Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Yuqu12

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Yuqu12 »

That is quite a surprise. Normally new or special painted planes arrive very late in the evening, so the spotters cannot see the plane. Now I have a reason to go once more and spot the newbie (togheter with the OO-SNE).

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

Yuqu12 wrote:That is quite a surprise. Normally new or special painted planes arrive very late in the evening, so the spotters cannot see the plane. Now I have a reason to go once more and spot the newbie (togheter with the OO-SNE).
only the special paints arrived at night (SNA/B/C) the 'regulars' arrive during day or depending on the time they're released from the paint shop (first A330-200 also arrived during daytime few years ago)
Citybird
The flying dream

SNam

Post by SNam »

OO-SSL just landed after his 2nd attempt. 1st attempt on final no gear down and a turboprop like sound on one of the engines. I was thinking of a birdstrike?

2nd attempt same sound but normal for the rest.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

SNam wrote:OO-SSL just landed after his 2nd attempt. 1st attempt on final no gear down and a turboprop like sound on one of the engines. I was thinking of a birdstrike?
Maybe a seagull whilst flying over Ostend or Knokke?

(coming from Ostrava, Czech Republic indeed)

https://www.flightradar24.com/OOSSL

teach

Post by teach »

SNam wrote:OO-SSL just landed after his 2nd attempt. 1st attempt on final no gear down and a turboprop like sound on one of the engines. I was thinking of a birdstrike?

Sounds like the RAT was deployed. Was it this sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq2Shbn1r4c

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

teach wrote:

Sounds like the RAT was deployed. Was it this sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq2Shbn1r4c
The flight details seems to have gone on Flightradar. OO-SSL made one holding pattern above Amsterdam and two holding patterns above the Belgian coast. And one go-around at Brussels, as SNam posted.

teach

Post by teach »

Passenger wrote: The flight details seems to have gone on Flightradar. OO-SSL made one holding pattern above Amsterdam and two holding patterns above the Belgian coast. And one go-around at Brussels, as SNam posted.
That could be consistent with a technical problem, likely electrical, which would explain the deployed RAT. Doesn't seem to indicate something like a birdstrike at all; they normally don't happen at that altitude.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

teach wrote:
Passenger wrote: The flight details seems to have gone on Flightradar. OO-SSL made one holding pattern above Amsterdam and two holding patterns above the Belgian coast. And one go-around at Brussels, as SNam posted.
That could be consistent with a technical problem, likely electrical, which would explain the deployed RAT. Doesn't seem to indicate something like a birdstrike at all; they normally don't happen at that altitude.
Maybe I had to specify it a bit more: they were in a holding pattern near the Belgian coast above land, not above the North Sea.

Also, when flying from Ostrava to Brussels, going into a holding pattern above Amsterdam is well off route. Next, when flying from Amsterdam to Brussels via Ostend and Blankenberge is even more off route. So my guess: test flight, no technical.

RTM

Post by RTM »

Lets just say that the ferry flight was also a good oppertunity to perform the test/acceptance flight. And as a result, it indeed came in with RAT deployed. ;)

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Regarding flightradar, OO-DWF is now flying direct (??!!) to Abu Dhabi but it doesn't fly in that direction at all. (and couldn't anyway, it's an avro)

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

crew1990 wrote:Regarding flightradar, OO-DWF is now flying direct (??!!) to Abu Dhabi but it doesn't fly in that direction at all. (and couldn't anyway, it's an avro)
First of all, the OO-DWF is out of the fleet. Secondly I saw on a facebook group the avro without paint leaving and there was said he was going to England where he would be used for spare parts.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

First of all, thanks you very much but i know it's out of the fleet.

The plane was ferried TODAY and indeed it was headed to the UK. On flight radar it was stating that it was going to abu dhabi, as i wrote in my previous post it was a mistake from flight radar. The reason was that the flight number used was the same than the one use for the transfer of OO-SFV to abu dhabi. The system of flight radar mixed up the destination.

convair

Post by convair »

Passenger wrote:
teach wrote:
Maybe I had to specify it a bit more: they were in a holding pattern near the Belgian coast above land, not above the North Sea.

Also, when flying from Ostrava to Brussels, going into a holding pattern above Amsterdam is well off route. Next, when flying from Amsterdam to Brussels via Ostend and Blankenberge is even more off route. So my guess: test flight, no technical.
Looks like the test flight wasn't very conclusive: OO-SSL came back to gate after attempt to start flight to MAD.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

pitrixplanespotting wrote:OO-SSL on i'ts first take-off from BRU
Was that the flight that came back to the gate, or is it a later flight that arrived at destination?
André
ex Sabena #26567

RTM

Post by RTM »

The first flight was the 5th... If I read the posts correctly, it returned to gate the 6th...

Omychron

Post by Omychron »

crew1990 wrote:First of all, thanks you very much but i know it's out of the fleet.

The plane was ferried TODAY and indeed it was headed to the UK. On flight radar it was stating that it was going to abu dhabi, as i wrote in my previous post it was a mistake from flight radar. The reason was that the flight number used was the same than the one use for the transfer of OO-SFV to abu dhabi. The system of flight radar mixed up the destination.
OO-DWF was returned to the lessor, this was in Cranfield airport. (EGTC)
Cranfield doesn't have a 3-letter code, perhaps that's why the system got confused.

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Omychron wrote:
OO-DWF was returned to the lessor, this was in Cranfield airport. (EGTC)
Cranfield doesn't have a 3-letter code, perhaps that's why the system got confused.
Indeed, she left BHX soon after landing there then went for Cranfield University field. On the way OO-DWF overflew the old RAE ar Bedford, the birth place of the BAe / Avro.
Screenshot 2016-05-05 11.48.19.png
H.A.

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

also just noticed that DWL is doing a flight 9901...destination unknown...

https://www.flightradar24.com/reg/oo-dwl

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

Probably a flight to check out the plane before final acceptation by the lessor? Or maybe it is off to it's final resting grounds?