Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

pitrixplanespotting

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by pitrixplanespotting »

It was still wearing the same livery as in the picture posted here before.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Today's test flight of OO-SFF
Schermopname (564).png

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

luchtzak wrote: 31 Jul 2019, 13:54 Today's test flight of OO-SFF
Schermopname (564).png
I like the livery. Classy and clean.

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

It looks unfinished and temporary. As there is no official communication from SN, I don't believe this is the new livery. (at least I hope not!) :?

Picture from https://www.planespotters.net/photo/977 ... s-a330-343

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

Boavida wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 11:31 It looks unfinished and temporary. As there is no official communication from SN, I don't believe this is the new livery. (at least I hope not!) :?

there is no official statement about this livery at all, just speculations.
Citybird
The flying dream

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

As a livery change is a big PR-operation for an airline, I don't believe this is the new livery. A new livery doesn't just show up without any communication or publicity campaign.

It's just a temporary solution. Please move on :)

bartds

Post by bartds »

what’s happening with OO-SFC left BRU today as SN255? Flew by at low altitude & performing circles around Antwerp since half an hour.

bartds

Post by bartds »

SN255.PNG

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

CTBke wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 11:50
Boavida wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 11:31 It looks unfinished and temporary. As there is no official communication from SN, I don't believe this is the new livery. (at least I hope not!) :?

Well, besides the speculations there is an actual plane flying with it. :geek:

PttU

Post by PttU »

Jetter wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 13:33
CTBke wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 11:50

Well, besides the speculations there is an actual plane flying with it. :geek:
A temporary livery is a livery too, yes. And even though it's a bit white, and the blue from the tail stops at the fuselage, it's still better than SN flying with Singapore's colors.

By the way: Is this white the LH-white or 9V-white? And is the dark blue tail the SN-dark blue, or the 9V-dark blue? How much did they repaint?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

No official SN statement, but from conversations I had with two SN managers one can deduct that:
  • All future SN widebodies will get minimal painting jobs: a white fuselage, a blue tail with the red b dots.
  • That painting is there to stay. Pressure on costs will have that livery remain until there is a real need for a new paint job.
Thus, you may call it temporary, but it will be a long-term temporary livery.
André
ex Sabena #26567

BrightCedars

Post by BrightCedars »

Haven't they learned from Air Belgium that you can use stickers too?

Av24.be

Post by Av24.be »

The Airbus A330-300 (Reg. OO-SFF) is painted in a simplified livery (white fuselage and white engines; only tail and titles are different), that is going to be the standard scheme for all aircraft of the Lufthansa Group.

PttU

Post by PttU »

Av24.be wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 13:34
The Airbus A330-300 (Reg. OO-SFF) is painted in a simplified livery (white fuselage and white engines; only tail and titles are different), that is going to be the standard scheme for all aircraft of the Lufthansa Group.
Speculation or confirmed? If it's confirmed, it's quite a shame an international twitter-account can get a statement, but this Belgian aviation newssite can't.

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

sn26567 wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 14:43 No official SN statement, but from conversations I had with two SN managers one can deduct that:
  • All future SN widebodies will get minimal painting jobs: a white fuselage, a blue tail with the red b dots.
  • That painting is there to stay. Pressure on costs will have that livery remain until there is a real need for a new paint job.
Thus, you may call it temporary, but it will be a long-term temporary livery.
Us usual, your interpretation is misleading and incorrect. The paint on SFF was decided at a time when SN was still under the Eurowings umbrella, therefore it was intended to be an interim solution until it was decided what would happen with the SN brand for long haul (the decision for short haul was already taken, hence the c/s on SNN).

However, now that it is clear that SN will go its own way, it will get a "normal" livery in due time, the current is only temporarily. As you can guess, updating the paint within weeks is not possible and it isn't on top of the priority list. Hence, this tempo c/s on SFF could last for one, or maybe, two years. At the moment, there is no plan to paint other widebodies in this c/s.

We will have to see how SFH (the next A330-300) will look like to make any kind of conclusion.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

DeltaWiskey, do you have any information about the next aircraft entering the fleet and the one wich will be leaving? I'm kind of lost.

pitrixplanespotting

Post by pitrixplanespotting »

according to https://sites.google.com/site/lhgroupfleet/brussels

OO-SFH (ex CX) is the next one to join in October 19
and OO-SFW the next one to leave in September 19

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

@crew1990:
Outgoing
SFM-N-O-V have already left the fleet.

