BRU summer 2011: latest news, routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

OO-JFP

Re: BRU summer 2011: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by OO-JFP »

According to a post on A.net, Air Canada will switch to A333 iso B763 next summer.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forum ... n/5014515/

OO-JFP

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

OO-JFP wrote:According to a post on A.net, Air Canada will switch to A333 iso B763 next summer.
This was already known for a couple of months... I'm sure you will find it if you scroll throught this thread. Nevertheless, thanks for sharing this good news again!

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

It was already mentionned indeed, but still nice to see how this route is developing: June this year it started daily with B763, next summer it will be operated by A333 (from June till the end of September normally). This winter it's operated 4 weekly with 763, next winter ('11/'12) it will be operated daily with B763. So as from next summer it will be a year round daily route, in summer operated by A333.

What will be the next step? Splitting up Toronto and Montreal (or even a new destination combined with Toronto or Montreal?)?

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

If 9W is to quit BRU as a consequence of them joining Skyteam, I think it would make sense for another airline to operate to Toronto from BRU. Maybe there's even an opportunity for SN?
They've already squandered their best chance ever in Canada when they let YUL slip out of their hands by hesitating for years, while we now see AC is doing really great on the route, upping capacity (in summer) and frequency (in winter)...

Long haul expansion needs to be far more of a top priority at SN than it currently only is... ;-)

sn-remember

Post by sn-remember »

@Tolipe
When The news came that AC was opening the YUL-BRU route I was mad as hell.
I wrote my mind at that time on this forum and your answer (I remember still) was VERY aloof to say the least.
It surprised me from you.
Since yrs I plead for this route (along with NYC and BOS, possibly IAD)

About YYZ, SN is at light years from ever considering operating this route.
Myself I would not considerate it given the current structure of SN' ntwk (IMO you need a real hub to operate this route from BRU, more offering to/from ME and the Indian subcontinent a.o)
This being said, you have a point about 9W .. should they leave BRU (which is not in the cards at the moment), there might be a field of opportunities for a well established dynamic home carrier in BRU. Unfortunately SN do not meet this qualification. THe fact that they prefer expanding on s/h rather than l/h in 2011 is not going in the good direction.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

sn-remember wrote:@Tolipe
When The news came that AC was opening the YUL-BRU route I was mad as hell.
I wrote my mind at that time on this forum and your answer (I remember still) was VERY aloof to say the least. It surprised me from you.
Since yrs I plead for this route (along with NYC and BOS, possibly IAD)
You must forgive me for not recalling those posts... :oops:

Anyway, as you know probably all too well, it's not that I don't want to see SN operate to Canada or the US, but that one has to live with the dire situation at hands: SN just doesn't have the resources to expand considerably on long haul yet (as in going from the 5 planes today, to 8 in something like 18 months, thus adding a new widebody at the start of each IATA season), and so priorities have to be set.

The TOP PRIORITY must always be AFI over anything else, because it is the one thing that sets us apart in STAR and as demonstrated, this is also what attracts others to BRU (like AC or UA), apparently both with great success.

Indeed, it's a pitty the occasion to operate to YUL was squandered, but let it be a lesson to dare to add more than a single widebody every 3 years or so...

sn-remember

Post by sn-remember »

tolipanebas wrote:SN just doesn't have the resources to expand considerably on long haul yet (as in going from the 5 planes today, to 8 in something like 18 months, thus adding a new widebody at the start of each IATA season), and so priorities have to be set.
Why this fatalism ? They have the resources for adding 6 A32x n/b in a matter of mths so why not some w/bs also ? I mean if profitability is at the horizon (and I believe for SN it is in AFI), go for it !
AF,KL,8U,LH,LX,ET etc.. don't have the same scruples.
tolipanebas wrote: The TOP PRIORITY must always be AFI over anything else, because it is the one thing that sets us apart in STAR and as demonstrated, this is also what attracts others to BRU (like AC or UA), apparently both with great success.
There is no discussion of that, it's obvious ;)
Last edited by sn-remember on 21 Dec 2010, 11:21, edited 1 time in total.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

sn-remember wrote:Why this fatalism ? They have the resources for adding 6 A32x n/b in a matter of mths so why not some w/bs also ? I mean if profitability is at the horizon (and I believe for SN it is in AFI), go for it !
Hey, there's no need to convince me, my friend.

Let's just hope LH comes asap and sets SN firmly on a track of some serious long haul expansion, since we needn't expect much from our current shareholders....

The emphasis from them is only on not posting a loss this year (which will be hard with all the external f*ck ups like ash clouds), so as to be able to present a profitable company to LH. Anything that will cost money now and only yield returns in a few years is simply postponed as it is considered a burden on the short term ballance sheet.

sn-remember

Post by sn-remember »

tolipanebas wrote: Hey, there's no need to convince me, my friend.
Indeed ! Maybe I was nitpicking but your sentence was not clear .. It's better now :)
I'm sure LH would not complain about some risk taking though.

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Flightcare: business as usual at BRU from 4 PM today:

see other topic

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

The Aeroflot plans to increase Moscow Sheremetyevo – Brussels to 11 weekly have been canceled. The airline currently schedules 8 weekly service in Summer 2011, compared to 7 in Summer 2010.

Source: Airline Route
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

MR_Boeing wrote:indeed, PRG will be 4 daily as from 28 March.

