Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
User avatar
cathay belgium
Posts: 2154
Joined: 18 Aug 2008, 00:17
Location: Lommel-Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by cathay belgium » 02 May 2019, 11:30

Hi,

Don't like thé new livery but at least it shows the Brussels Airlines name on shot haul aircraft for a few years more :)

What Will be thé next one :)
CXB
New types planned for 2019 : A223,AN24
New types flown : AW139,B737MAX8,B763nonER

ezis_bis
Posts: 189
Joined: 07 Aug 2014, 17:11
Location: Tallinn, EU

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by ezis_bis » 02 May 2019, 13:09

I am rather happy they're still investing in this livery, though I like other better.
It also reassures me SN will be around a bit longer (they're a very decent option out of Brussels, and a part of a large alliance).

I do wonder what will happen with this OO-SNN

It better not be a EW one.

I would guess, just a gut feeling, that EW is not doing that great at all. So, perhaps the LH Group still prefers to keep SN around.

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 34725
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by sn26567 » 02 May 2019, 14:06

cathay belgium wrote:
02 May 2019, 11:30

What Will be thé next one :)
CXB
It has been mentioned to me in private conversations with the Comm people that a seventh Belgian icon is on the drawing board for next year.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Ansett
Posts: 316
Joined: 13 Apr 2016, 19:12

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Ansett » 02 May 2019, 18:05

I had my doubts when it was mentioned that the new iconic livery would be Bruegel and I was right (imho).
Bruegel is undoubtedly a great Flemish master, but his work is not something you can easily and successfully represent on an aircraft. And for me it's a total flop ! I could imagine people saying yuck instead of WOW ! I've seen many people at foreign airports stop to watch the Tintin and Magritte liveries especially. I wasn't very enthusiastic about the Smurfs, but that one is also great ! Well, I'm disappointed. Wonder what the overall reactions will be. If they wanted to go for art, Art Deco would have been a much better choice (imho gain).

convair
Posts: 1706
Joined: 18 Nov 2011, 00:02

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by convair » 02 May 2019, 19:24

Ansett wrote:
02 May 2019, 18:05
I had my doubts when it was mentioned that the new iconic livery would be Bruegel and I was right (imho).
Bruegel is undoubtedly a great Flemish master, but his work is not something you can easily and successfully represent on an aircraft. And for me it's a total flop ! I could imagine people saying yuck instead of WOW ! I've seen many people at foreign airports stop to watch the Tintin and Magritte liveries especially. I wasn't very enthusiastic about the Smurfs, but that one is also great ! Well, I'm disappointed. Wonder what the overall reactions will be. If they wanted to go for art, Art Deco would have been a much better choice (imho gain).
I can agree with that to a certain extent: Bruegel could have been a good choice, imho, but I'm disappointed by the choice of the pictures. The overall impression is not very colorful and a bit drab.

nordikcam
Posts: 873
Joined: 24 Aug 2008, 10:22
Location: Uccle

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by nordikcam » 02 May 2019, 19:37

This is probably not the most successful of Belgian icons ... but it has the merit to exist ... the Smurfs had won against a project devoted to art deco if I remember well ... and this project did not seem bad at all!

brabel
Posts: 146
Joined: 17 Jun 2015, 10:51

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by brabel » 02 May 2019, 20:37

nordikcam wrote:
02 May 2019, 19:37
This is probably not the most successful of Belgian icons ... but it has the merit to exist ... the Smurfs had won against a project devoted to art deco if I remember well ... and this project did not seem bad at all!
Was art nouveau

BAAV
Posts: 44
Joined: 08 Jun 2013, 18:03

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by BAAV » 02 May 2019, 20:55

quite daring to put paintings on a plane's fuselage, congrats for that. Judging from the pictures, the interior looks stunning. A nice addition to the other themes! I hope the crews will be prepared, they are bound to get many questions on the meaning of the scenes portrayed ;-)

TLspotting
Posts: 969
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by TLspotting » 07 May 2019, 16:15

airbuske wrote:
01 May 2019, 20:52
I don't know if it was already mentioned.
OO-SNN ( MSN4269 ex OE-LOE) will join the Brussels Airlines fleet in june 2019.
Didn't get OE-LOE but OE-LOG.

Ex Air Berlin, 17th A320 for Brussels Airlines and youngest of the fleet, only 9 years old, currently at Larnaca, Republic of Cyprus.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

C96C
Posts: 59
Joined: 03 Apr 2017, 11:51

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by C96C » 07 May 2019, 17:13

TLspotting wrote:
07 May 2019, 16:15
airbuske wrote:
01 May 2019, 20:52
I don't know if it was already mentioned.
OO-SNN ( MSN4269 ex OE-LOE) will join the Brussels Airlines fleet in june 2019.
Didn't get OE-LOE but OE-LOG.

