Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 11484
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by luchtzak »

Member Apuneger found this link on the Brussels Airlines website: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/lufthan ... -creating/

In fact they ARE looking for a 5th Belgian Icon livery! Or a 6th as Malinwa was the 5th Belgian Icon livery ;-) https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/lufthan ... n-malinwa/


User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 11484
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by luchtzak »

pitrixplanespotting wrote: 05 Aug 2017, 21:11 Ex SN OO-DWA will be used as a tanker!
Source: https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/ ... te/xypys1K
Website 'airline': http://aerofliteinc.com/
Thanks for the tip!

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/aero-fl ... er-oo-dwa/

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 11484
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by luchtzak »

luchtzak wrote: 06 Aug 2017, 11:46
pitrixplanespotting wrote: 05 Aug 2017, 21:11 Ex SN OO-DWA will be used as a tanker!
Source: https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/ ... te/xypys1K
Website 'airline': http://aerofliteinc.com/
Thanks for the tip!

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/aero-fl ... er-oo-dwa/
VRT nieuws: http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/buitenland/1.3040548


Matthias
Posts: 34
Joined: 08 Jun 2016, 16:23

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Matthias »

Does anybody knows what happened to G-ECOK? Looks like he hasn't been flying around for some time. It flew to EXT on 01/08. Is it for paint in normal cs? Also, G-RJXI hasn't been flying around for some time as well. Also for paint? And it also seems that a lot of ERJ-flights just don't fly.

mad_fab
Posts: 163
Joined: 17 Nov 2005, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by mad_fab »

Someone on reddit is apparently working on scrapping old SN birds..

http://imgur.com/oCVRUCR

Those are OO-DWB and DWL.

K has been scrapped.

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 37281
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by sn26567 »

SWISS is studying the new A321LR, as the aircraft can reach new markets for the carrier, including the US East coast.

This should be a Lufthansa Group project, not limited to SWISS. I'm sure SN could also make good use of such aircraft.
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 37281
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by sn26567 »

sn26567 wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 16:10 SWISS is studying the new A321LR, as the aircraft can reach new markets for the carrier, including the US East coast.
And now I read that the CEO of SWISS would use them on African route! In competition with SN????

http://atwonline.com/airframes/ceo-swis ... ica-routes
André
ex Sabena #26567

OO-ITR
Posts: 688
Joined: 13 Aug 2011, 18:29

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by OO-ITR »

sn26567 wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 19:21
sn26567 wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 16:10 SWISS is studying the new A321LR, as the aircraft can reach new markets for the carrier, including the US East coast.
And now I read that the CEO of SWISS would use them on African route! In competition with SN????

http://atwonline.com/airframes/ceo-swis ... ica-routes
not sure about that. nowhere in the article it is mentioned that the aircraft will be used to open destinations where SN is already flying.
Remember that North Africa is also Africa... 8-)

crew1990
Posts: 1127
Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 21:46

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by crew1990 »

OO-ITR wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 21:09
sn26567 wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 19:21
sn26567 wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 16:10 SWISS is studying the new A321LR, as the aircraft can reach new markets for the carrier, including the US East coast.
And now I read that the CEO of SWISS would use them on African route! In competition with SN????

http://atwonline.com/airframes/ceo-swis ... ica-routes
not sure about that. nowhere in the article it is mentioned that the aircraft will be used to open destinations where SN is already flying.
Remember that North Africa is also Africa... 8-)
Yes but there is no need of a A321LR to fly Zurich-north america, a normal A321 can make it, and normal A321, Swiss already have some.

crew1990
Posts: 1127
Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 21:46

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by crew1990 »

I m still convince that this is not the right aircraft to fly for Africa, because with the actual network even the A330 are almost full everyday, if not in cabin, it s full in the belly. The A321LR doesn't have such cargo capacity. The only point I would see the A321LR would be on long haul leisure destination as there would be almost no cargo and there Is no proper business class needed.

