with the connector etc... but it's to me a waste of ressources because they were some other project more important to me, like the west part of the pear A. The traffic in BRU is growing and growing, and I really start to wondering where they will put all those aircraft in the next few years. Already this summer there will be a lack of gate at rush hour. What will happened if SN got 12 long haul plane in 2017, if Ryanair base 10 aircraft, if Jetairfly grow to 30 if emirates come with the 380, if thomas cook ... well thomas cook will still with 6 aircraft... it's maybe time to see ahead no? Instead of waiting the thing to happened to react...

suomalainen

Post by suomalainen »

I am flying to Rome on thursday morning ! Very happy to discover the long awaited connector !

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

crew1990 wrote: What will happened if SN got 12 long haul plane in 2017... it's maybe time to see ahead no? Instead of waiting the thing to happened to react...
Are there enough gates at the T terminal to park 12 long haul a/c ?

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

I do think they could park 8 aircraft at the T terminal ...correct ?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Brussels Airport has announced that tonight's inauguration ceremony of the Connector will take place despite the tragic Germanwings crash.
André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

sn26567 wrote:Brussels Airport has announced that tonight's inauguration ceremony of the Connector will take place despite the tragic Germanwings crash.
In bad form - a bit of decency would not be out of place, in my opinion.
After all, Germanwings and the Lufthansa Group are customers of Brussels Airport.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

With all my respect, I know this accident is dramatic, and as I work in the aviation and having working in Germany, I'm particularly shocked about this news, however this is not reason for the world to stop from turning.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

The new screening zone is really spectacular!! They did an wesome and great job.

Seeing 25 security lanes and the latest innovations is really spectacular.

The whole Connector is looking nice! Congratulations BRU.

But at this moments no pics as they asked to not post them on any forum or whatever.

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

Atlantis wrote: But at this moments no pics as they asked to not post them on any forum or whatever.
Really? I have already seen pics on FB from people invited at the inauguration.
Looks spectular indeed

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

airazurxtror wrote:
sn26567 wrote:Brussels Airport has announced that tonight's inauguration ceremony of the Connector will take place despite the tragic Germanwings crash.
In bad form - a bit of decency would not be out of place, in my opinion.
After all, Germanwings and the Lufthansa Group are customers of Brussels Airport.
All the speakers at the inauguration had a word of sorrow and condolences for the victims of the Germanwings crash. But such a big event could not have been cancelled in a few hours. I will report later (and by the way, airazurxtror, Mr Cloquet, CEO of CRL, was present and very enthusiastic (I had a chat with him, a former colleague at Solvay).
André
ex Sabena #26567

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

OO-ITR wrote:
Atlantis wrote: But at this moments no pics as they asked to not post them on any forum or whatever.
Really? I have already seen pics on FB from people invited at the inauguration.
Looks spectular indeed
It was asked to not post them before 19h this evening. BRU personel had their inauguation this afternoon and it was not allowed to post them before the King came. Normal I think.

I can assure you that it was stressy till the last moment. The King has a very tight schedule and to let him come is also final then. What had to be finised, was also finised.

Great job!!!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Indeed, Atlantis, I received documents with an embargo until 1900. The press release is now on the home page of Luchtzak.
André
ex Sabena #26567

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

sn26567 wrote:Indeed, Atlantis, I received documents with an embargo until 1900. The press release is now on the home page of Luchtzak.
But no pictures:-(
Hasta la victoria siempre.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

lumumba wrote:But no pictures:-(
See illustrated report of the inauguration here: https://www.aviation24.be/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55880
André
ex Sabena #26567

convair

Post by convair »

I hope there is an easy shortcut or bypass for people who are not interested in or have no time for shopping!

I do some shopping there too occasionally but I find it outrageous that everyone now MUST walk through the shopping area in terminal B, even before the security control. The place looks more and more like a shopping mall where you also have the possibility to eventually board a plane!!!

Consume, consume, consume... is now the leitmotiv!

convair

Post by convair »

I guess my latest post should be better placed in the Connector inauguration topic! I wouldn't mind if moderators move it there of course.