SFY will leave this month. SFW will leave in November. SNG in December. SFU early 2020.
SFZ in 2021 and SFT in 2022.

Incoming
SFP is MSN 645 and is the fourth (and final*) for DUS ops. SFP should start operating in September (replacing the A340).
SFH will be MSN 679 (ex-CX) and arrives at the end of this year, SFH is the final airframe of the current re-fleet program.
The replacement a/c for SFZ and SFT are not known yet.

The google list is not completely correct: MSN 648 is also listed on the google site, however, MSN 570 was transferred instead of MSN 648.

*Over one month ago there were talks of adding a 5th A330 for the DUS ops, but I think that idea is off the table now, seeing the recent developments.

I have no info on other incoming aircraft for 2020, but I believe that is one of the topics being discussed at Board level now, so no one knows really, yet. It can be 1, or 2, or 3 a/c, or none at all.

Ever since SN is 100% LHG, transfer of aircraft are only known at very short notice. It is supposedly one of the benefits of being in a big aviation group.

At the beginning of next year it should look like this (when the current re-fleet is finished):
DUS: SFJ-K-L-P
BRU: SFB-C-D-H (ex-CX), SFE-F-G-X (ex-SQ), SFZ-T (to be replaced in '21-'22).

sounilr21

Post by sounilr21 »

DeltaWiskey wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 22:34 @crew1990:
Outgoing
SFM-N-O-V have already left the fleet.

SFY will leave this month. SFW will leave in November. SNG in December. SFU early 2020.
SFZ in 2021 and SFT in 2022.

Incoming
SFP is MSN 645 and is the fourth (and final*) for DUS ops. SFP should start operating in September (replacing the A340).
SFH will be MSN 679 (ex-CX) and arrives at the end of this year, SFH is the final airframe of the current re-fleet program.
The replacement a/c for SFZ and SFT are not known yet.

The google list is not completely correct: MSN 648 is also listed on the google site, however, MSN 570 was transferred instead of MSN 648.

*Over one month ago there were talks of adding a 5th A330 for the DUS ops, but I think that idea is off the table now, seeing the recent developments.

I have no info on other incoming aircraft for 2020, but I believe that is one of the topics being discussed at Board level now, so no one knows really, yet. It can be 1, or 2, or 3 a/c, or none at all.

Ever since SN is 100% LHG, transfer of aircraft are only known at very short notice. It is supposedly one of the benefits of being in a big aviation group.

At the beginning of next year it should look like this (when the current re-fleet is finished):
DUS: SFJ-K-L-P
BRU: SFB-C-D-H (ex-CX), SFE-F-G-X (ex-SQ), SFZ-T (to be replaced in '21-'22).
If it's correct,
The long-haul activities (operated by Brussels Airlines or Sun Express) from Düsseldorf will be end at the next winter season.
In theory, the long-haul flights from Düsseldorf would be operated by a "Network operator" : Lufthansa is the most probably candidate (directs flights or with a short connection in Frankfurt or Munich). I can't imagine Brussels Airlines operate a DUS-EWR or MIA with an A330 in Brussels livery.

So the question is :
Airbus A330 from LH (OO-SFJ/K/L) should to be stay in the Brussels Airlines fleet or should be return to Lufthansa ? Lufthansa Don't communicate about the long-haul activites for the winter season from DUS. DUS-US routes would be cancelled and replace by a connection in FRA ?

If Airbus A330 (OO-SFJ/K/L) would be transferred in Brussels, it's good opportunities to replace the last A330-200 (OO-SFU/T/Z) by an A330-300 motorized by Trent 700. More economic, more easy to maintenance (pieces stock, etc.).
1 engine type for A320 series : CFM
1 engine type for A330 series : Rolls-Royce

it's an idea.

A321Lufthansa

Post by A321Lufthansa »

Will OO-SFP be ex D-AIKG or AIKH? As I know, LH wanted to transfer both
UPD: sorry, didn’t read the post properly.