Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
User avatar
CTBke
Posts: 1072
Joined: 13 May 2003, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by CTBke » 27 Oct 2018, 15:13

TLspotting wrote:
27 Oct 2018, 12:46
KriVa wrote:
27 Oct 2018, 12:27
SFO seems to be at the holding point for a positioning flight to DUS, any idea as to the reason why?
C-Check?
Going to fly for EWG as EW1102 and EW1103 DUS-JFK-DUS.
and meanwhile OO-SFN isn't leaving the fleet yet but operating BRU-JFK-BRU today (27/10)
Citybird
The flying dream

TLspotting
Posts: 1279
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by TLspotting » 27 Oct 2018, 17:54

CTBke wrote:
27 Oct 2018, 15:13
TLspotting wrote:
27 Oct 2018, 12:46
KriVa wrote:
27 Oct 2018, 12:27
SFO seems to be at the holding point for a positioning flight to DUS, any idea as to the reason why?
C-Check?
Going to fly for EWG as EW1102 and EW1103 DUS-JFK-DUS.
and meanwhile OO-SFN isn't leaving the fleet yet but operating BRU-JFK-BRU today (27/10)
I've some friends into...
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

User avatar
CTBke
Posts: 1072
Joined: 13 May 2003, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by CTBke » 28 Oct 2018, 17:36

today EC-LPG from Air Nostrum operated the first flights for Brussels Airlines, NTE and TRN on the CR1000
Citybird
The flying dream

spagiola
Posts: 27
Joined: 25 Sep 2008, 14:12

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by spagiola » 30 Oct 2018, 00:45

CTBke wrote:
28 Oct 2018, 17:36
today EC-LPG from Air Nostrum operated the first flights for Brussels Airlines, NTE and TRN on the CR1000
Replacing SSJs?

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 11288
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by luchtzak » 30 Oct 2018, 04:54

spagiola wrote:
30 Oct 2018, 00:45
CTBke wrote:
28 Oct 2018, 17:36
today EC-LPG from Air Nostrum operated the first flights for Brussels Airlines, NTE and TRN on the CR1000
Replacing SSJs?
Yes

TLspotting
Posts: 1279
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by TLspotting » 30 Oct 2018, 09:36

EIFWF if I'm right
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

C96C
Posts: 77
Joined: 03 Apr 2017, 11:51

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by C96C » 30 Oct 2018, 12:32

OO-SFJ (Airbus A330-343, MSN 701, ex LH D-AIKJ) is on the Belgian register since today (30/10/2018).This is the first A330 transferred from Lufthansa for EW-ops.

http://www.mobilit.fgov.be:7081/bcaa/ai ... search.jsf

pitrixplanespotting
Posts: 479
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 18:11

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by pitrixplanespotting » 04 Nov 2018, 12:12

OO-SFE is prepared for action!
DSC00333.JPG
And a busy parking apron including ... 5 Sukhoi's
DSC00328.JPG

Duke
Posts: 246
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Duke » 05 Nov 2018, 12:00

pitrixplanespotting wrote:
04 Nov 2018, 12:12
OO-SFE is prepared for action!
DSC00333.JPG
To me, this looks more like OO-SFE is prepared for a (temporary?) storage...
Or am I wrong?

Best regards,

Duje

Homo Aeroportus
Posts: 1044
Joined: 24 Feb 2007, 18:28
Location: 2300NM due South of North Pole

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Homo Aeroportus » 05 Nov 2018, 12:16

Duke wrote:
05 Nov 2018, 12:00
pitrixplanespotting wrote:
04 Nov 2018, 12:12
OO-SFE is prepared for action!
DSC00333.JPG
To me, this looks more like OO-SFE is prepared for a (temporary?) storage...
Or am I wrong?

Best regards,

Duje

You mean because of the cabin windows being tapped? As well as the flight deck window N°3.

OO-SFE.JPG
OO-SFE.JPG (90.75 KiB) Viewed 1786 times

BTW, isn't it the first time at SN that the A/C reg on the nose is abbreviated to two (2) letters instead of the usual single?


H.A.

Duke
Posts: 246
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Duke » 05 Nov 2018, 12:23

Homo Aeroportus wrote:
05 Nov 2018, 12:16

You mean because of the cabin windows being tapped? As well as the flight deck window N°3.


