Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

viennafly

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by viennafly »

I have heard rumors, and maybe someone can confirm it:

Will SN be getting a 5th A333 (D-AIKH) from LH for the EW-Ops? Actually I thought it would be only 4 in total.

Thanks in advance!

C96C

Post by C96C »

viennafly wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 18:40 I have heard rumors, and maybe someone can confirm it:

Will SN be getting a 5th A333 (D-AIKH) from LH for the EW-Ops? Actually I thought it would be only 4 in total.

Thanks in advance!
I think your info is correct but there will only be 4 A333's (I assume).
I assume that OO-SFB will return to regular SN service in BRU.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

OO-SFB will indeed return to SN this year.

viennafly

Post by viennafly »

Thanks for the confirmation guys!

When will SFB return to the SN-Ops?

C96C

Post by C96C »

According to the unofficial LH Group-site there will be a 5th EW A333 opby SN: https://sites.google.com/site/lhgroupfleet/eurowings

Future will tell us...

PttU

Post by PttU »

CTBke wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 14:46
PttU wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 14:16
CTBke wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 17:08

there won't be a return of Sukhoi's at Brussels Airlines, that's the whole point of ending the agreement with Cityjet
Does the wet-lease agreement (or tender) specifically exclude SSJs?
That I don't know but why would they terminate the contract with Cityjet's SSJ and start a new one with Adria with SSJ again?
The SSJ's themselves were not the problem, but the cancelled and delayed flights were. And those could be solved with a good spare and/or maintenance management. I don't assume Adria does, but if a candidate to this tender offers SSJ-ops, backed with a better plan to limit disruptions: why not? From a passenger perspective these are good planes (overhead bin space etc...)

Vic Diesel

Post by Vic Diesel »

PttU wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 19:09The SSJ's themselves were not the problem, but the cancelled and delayed flights were. And those could be solved with a good spare and/or maintenance management. I don't assume Adria does, but if a candidate to this tender offers SSJ-ops, backed with a better plan to limit disruptions: why not? From a passenger perspective these are good planes (overhead bin space etc...)
Indeed, supply of spare parts and poor maintenance management WAS an issue. But if you think of the signed agreement between Sukhoi and Adria, there is a new maintenance base for the SSJ to be built in LJU - and Sukhoi surely got the message regarding aftersales customer care. And since passenger-wise the SSJ proved to be quite formidable and popular, I don't see why they could not return to the SN fleet in the future. The E190 might be nice, but space for luggage is quite limited and poor - expecially in comparison with the SSJ (although still much better than the CRJs).
Best regards,
Viktor

(Budapest-born, Vienna-raised, Brussels-based)

convair

Post by convair »

C96C wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 22:49 According to the unofficial LH Group-site there will be a 5th EW A333 opby SN: https://sites.google.com/site/lhgroupfleet/eurowings

Future will tell us...
The "Brussels" page of that site gives the timing of the transfers.

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Do we have to understand that the brussels airlines fleet will remain stable in 2019? I mean… regarding the SN ops (not thinking about the EW ops)...

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

A catering truck hit a Taban Air Bae AVRO RJ-85 (EP-TBG) at Tehran Mehrabad Airport. The aircraft got seriously damaged to flaps, fuel tanks, wing surface and maybe the wings spar. Previously, the aircraft operated for DAT - (SN) Brussels Airlines (1996-2011) as OO-DJQ and Aviatrans K as UR-CKH. Since 2015, the jumbolino is operating in Iran.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/taba ... 85-oo-djq/

convair

Post by convair »

First revenue flight for OO-SFE today as SN223. And nice picture of an old Sabena DC7-C at Bujumbura airport in October 1959 on FR24! :)

Hey, not even 10 years old bird!
Last edited by convair on 25 Jan 2019, 16:16, edited 2 times in total.

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

OO-SFT is already flying with the new Premium Economy cabin!
Best regards,

Airbuske

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

it is indeed, the whole new cabin will be presented shortly
Citybird
The flying dream

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

CTBke wrote: 26 Jan 2019, 21:10 it is indeed, the whole new cabin will be presented shortly
...and Aviation24.be will report! :)
André
ex Sabena #26567

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

But SFT is a 200 with PW engine almost 20 years old?!?
Is Brussels Airlines not switching to Trent????
Hasta la victoria siempre.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

lumumba wrote: 27 Jan 2019, 15:01 But SFT is a 200 with PW engine almost 20 years old?!?
Is Brussels Airlines not switching to Trent????
2 A332's have lease contracts till 2021/2022 and will stay until then. They get the new PY cabin (though with some small visual differences to fit the 'old' cabin vs the version that will be installed on the 8 A333's), the rest of the cabin remains the same as it's not worth the investment for just a few more years and both the current Y and C class are still more than OK enough.
All A333's (the 7 'new' and SFX) will get the fully new cabin, standardized galleys, etc. It's the first time ever in the history of SN that such an extensive interior retrofit is carried out.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Thanks.
But it's a bit a pity because the C and Y class are completely worn out.
But it's understandable....

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

lumumba wrote: 27 Jan 2019, 16:33 Thanks.
SFT started flying for SN just 1 year ago (end of Jan 2017), it definitely doesn't have a worn out C and Y class. There is a big difference between 'not in new state anymore' and 'completely worn out'. Cabin interiors suffer heavily during their lifetime and need continuous maintenance and deep cleaning that's normal. You can have a 6 month aircraft with a cabin that looks 6 year old in some areas, but that should be solved soon enough if maintenance is keeping up.

The problem is often with interim cabins where there is a lack of spare parts etc, that you will see within a few months.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

RoMax wrote: 27 Jan 2019, 17:20
lumumba wrote: 27 Jan 2019, 16:33 Thanks.
SFT started flying for SN just 1 year ago (end of Jan 2017), it definitely doesn't have a worn out C and Y class. There is a big difference between 'not in new state anymore' and 'completely worn out'. Cabin interiors suffer heavily during their lifetime and need continuous maintenance and deep cleaning that's normal. You can have a 6 month aircraft with a cabin that looks 6 year old in some areas, but that should be solved soon enough if maintenance is keeping up.

The problem is often with interim cabins where there is a lack of spare parts etc, that you will see within a few months.
Ok thanks for clearing this up last time I flew it was OO-SFY.

sukhoi

Post by sukhoi »

Brussels Airlines to lease in Irish CRJs from 2Q19 from ch-aviaton