If I'm correct, it will be a new evening flight with overnight in PRG operated by RJ85, but I'm not sure as I don't know the shedule of the PRG flights this winter. CSA will keep it 3 daily.
Prague must be a popular destination for SN if they are upgrading it from 3 daily RJ to 3 daily RJ and 1 daily A319.
brussels airlines adds 4th Daily Prague service in S11

brussels airlines from 27MAR11 is introducing 4th Daily service on Brussels – Prague route. The new flight provides night-time departure from Brussels and early-morning from Prague.

In addition, brussels airlines also codeshares on Lufthansa’s Frankfurt – Prague service.

Schedule:

Code: Select all

SN2807 BRU0645 – 0815PRG 319 x67
SN2809 BRU0840 – 1010PRG AR1 67
SN2811 BRU1510 – 1640PRG AR1 x6
SN2811 BRU1510 – 1645PRG AR1 6
SN2813 BRU1900 – 2030PRG AR8 x6
SN2815 BRU2100 – 2230PRG AR8 x6

SN2816 PRG0645 – 0815BRU AR8 x7
SN2808 PRG0845 – 1015BRU 319 x67
SN2810 PRG1040 – 1210BRU AR1 67
SN2812 PRG1710 – 1840BRU AR1 x6
SN2812 PRG1840 – 2010BRU AR8 6
SN2814 PRG2100 – 2225BRU AR8 x6

Source: Airline Route
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

New destinations for Jetairfly.com: Pristina (Kosovo) and Tirana (Albania). Both for flights as from June 10, twice a week!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Thomas Cook Airlines is going to expand their services to Gran Canaria with an extra morning flight on Wednesdays. Departure ex-BRU: 07.10LT

fretn

Post by fretn »

sn26567 wrote:New destinations for Jetairfly.com: Pristina (Kosovo) and Tirana (Albania). Both for flights as from June 10, twice a week!
This will be a real money maker! There's a huge Albanian community in Belgium!

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

fretn wrote:This will be a real money maker! There's a huge Albanian community in Belgium!
Indeed, I noticed last in the movie 'dossier K ' :lol:
but there not so much resorts overthere I guess..
as I was there for 1 day I couldn't say the're so many points of interest.. except the mountains..

but off course this could be moneymaking as there aren't so many carriers flying over there..
but isn't Bangladesh/Dhaka also less served nowadays.. regi? :lol:
Maybe they can have a stop over there going to Male ?? :mrgreen:

Strange destinations IMHO.. let's see how long they will serve this destination..

CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

I found something new. Belleair wants to start up flights to Brussels Airport and this as from 28 March.
They want to start with three flights a week and this on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I don't know which type of aircraft they want to use for this.

Their destination will be Tirana. Flightnumber LZ797 with an arrival at BRU at 08.20h and they will leave half hour later at 09.10h under flightnumber LZLZ798.

This comes in the same week as Jetairfly announced to fly to Tirana also. Their timetable is on Monday and Friday.

capetown

Post by capetown »

Atlantis wrote:I found something new. Belleair wants to start up flights to Brussels Airport and this as from 28 March.
They want to start with three flights a week and this on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I don't know which type of aircraft they want to use for this.

Their destination will be Tirana. Flightnumber LZ797 with an arrival at BRU at 08.20h and they will leave half hour later at 09.10h under flightnumber LZLZ798.
Strange ... aren't they flying to LGG already ? Wouldn't that be a "first", a foreign pax airline flying simultaneously to two airports in Belgium ? Or are they about to switch LGG for BRU ? As to Tirana, I remember that LV has started flights to BRU a couple of years ago, and they lasted a couple of weeks if I'm not mistaken, before they withdrew again ... not sure Albania is such a high yield market :)

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

It's indeed strange. First I thought that they would fly to CRL as some airlines mention BRU instead of CRL.
The three flights are already loaded in their bookingengine, I did the test. Jetairfly is cheaper as they offer this as LC and will fly also on Monday and Friday as Belleair will do.

Indeed Belleair is flying to LGG and this two times a week but only a few months (June till September I think)
Belleair is going to fly three times a week to BRU and this the whole summerseason.

Could this be a possible move from LGG to BRU?

liege-bierset

Post by liege-bierset »

capetown wrote:
Atlantis wrote:I found something new. Belleair wants to start up flights to Brussels Airport and this as from 28 March.

Strange ... aren't they flying to LGG already ? Wouldn't that be a "first", a foreign pax airline flying simultaneously to two airports in Belgium ? Or are they about to switch LGG for BRU ? As to Tirana, I remember that LV has started flights to BRU a couple of years ago, and they lasted a couple of weeks if I'm not mistaken, before they withdrew again ... not sure Albania is such a high yield market :)
Strange indeed:
"...et les problèmes de droit de trafic de Belle Air constituent les causes principales de ce recul.
Les perspectives pour 2011 en trafic de passagers sont meilleures puisque Thomas Cook a décidé de développer à nouveau ses vols au départ de Liège,
que Belle Air reliera Pristina et Liège 3 fois par semaine au lieu de 2 fois, et
que Jet Air augmentera la fréquence de ses vols vers Tel Aviv (3 rotations par
semaine au lieu de 2 en 2010). (Liegeairport.be)

http://theairdb.com/news/2010121634-belle-air.html
BRU-CIA & BRU-FCO with Belle Air
:? :?
An other (related ?) reading :
http://archives.lesoir.be/wallonie-abse ... 3355&nav=1