H.A.
Yes, that's the reason why I suppose this.
Regards,

Duke

User avatar
CTBke
Posts: 1072
Joined: 13 May 2003, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by CTBke » 05 Nov 2018, 13:14

Homo Aeroportus wrote:
05 Nov 2018, 12:16
Duke wrote:
05 Nov 2018, 12:00
pitrixplanespotting wrote:
04 Nov 2018, 12:12
OO-SFE is prepared for action!
DSC00333.JPG
To me, this looks more like OO-SFE is prepared for a (temporary?) storage...
Or am I wrong?

Best regards,

Duje

You mean because of the cabin windows being tapped? As well as the flight deck window N°3.

OO-SFE.JPG

BTW, isn't it the first time at SN that the A/C reg on the nose is abbreviated to two (2) letters instead of the usual single?


H.A.
regarding the reg on the nose, they did the same on the A320's with 2 letters and some A319's even have 3 on the nose gear door (SSW had it for sure)

SFE is indeed the next one to be activated but only when SFM / O are being withdrawn from the fleet
Citybird
The flying dream

C96C
Posts: 77
Joined: 03 Apr 2017, 11:51

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by C96C » 05 Nov 2018, 14:21

OO-SFG (Airbus A330-343, MSN 983, ex SQ 9V-STB) is on the Belgian register since today (5/11/2018).
http://www.mobilit.fgov.be:7081/bcaa/ai ... search.jsf

She is already in SN-colours:
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9095325

convair
Posts: 1751
Joined: 18 Nov 2011, 00:02

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by convair » 05 Nov 2018, 15:24

Since Eurowings' OO-SCW is officially an SN aircraft, it flew from DUS to Malta this morning as SN9903 (C-check?).
I assume EW is paying the trip though. :)

Poiu
Posts: 607
Joined: 14 Nov 2015, 09:38

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Poiu » 05 Nov 2018, 15:30

convair wrote:
05 Nov 2018, 15:24
Since Eurowings' OO-SCW is officially an SN aircraft, it flew from DUS to Malta this morning as SN9903 (C-check?).
I assume EW is paying the trip though. :)
Why would EW pay?
The M stands for maintenance in ACMI.
Last edited by Poiu on 05 Nov 2018, 15:49, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CTBke
Posts: 1072
Joined: 13 May 2003, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by CTBke » 05 Nov 2018, 15:48

Poiu wrote:
05 Nov 2018, 15:30
convair wrote:
05 Nov 2018, 15:24
Since Eurowings' OO-SCW is officially an SN aircraft, it flew from DUS to Malta this morning as SN9903 (C-check?).
I assume EW is paying the trip though. :)
Why would EW pay?
Maintenance is included in the ACMI agreement.
doesn't matter who pays, it's the same group ;-)
Citybird
The flying dream

Homo Aeroportus
Posts: 1044
Joined: 24 Feb 2007, 18:28
Location: 2300NM due South of North Pole

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Homo Aeroportus » 05 Nov 2018, 18:48

Heard a couple of weeks ago that the new A330 cabin will be presented on 30NOV.

Anybody confirms?
Factual news have more weight than words to me.

H.A.

User avatar
CTBke
Posts: 1072
Joined: 13 May 2003, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by CTBke » 05 Nov 2018, 19:32

Homo Aeroportus wrote:
05 Nov 2018, 18:48
Heard a couple of weeks ago that the new A330 cabin will be presented on 30NOV.

Anybody confirms?
Factual news have more weight than words to me.

H.A.
there will be a official presentation of the new long haul cabin, the exact date I don't know but it'll be at the end of this month
Citybird
The flying dream

airbuske
Posts: 1615
Joined: 09 Mar 2003, 00:00
Location: Brussels
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by airbuske » 05 Nov 2018, 20:53

OO-SCX will operate on the 6th november SN501/SN502.
Best regards,

Airbuske

User avatar
lumumba
Posts: 1594
Joined: 04 Sep 2003, 00:00
Location: brussels Europe

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by lumumba » 06 Nov 2018, 00:01

CTBke wrote:
05 Nov 2018, 19:32
Homo Aeroportus wrote:
05 Nov 2018, 18:48
Heard a couple of weeks ago that the new A330 cabin will be presented on 30NOV.

Anybody confirms?
Factual news have more weight than words to me.

H.A.
there will be a official presentation of the new long haul cabin, the exact date I don't know but it'll be at the end of this month
And from when will it be operational?
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Post Reply