Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
TLspotting
Posts: 555
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by TLspotting » 13 Nov 2018, 21:30

It is maybe the wrong topic, but when OO-SFY will come back from Lisbon ?
I'm Thibault >
> Student
> Spotter at home (or outdoor,that's better) since 2016
> Instagram,Facebook and Twitter > @TLspotting

Homo Aeroportus
Posts: 926
Joined: 24 Feb 2007, 18:28
Location: 2300NM due South of North Pole

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Homo Aeroportus » 14 Nov 2018, 22:59

luchtzak wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 12:29
airbuske wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 15:24
OO-SFN will be ferried tomorrow to BGR.
It's a stopover in Bangor, the A330 will continue to Pinal Airpark.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/luft ... l-airpark/
Landed at KMZJ at 19:52Z 14NOV.
End of the line for her.

H.A.

Kapitein
Posts: 1572
Joined: 29 Jul 2004, 00:00
Location: Somewhere around the globe....
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Kapitein » 19 Nov 2018, 15:18

With the retiring of OOSFN is the interior taken out of the plane before leaving?
I guess they can still use the seats in other aircraft when one is broken?

Duke
Posts: 232
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Duke » 19 Nov 2018, 15:27

Kapitein wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 15:18
With the retiring of OOSFN is the interior taken out of the plane before leaving?
I guess they can still use the seats in other aircraft when one is broken?
Isn't Brussels Airlines going to install an all new interior in the "new" A330's?
So I guess the seats in the withdrawn aircraft will not be very useful anymore...
About this new interior, will there be Economy Plus seats?
Regards,

Duke

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33841
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by sn26567 » 19 Nov 2018, 16:41

Duke wrote: About this new interior, will there be Economy Plus seats?
Yes :)
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 10515
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by luchtzak » 19 Nov 2018, 16:51

sn26567 wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 16:41
Duke wrote: About this new interior, will there be Economy Plus seats?
Yes :)
In a cabin separated from economy.

User avatar
CTBke
Posts: 985
Joined: 13 May 2003, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by CTBke » 19 Nov 2018, 17:13

Duke wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 15:27
Kapitein wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 15:18
With the retiring of OOSFN is the interior taken out of the plane before leaving?
I guess they can still use the seats in other aircraft when one is broken?
Isn't Brussels Airlines going to install an all new interior in the "new" A330's?
So I guess the seats in the withdrawn aircraft will not be very useful anymore...
About this new interior, will there be Economy Plus seats?
Regards,

Duke
according to maintenance OO-SFN left with the cabin installed ... (many other airliners do the same by sending complete airframes to the desert) those interiors can't be used anymore as it would cost more than just keeping cabins inside from the previous operator prior to the new cabin.
Citybird
The flying dream

Matt
Posts: 17
Joined: 14 Nov 2018, 09:20

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Matt » 20 Nov 2018, 09:55

luchtzak wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 16:51
sn26567 wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 16:41
Duke wrote: About this new interior, will there be Economy Plus seats?
Yes :)
In a cabin separated from economy.
Will they be more like premium economy in LH or more like the current product?

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33841
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by sn26567 » 20 Nov 2018, 10:00

Matt wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 09:55
luchtzak wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 16:51
sn26567 wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 16:41


Yes :)
In a cabin separated from economy.
Will they be more like premium economy in LH or more like the current product?
More like LH.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Matt
Posts: 17
Joined: 14 Nov 2018, 09:20

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Matt » 20 Nov 2018, 10:04

sn26567 wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 10:00
Matt wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 09:55
luchtzak wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 16:51


In a cabin separated from economy.
Will they be more like premium economy in LH or more like the current product?
More like LH.
awesome :D

Homo Aeroportus
Posts: 926
Joined: 24 Feb 2007, 18:28
Location: 2300NM due South of North Pole

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Homo Aeroportus » 20 Nov 2018, 10:27

The Privilege, Premium eco, is worth it in long haul and I'm looking forward to seeing the new cabin.

But on the short haul SN should come back to a more attractive Bizz&Class.
They have now squeezed the first row on the A320S between the 1L door and the cockpit.
Screenshot 2018-11-15 15.04.39.png

Very little legroom :(

H.A.

User avatar
CTBke
Posts: 985
Joined: 13 May 2003, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by CTBke » 20 Nov 2018, 12:09

Homo Aeroportus wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 10:27
The Privilege, Premium eco, is worth it in long haul and I'm looking forward to seeing the new cabin.