Ex Air Berlin, 17th A320 for Brussels Airlines and youngest of the fleet, only 9 years old, currently at Larnaca, Republic of Cyprus.
It will be OE-LOE... Ex OE-LOG is already in service with Edelweiss as HB-JJN...

TLspotting
Posts: 969
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by TLspotting » 07 May 2019, 18:00

Was referring to another post, I caught OE-LOG and not OE-LOE as I said before.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

Matt
Posts: 60
Joined: 14 Nov 2018, 09:20

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Matt » 09 May 2019, 11:27

according to this thing it will get an SN livery :)


https://sites.google.com/site/lhgroupfleet/brussels

User avatar
CTBke
Posts: 1029
Joined: 13 May 2003, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by CTBke » 09 May 2019, 15:28

TLspotting wrote:
07 May 2019, 16:15
airbuske wrote:
01 May 2019, 20:52
I don't know if it was already mentioned.
OO-SNN ( MSN4269 ex OE-LOE) will join the Brussels Airlines fleet in june 2019.
Didn't get OE-LOE but OE-LOG.

Ex Air Berlin, 17th A320 for Brussels Airlines and youngest of the fleet, only 9 years old, currently at Larnaca, Republic of Cyprus.
To be exact SSR is the youngest in the fleet 9 years whil SNN is 9.1
Citybird
The flying dream

viennafly
Posts: 18
Joined: 14 Feb 2018, 21:24

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by viennafly » 10 May 2019, 10:27

OO-SFT is just atm flying to PGF as SN9903, is this already the phaseout or just maintenance?

TLspotting
Posts: 969
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by TLspotting » 10 May 2019, 11:13

viennafly wrote:
10 May 2019, 10:27
OO-SFT is just atm flying to PGF as SN9903, is this already the phaseout or just maintenance?
Maintenance like AB a while ago.
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

Matt
Posts: 60
Joined: 14 Nov 2018, 09:20

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Matt » 10 May 2019, 11:43

TLspotting wrote:
10 May 2019, 11:13
viennafly wrote:
10 May 2019, 10:27
OO-SFT is just atm flying to PGF as SN9903, is this already the phaseout or just maintenance?
Maintenance like AB a while ago.

https://sites.google.com/site/lhgroupfleet/brussels

Appearently the phase out which I found odd... This plane was supposed to stay, no?

User avatar
CTBke
Posts: 1029
Joined: 13 May 2003, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by CTBke » 10 May 2019, 12:05

Matt wrote:
10 May 2019, 11:43
TLspotting wrote:
10 May 2019, 11:13
viennafly wrote:
10 May 2019, 10:27
OO-SFT is just atm flying to PGF as SN9903, is this already the phaseout or just maintenance?
Maintenance like AB a while ago.

https://sites.google.com/site/lhgroupfleet/brussels

Appearently the phase out which I found odd... This plane was supposed to stay, no?
maybe they'll keep SFY longer? otherwise it's 2 A330-200 phase out this month
Citybird
The flying dream

C96C
Posts: 59
Joined: 03 Apr 2017, 11:51

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by C96C » 10 May 2019, 12:16

Matt wrote:
10 May 2019, 11:43
TLspotting wrote:
10 May 2019, 11:13
viennafly wrote:
10 May 2019, 10:27
OO-SFT is just atm flying to PGF as SN9903, is this already the phaseout or just maintenance?
Maintenance like AB a while ago.

https://sites.google.com/site/lhgroupfleet/brussels

Appearently the phase out which I found odd... This plane was supposed to stay, no?
https://sites.google.com/site/lhgroupfleet is not an official site... Not everything on it is correct...

convair
Posts: 1706
Joined: 18 Nov 2011, 00:02

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by convair » 10 May 2019, 13:06

CTBke wrote:
09 May 2019, 15:28
TLspotting wrote:
07 May 2019, 16:15
airbuske wrote:
01 May 2019, 20:52
I don't know if it was already mentioned.
OO-SNN ( MSN4269 ex OE-LOE) will join the Brussels Airlines fleet in june 2019.
Didn't get OE-LOE but OE-LOG.

Ex Air Berlin, 17th A320 for Brussels Airlines and youngest of the fleet, only 9 years old, currently at Larnaca, Republic of Cyprus.
To be exact SSR is the youngest in the fleet 9 years whil SNN is 9.1
But, still, SNN the youngest A320, isn't it. ;)

Matt
Posts: 60
Joined: 14 Nov 2018, 09:20

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Matt » 10 May 2019, 13:27

C96C wrote:
10 May 2019, 12:16
Matt wrote:
10 May 2019, 11:43
TLspotting wrote:
10 May 2019, 11:13


Maintenance like AB a while ago.

https://sites.google.com/site/lhgroupfleet/brussels

Appearently the phase out which I found odd... This plane was supposed to stay, no?
https://sites.google.com/site/lhgroupfleet is not an official site... Not everything on it is correct...
It says maintenance now haha

Post Reply