Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

RoMax

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by RoMax »

All that drama again for nothing :p

Old situation: 6 A333's, 4 A332's, at least that's clear for all.

Now then. Since summer 2018 the fleet roll-over kicked off with lots of things ongoing (early deliveries requiring temporary storage of several a/c, usage of SFC as 'hot spare' by SN until SFN would effectively stop operating, SFB in temporary wet-lease to EW to ensure they wouldn't lose the opportunity of filling AB's gap in DUS, lengthy maintenance in particular for the first cabin refit due to everything being new and requiring certification, etc). But in the end it's very simple:
- A333's: 6 -5 +7 = 8 (yes SFB will return to SN and SFC is the replacement of SFN, for the rest nothing really interesting happened yet, neither was it supposed to)
- A332's: 4 - 2 = 2 (their lease contracts stretch beyond 2020, they'll be replaced when their time is due)
So in total nothing changes with this fleet replacement project, it's 10 now and it will remain 10.

Besides that 4 ex-LH A333's are taken up in the fleet for EW wet-lease (which is not pure expansion either btw).

convair

Post by convair »

RoMax wrote: 06 Nov 2018, 18:20 All that drama again for nothing :p

Old situation: 6 A333's, 4 A332's, at least that's clear for all.

Now then. Since summer 2018 the fleet roll-over kicked off with lots of things ongoing (early deliveries requiring temporary storage of several a/c, usage of SFC as 'hot spare' by SN until SFN would effectively stop operating, SFB in temporary wet-lease to EW to ensure they wouldn't lose the opportunity of filling AB's gap in DUS, lengthy maintenance in particular for the first cabin refit due to everything being new and requiring certification, etc). But in the end it's very simple:
- A333's: 6 -5 +7 = 8 (yes SFB will return to SN and SFC is the replacement of SFN, for the rest nothing really interesting happened yet, neither was it supposed to)
- A332's: 4 - 2 = 2 (their lease contracts stretch beyond 2020, they'll be replaced when their time is due)
So in total nothing changes with this fleet replacement project, it's 10 now and it will remain 10.

Besides that 4 ex-LH A333's are taken up in the fleet for EW wet-lease (which is not pure expansion either btw).
You're right, RoMax. (as usual ;) )

OK, I note that SFN is being replaced by SFC (already flying since the summer).
But, noting that SFY is "parked" at LIS (reason?) and that today both SFT and SFZ are AOG at BRU, I turn to the SN list given for the LH group that says SFE and SFG were to join the fleet by October; hence I'm wondering what's happening. If they are being fitted with that new interior in order to join the fleet later this year or next year, then the list is misleading, imho.

C96C

Post by C96C »

convair wrote: 06 Nov 2018, 19:33 I turn to the SN list given for the LH group that says SFE and SFG were to join the fleet by October
Do you mean this list: https://sites.google.com/site/lhgroupfleet/brussels ?
This list is not official and is made by a fan I guess, everyone can suggest a correction.

The remark 'to enter fleet 10/18' is just not up to date I think...

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

convair wrote: 06 Nov 2018, 19:33 OK, I note that SFN is being replaced by SFC (already flying since the summer).
But, noting that SFY is "parked" at LIS (reason?) and that today both SFT and SFZ are AOG at BRU, I turn to the SN list given for the LH group that says SFE and SFG were to join the fleet by October; hence I'm wondering what's happening. If they are being fitted with that new interior in order to join the fleet later this year or next year, then the list is misleading, imho.
SFY is in C check
SFZ is AOG...well yeah those things happen
SFT is just 1 day in maintenance
Just bad luck to have this combination, but it was well backed up by the use of one of the A340's to operate the JFK rotation today

About the list with the EIS dates, as said above, that's not an official doc from SN or LHG, it's just based on 'public versions' of the available info. As you can imagine doing the phase-in/phase-out of so many aircraft in combination with full cabin refits (the full cabin is new, needs to certified, etc, once the first 1-2 are done, that process will become quicker) takes time and timings can change to some extent.

convair

Post by convair »

RoMax wrote: 06 Nov 2018, 22:21
convair wrote: 06 Nov 2018, 19:33 OK, I note that SFN is being replaced by SFC (already flying since the summer).
SFY is in C check
SFZ is AOG...well yeah those things happen
SFT is just 1 day in maintenance
Just bad luck to have this combination, but it was well backed up by the use of one of the A340's to operate the JFK rotation today

About the list with the EIS dates, as said above, that's not an official doc from SN or LHG, it's just based on 'public versions' of the available info. As you can imagine doing the phase-in/phase-out of so many aircraft in combination with full cabin refits (the full cabin is new, needs to certified, etc, once the first 1-2 are done, that process will become quicker) takes time and timings can change to some extent.
Thanks for the info. My mistake was that I thought that LH Group list was official. I now understand that it will take "some time" before the other "new" A333s enter into service. Thanks again. :)

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

So today was the 7th of November and it seems nobody brought this date up.

O tempora o mores in a way but on the other hand it is probably good altogether to have turned the page.
High time if one wants to live the current chapter .... while it is still open.

H.A.

Treeper

Post by Treeper »

Homo Aeroportus wrote: 07 Nov 2018, 19:16 So today was the 7th of November and it seems nobody brought this date up.

O tempora o mores in a way but on the other hand it is probably good altogether to have turned the page.
High time if one wants to live the current chapter .... while it is still open.

H.A.
Well Sabena has got nothing to do with the fleet renewal of Brussels Airlines... seems perfectly normal to me

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

OO-SCX will fly today again for SN to JFK.
Best regards,

Airbuske

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

OOSFG will be delivered this evening

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

Kapitein wrote: 08 Nov 2018, 10:13 OOSFG will be delivered this evening
will be parked next to SFE awaiting entry in the fleet
Citybird
The flying dream

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Are those planes already with the new interior?
Hasta la victoria siempre.

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

lumumba wrote: 08 Nov 2018, 13:29 Are those planes already with the new interior?
Not yet, I know that some are ferried empty to Brussels.
Best regards,

Airbuske

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

OO-SFG is scheduled to arrive from Singapore around 1900 local as BEL9904, will go straight to the hangar so 25L is very likely.
Thomas

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

airbuske wrote: 08 Nov 2018, 13:44
lumumba wrote: 08 Nov 2018, 13:29 Are those planes already with the new interior?
some of them will have the interior of the previous airline in it ... all depends where it's coming from, SN isn't going to put a current own cabin as they are about to replaced soon with the new cabin which will be announced soon
Citybird
The flying dream

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

CTBke wrote: 08 Nov 2018, 15:23
airbuske wrote: 08 Nov 2018, 13:44
some of them will have the interior of the previous airline in it ... all depends where it's coming from, SN isn't going to put a current own cabin as they are about to replaced soon with the new cabin which will be announced soon
Thanks

lucas

Post by lucas »

KriVa wrote: 08 Nov 2018, 14:06 OO-SFG is scheduled to arrive from Singapore around 1900 local as BEL9904, will go straight to the hangar so 25L is very likely.
I guess it will be a few hours later. OO-SFG is only above Pakistan for the moment (16:14).

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Will there be wifi with the new interior?

Baltic_sound

Post by Baltic_sound »

Got some rumor from SN employee that airline will lease some A220 feom airBaltic later. No news when and how much...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Baltic_sound wrote: 09 Nov 2018, 22:42 Got some rumor from SN employee that airline will lease some A220 feom airBaltic later. No news when and how much...
Unlikely IMHO. The A220-300 is too large for their needs.
André
ex Sabena #26567

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

OO-SFN will be ferried tomorrow to BGR.
Best regards,

Airbuske