However I still think that a couple of standard A321 would be nice for the European sector and Tel Aviv

Poiu
Posts: 847
Joined: 14 Nov 2015, 09:38

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Poiu »

Ansett wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 22:34 Wasn't this suggested by luchtzak members already quite some time ago ? A320 family aircraft from BRU to Africa and as well as a NYC late evening flight ? I seem to remember the idea was considered "unworkable", also by SN management, but when Swiss CEO considers it, it gets serious attention.
Indeed, Flanker where are you? CEO at Swiss?
Last edited by Poiu on 24 Aug 2017, 09:55, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Airbus330lover
Posts: 822
Joined: 21 Jul 2005, 00:00
Location: Rixensart

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Airbus330lover »

:lol:

User avatar
lumumba
Posts: 1798
Joined: 04 Sep 2003, 00:00
Location: brussels Europe

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by lumumba »

Ansett wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 22:34 Wasn't this suggested by luchtzak members already quite some time ago ? A320 family aircraft from BRU to Africa and as well as a NYC late evening flight ? I seem to remember the idea was considered "unworkable", also by SN management, but when Swiss CEO considers it, it gets serious attention.
I did on some African destinations it can work for example Luanda there is not much belly cargo and a A330 is to big and so you can start an non stop flight..
Also Dakar with a second flight could work.
Dakar is a short flight so maybe with two flights with a A321LR you can also take enough belly cargo but about this I'm not sure.
Last edited by lumumba on 24 Aug 2017, 17:11, edited 1 time in total.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

User avatar
Treeper
Posts: 268
Joined: 13 Feb 2011, 21:56
Location: 13,8nm from BRU
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Treeper »

lumumba wrote: 24 Aug 2017, 10:27
Also Dakar with a second flight could work.
Dakar is a short flight so maybe with two flights of a A321LR you can also take enough belly cargo but about this I'm not sure.
If I remember correctly there can be only 1 flight between Senegal and Belgium, due to bilateral agreement.
Correct me if I'm wrong

User avatar
lumumba
Posts: 1798
Joined: 04 Sep 2003, 00:00
Location: brussels Europe

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by lumumba »

Treeper wrote: 24 Aug 2017, 11:13
lumumba wrote: 24 Aug 2017, 10:27
Also Dakar with a second flight could work.
Dakar is a short flight so maybe with two flights of a A321LR you can also take enough belly cargo but about this I'm not sure.
If I remember correctly there can be only 1 flight between Senegal and Belgium, due to bilateral agreement.
Correct me if I'm wrong
I don't now but for sure Senegal is very liberal in that matter from France you have a lot of different companies flying there even charter.
Anyway it's negotiable....
Hasta la victoria siempre.

DeltaWiskey
Posts: 592
Joined: 13 Oct 2010, 18:33

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by DeltaWiskey »

Various departments within Brussels Airlines are also studying the A321LR.

The A321LR is a much different aircraft from the A319LR (ceo), which a member of this forum advocated for sub-sahara operations in the past.

JOVAN
Posts: 484
Joined: 08 Jun 2006, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by JOVAN »

Poiu wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 23:07
Ansett wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 22:34 Wasn't this suggested by luchtzak members already quite some time ago ? A320 family aircraft from BRU to Africa and as well as a NYC late evening flight ? I seem to remember the idea was considered "unworkable", also by SN management, but when Swiss CEO considers it, it gets serious attention.
Indeed, Flanker where are you? CEO at Swiss?
Flanker Always had good strategic ideas.
I think he quit the Forum ??
Pity so many members here tought they new better.
Discussions now are less interesting.

Sabena320
Posts: 547
Joined: 13 Jun 2004, 00:00
Location: Europe
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Sabena320 »

I think the chances of SN deploying A321's to Africa, except for maybe a single route, are slim. These aircraft simply don't have enough payload capacity for luggage and cargo load together. If they add A321's to their fleet it would probably be for high loadfactor routes as to the Canary Islands, BCN and other tourist destinations.

Post Reply