But on the short haul SN should come back to a more attractive Bizz&Class.
They have now squeezed the first row on the A320S between the 1L door and the cockpit.
Screenshot 2018-11-15 15.04.39.png

Very little legroom :(

H.A.
maybe it's part of their bigger plan to integrate into the EW group and having the same config as their A320's and making Bizz&Class less attractive on European flights .. LH/LX/OS offer a far better inflight service when traveling in Business class
Citybird
The flying dream

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33841
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by sn26567 » 20 Nov 2018, 12:23

CTBke wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 12:09
Homo Aeroportus wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 10:27
The Privilege, Premium eco, is worth it in long haul and I'm looking forward to seeing the new cabin.

But on the short haul SN should come back to a more attractive Bizz&Class.
They have now squeezed the first row on the A320S between the 1L door and the cockpit.

Screenshot 2018-11-15 15.04.39.png


Very little legroom :(

H.A.
maybe it's part of their bigger plan to integrate into the EW group and having the same config as their A320's and making Bizz&Class less attractive on European flights .. LH/LX/OS offer a far better inflight service when traveling in Business class
One more reason why SN doesn't fit in the EW Group but should move to the LH Group network airlines.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Homo Aeroportus
Posts: 926
Joined: 24 Feb 2007, 18:28
Location: 2300NM due South of North Pole

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Homo Aeroportus » 20 Nov 2018, 12:53

Sorry guys, should have added the tongue-in-cheek smiley.

Ahead of door 1L and 1R, is the Lav and the galley.
You're not supposed to turn left when entering an A320.

;)

H.A.

Matt
Posts: 17
Joined: 14 Nov 2018, 09:20

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Matt » 23 Nov 2018, 10:48

Been seeing a Eurowings A340-300 taking off on Wednesday, Thursday and today now for SN501, is there a problem with the A330 fleet ? It's also planned for tomorrow

It moved from being occasional to frequently.

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33841
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by sn26567 » 23 Nov 2018, 11:08

Matt wrote:
23 Nov 2018, 10:48
Been seeing a Eurowings A340-300 taking off on ...
It is actually a Brussels Airlines A340-300 in Eurowings livery!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Matt
Posts: 17
Joined: 14 Nov 2018, 09:20

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Matt » 23 Nov 2018, 11:14

sn26567 wrote:
23 Nov 2018, 11:08
Matt wrote:
23 Nov 2018, 10:48
Been seeing a Eurowings A340-300 taking off on ...
It is actually a Brussels Airlines A340-300 in Eurowings livery!
Owh I know. Just wondering why they took the a340 of its base in Dusseldorf :P

convair
Posts: 1599
Joined: 18 Nov 2011, 00:02

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by convair » 23 Nov 2018, 15:29

Matt wrote:
23 Nov 2018, 10:48
Been seeing a Eurowings A340-300 taking off on Wednesday, Thursday and today now for SN501, is there a problem with the A330 fleet ? It's also planned for tomorrow

It moved from being occasional to frequently.
SFT and SFY are in LIS for C-check I read on another topic here (will they return to the fleet?); SFU on maintenance at BRU I believe; SFZ apparently still AOG at BRU since the engine problem on return from Kinshasa. So, no SN A332 available for the moment.

On top of OO-SCW doing JFK (untill?), OO-SFJ (an A333 from LH with EW livery) has been doing Dakar-Banjul/Conakry for more than a week now.

Matt
Posts: 17
Joined: 14 Nov 2018, 09:20

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Matt » 23 Nov 2018, 15:34

convair wrote:
23 Nov 2018, 15:29
Matt wrote:
23 Nov 2018, 10:48
Been seeing a Eurowings A340-300 taking off on Wednesday, Thursday and today now for SN501, is there a problem with the A330 fleet ? It's also planned for tomorrow

It moved from being occasional to frequently.
SFT and SFY are in LIS for C-check I read on another topic here (will they return to the fleet?); SFU on maintenance at BRU I believe; SFZ apparently still AOG at BRU since the engine problem on return from Kinshasa. So, no SN A332 available for the moment.

On top of OO-SCW doing JFK (untill?), OO-SFJ (an A333 from LH with EW livery) has been doing Dakar-Banjul/Conakry for more than a week now.
That makes sense.
Haven't been seeing OO-SFJ taking of tough... ( well, I dont always look outside of my window at work... my boss would kill me :lol: )

Homo Aeroportus
Posts: 926
Joined: 24 Feb 2007, 18:28
Location: 2300NM due South of North Pole

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Homo Aeroportus » 27 Nov 2018, 20:39

Seems that OO-SFG had her first flight out of EBBR this morning.

Screenshot 2018-11-27 13.08.50.png

H.A.

Post Reply