Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

RTM

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by RTM »

lumumba wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 17:26 I can not compare with the new one but in Y the interior of Singapore Airline (SFX) was cleaner than the Y in SN plane's....
I think that they changed the seats but not all the interior for example I was seated on 37A ( it was a 200)in my last flight and the carpet was loose on my feet it was dirty!

Normally they have to change every 5 years I tough like that?
I'm not sure the interior of SFX is older that 6 years!

Also the there is no humidity in the windows of SFX in the older SN plane's yes you can not look true the windows anymore....
When SFX entered service, it was more or less ok with the old interior. And yes, it was old. But after a few months, it was a nightmare, no spare parts, no spare cushions and/or covers. At the end, before it got its SN interior, it was hiddious.

As for carpets, they are replaced regularly. But the abuse is immense. Impossible to keep clean.

There is no requirement other than operators choice to replace an interior. If maintained well, it can last forever. It just won't be competitive anymore. That's the clue.

As for condensation, could be. Lots of factors play a roll in that though… But I won't argue that with age the airco distribution system looses some of its efficiency in this particular aspect.

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

Fact is a 9 years old airplane will always (most likely) look better than a 25 years old one.

There is retrofit and retrofit. When SN says it retrofits a plane it's minimalist to say the least. The last years (2005-2006 / 2012-2013) it was only removing old seats for new ones, almost the same lavatories, the same side paneling, the same old luggage bins, same lighting system, same galleys, no attention for the windows states except when damages were detected... yes indeed sometimes floor carpets were replaced.

Hence the fresh feel you could have when SFX was introduced. Everyone knows how SQ use to maintain its airplanes.

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

I have personally seen, and even done part of, a retrofit of an Airbus at Brussels Airlines. I can tell you that a lot more work goes into it than simply the same old stuff vacuum cleaned.
Thomas

RTM

Post by RTM »

Darjeeling wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 09:51 Fact is a 9 years old airplane will always (most likely) look better than a 25 years old one.

There is retrofit and retrofit. When SN says it retrofits a plane it's minimalist to say the least. The last years (2005-2006 / 2012-2013) it was only removing old seats for new ones, almost the same lavatories, the same side paneling, the same old luggage bins, same lighting system, same galleys, no attention for the windows states except when damages were detected... yes indeed sometimes floor carpets were replaced.

Hence the fresh feel you could have when SFX was introduced. Everyone knows how SQ use to maintain its airplanes.
I don't think you have a clue of the amount of work carried out, aside from the cost.
To point one thing out, carpets are replaced several times per year… The aisle carpets even several times more than that…. But the cabin interior is by far the most abused system on an aircraft. It does suffer a lot. Did you actually see that "pristine" SQ interior on SFX right before it went for its long awaited retrofit? Shocking! And that was just wear and tear of one season...

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

:arrow: I don't want to minimize the work carried out when a retrofit is completed at SN (SN mechanics are amongst the best when it comes to line maintenance), but it's a fact that their retrofits are not always up the details. Look at how Delta retrofits its 767 for example. Some even feature the Boeing Signature interior. Which means a REAL new cabin. Moreover retrofits were often carried out in Malta by Lufthansa Technik IIRC.

As for SFX, it was SN managers choice to have it flown without having spare parts / upholstery / IFE parts to maintain the interior properly. SFX arrived in a very good state for an 8 years old cabin, and once again it was SN's choice to fly it like that knowing that SQ was willing to sell spare parts for the cabin, IFE... (of course we leave here the "dat moet niks kosten" policy...). Many airlines phase in "new" second hand airplanes straight with a new cabin to avoid any inconsistency in the product... timing permitting of course. ;)

RTM

Post by RTM »

Lets leave it at that.

I read your reply, and can only conclude that your reasoing is based on assumptions. That is fine. But not all of them are accurate.

Also, if you want to compare delta to SN, feel free to do so. But stay reaistic, they are apples an pears. The fastest ways to go out of business, especially in aviation, is spendng foolishly, and/or not seizing opportunities when they arrise. Always keep the big picture in mind.

You are welcome to have the last word, but I am not one of those that is going to drag a discussion for pages.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

On thing is sure all the platic furniture is still from SQ even the toilets it's so funny and kitsch....
Hasta la victoria siempre.

lucas

Post by lucas »

OO-SFD is now arriving in Brussels, coming in from Frankfurt

sukhoi

Post by sukhoi »

Brussels airlines will lease an ATR72 from CSA Czech airlines probably the end of the sukhoi's

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

sukhoi wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 12:02 Brussels airlines will lease an ATR72 from CSA Czech airlines probably the end of the sukhoi's
till the end or just during summer ?
Citybird
The flying dream

sukhoi

Post by sukhoi »

CTBke wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 12:06
sukhoi wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 12:02 Brussels airlines will lease an ATR72 from CSA Czech airlines probably the end of the sukhoi's
till the end or just during summer ?

the lease will begin at 3Q2018 and no end date

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

with only Czech crew then ?
Citybird
The flying dream

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

sukhoi wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 12:21 the lease will begin at 3Q2018 and no end date
That is wrong. There is and end date. From 1 July until 26 August, weekends only.

check https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/lufth ... ak-demand/

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Brussels Airlines hopes to phase out the four SSJ100s wet-leased from CityJet (Ireland) ahead of the March 2019 expiration date, as the Belgian carrier is not satisfied with the availability of the aircraft overall. Capacity will be made up with other CityJet aircraft, with another partner, or with their own aircraft.
André
ex Sabena #26567

viennafly

Post by viennafly »

Does anybody have information about the A333 from SIA that has been just listed on skyliners?

Airbus A330 -343 978 9V-STA Singapore Airlines ferried 13jul18 SIN-QPG prior delivery to Brussels Airlines

Will in enter the Brussels fleet? Its not listed on the following website...

https://sites.google.com/site/lhgroupfleet/brussels

Cheers

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

viennafly wrote: 20 Jul 2018, 23:46 Does anybody have information about the A333 from SIA that has been just listed on skyliners?

Airbus A330 -343 978 9V-STA Singapore Airlines ferried 13jul18 SIN-QPG prior delivery to Brussels Airlines

Will in enter the Brussels fleet? Its not listed on the following website...

https://sites.google.com/site/lhgroupfleet/brussels

Cheers
On airfleets.net no mention: https://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/Bru ... e-a330.htm

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Do somebody now's when they are going to install WIFI on the long haul fleet?
Hasta la victoria siempre.

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Could this be an error ? As 983 will join the SN fleeet.
On airlinefleet they are mentioning that 978 will join the fleet as OO-SFE.
But 1010 is OO-SFE.
Best regards,

Airbuske

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

airbuske wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 11:40 Could this be an error ? As 983 will join the SN fleeet.
On airlinefleet they are mentioning that 978 will join the fleet as OO-SFE.
But 1010 is OO-SFE.
could be OO-SFF
Citybird
The flying dream

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

OO-SFD now at Aeroporto di Roma Fiumicino
Fox Delta is Brussels Airlines’ new Airbus A330-300 ex-Cathay Pacific Airlines

Picture copyright: Rome Aviation Spotters
D33EA04E-8CA8-40BE-A78A-BD6A6AC32238.jpeg
22487868-6083-40D2-B8A1-21DA67879113.jpeg