Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 11319
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by luchtzak » 06 May 2017, 17:51

aérienne wrote:
06 May 2017, 17:06
Sukhoi RRJ95 B 95117 EI-FWE CityJet delivery 05 May17 VCE-BRU, Brussels Airlines cs ex I-PDVX
Thanks for the update.

aérienne
Posts: 2
Joined: 06 May 2017, 17:02

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by aérienne » 06 May 2017, 18:25

you're welcome:-) Regards

lenain258
Posts: 48
Joined: 16 Mar 2016, 16:09

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by lenain258 » 07 May 2017, 16:33


User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 11319
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by luchtzak » 07 May 2017, 21:31

lenain258 wrote:
07 May 2017, 16:33
https://www.flickr.com/photos/shanair/34378672921/

First picture of OO-SNI ;-)
And some extra information: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/lufthan ... rbus-a320/

lenain258
Posts: 48
Joined: 16 Mar 2016, 16:09

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by lenain258 » 08 May 2017, 17:25

EI-FWE is on the way to Brussels
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-05-08-17-21-13.png

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35487
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by sn26567 » 08 May 2017, 17:38

Not really a fleet renewal, but a change of lessor: Arena Aviation Capital (Netherlands) arranged, structured and closed for its investor client base the acquisition of 11 aircraft with a total market value of US$275 million, during first four months of 2017. Among which two A330-200s on lease to Brussels Airlines (Belgium) were purchased from Castlelake (US). Aircraft will continue to be managed by Arena.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Bralo20
Posts: 1432
Joined: 12 Aug 2008, 13:48

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Bralo20 » 09 May 2017, 09:36

sn26567 wrote:
08 May 2017, 17:38
Not really a fleet renewal, but a change of lessor: Arena Aviation Capital (Netherlands) arranged, structured and closed for its investor client base the acquisition of 11 aircraft with a total market value of US$275 million, during first four months of 2017. Among which two A330-200s on lease to Brussels Airlines (Belgium) were purchased from Castlelake (US). Aircraft will continue to be managed by Arena.
An average price of 25 million USD per plane for 8 wide bodies and 3 narrow bodies... (6x A333, 2x A332, 3x B739)

Seems that second hand planes are quite cheap these days...

Shengenzone
Posts: 287
Joined: 22 Feb 2016, 16:59

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Shengenzone » 09 May 2017, 09:44

lenain258 wrote:
08 May 2017, 17:25
EI-FWE is on the way to Brussels
It flew BRU - TXl - BRU this morning.
So currently 4 SSJ's flying for SN.

User avatar
CTBke
Posts: 1077
Joined: 13 May 2003, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by CTBke » 09 May 2017, 16:30

Shengenzone wrote:
09 May 2017, 09:44
lenain258 wrote:
08 May 2017, 17:25
EI-FWE is on the way to Brussels
It flew BRU - TXl - BRU this morning.
So currently 4 SSJ's flying for SN.
EI-FWA will return back to WX Dublin
Citybird
The flying dream

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35487
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by sn26567 » 09 May 2017, 17:41

lenain258 wrote:
08 May 2017, 17:25
EI-FWE is on the way to Brussels
Serial number 95118
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
KriVa
Posts: 1342
Joined: 31 Mar 2010, 20:15
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by KriVa » 12 May 2017, 14:14

Just for info: OO-DWL performed a few engine runs on the engine test platform today, without SN titles or logos. Return to lessor very soon, I would imagine.
How many RJs are left now?
Thomas

DeltaWiskey
Posts: 551
Joined: 13 Oct 2010, 18:33

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by DeltaWiskey » 12 May 2017, 14:59

DWL is planned for ferry flight next Wednesday. That makes 4 remaining (DWB/C/D/E).

RTM
Posts: 356
Joined: 07 Apr 2013, 00:27

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by RTM » 18 May 2017, 16:15

DWL left yesterday. DWB will stop ops this weekend.

convair
Posts: 1752
Joined: 18 Nov 2011, 00:02

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by convair » 18 May 2017, 17:30

RTM wrote:
18 May 2017, 16:15
DWL left yesterday. DWB will stop ops this weekend.
Bromma fleet reduced to 3 aircraft then.

User avatar
CTBke
Posts: 1077
Joined: 13 May 2003, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by CTBke » 18 May 2017, 17:32

convair wrote:
18 May 2017, 17:30
RTM wrote:
18 May 2017, 16:15
DWL left yesterday. DWB will stop ops this weekend.
Bromma fleet reduced to 3 aircraft then.
Bromma will go on Sukhoi according to the Brussels Airlines booking engine
Citybird
The flying dream

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 11319
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by luchtzak » 18 May 2017, 18:40

CTBke wrote:
18 May 2017, 17:32
convair wrote:
18 May 2017, 17:30
RTM wrote:
18 May 2017, 16:15
DWL left yesterday. DWB will stop ops this weekend.
Bromma fleet reduced to 3 aircraft then.
Bromma will go on Sukhoi according to the Brussels Airlines booking engine
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/lufthan ... lm-bromma/

TLspotting
Posts: 1327
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by TLspotting » 21 May 2017, 09:30

RTM wrote:
18 May 2017, 16:15
DWL left yesterday. DWB will stop ops this weekend.
DWB did its last commercial Flight friday from Bromma to Brussels...
I'm Thibault Lapers, spotter in Belgium for now 3 years, but not yet across the world and a huuuuuge aviation geek ! Join me on Facebook & Twitter @TLspotting

User avatar
tolipanebas
Posts: 2455
Joined: 12 May 2004, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by tolipanebas » 22 May 2017, 12:45

SN officially announces the purchase of 7 A330-300 to replace older A332 and A333 nearing their end of lease with, thus upgrading the longhaul fleet and adding additional capacity to the markets served.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/lufthan ... aul-fleet/

ezis_bis
Posts: 208
Joined: 07 Aug 2014, 17:11
Location: Tallinn, EU

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by ezis_bis » 22 May 2017, 13:16

Purchase and no Leasing?
Nice.

Though, does this halt possible long-haul growth (apart from the higher seat count)?
Or this renewal does not necessarily exclude later growth (before 2019)?

Boeing767copilot
Posts: 1286
Joined: 13 May 2004, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Boeing767copilot » 22 May 2017, 13:38

tolipanebas wrote:
22 May 2017, 12:45
SN officially announces the purchase of 7 A330-300 to replace older A332 and A333 nearing their end of lease with, thus upgrading the longhaul fleet and adding additional capacity to the markets served.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/lufthan ... aul-fleet/
Where do they come from? CX, LH or SIA?

Post Reply