Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by sn26567 »

DeltaWiskey wrote:BAE146-200 96 seats in 6 abreast config.
OMG! The pax will feel the difference with the nice and comfortable SN Avros.
André
ex Sabena #26567

lenain258

Post by lenain258 »

Thanks sn26567 ! :D

lenain258

Post by lenain258 »

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

Does anyone know when the next three Avro's are leaving the fleet this year (and perhaps their registration numbers)? And is SN going to do something special for the last flight of the OO-DWF? I mean, they are quite a long time part of the fleet and deserve, despite the current circumstances, at least a goodbye! As long as I remember, they are part of the fleet (and my early thoughts are +- around 2000).

Duke

Post by Duke »

lenain258 wrote: First flight of OO-SFX
Is OO-SFX configured with the same seats in Business and Eco as the other A333's?
Before its first flight, there were rumours that SN would introduce an "Economy Plus" class. Is this correct or not?
Regards,

Duke

avroflyer_1

Post by avroflyer_1 »

Duke wrote:
lenain258 wrote: First flight of OO-SFX
Is OO-SFX configured with the same seats in Business and Eco as the other A333's?
Before its first flight, there were rumours that SN would introduce an "Economy Plus" class. Is this correct or not?
Regards,

Duke
OO-SFX currently flies in the configuration of it's previous owner SQ, it will be retrofitted with the SN cabin after the summer.

About eco+ just stay tuned , more info in due time .

RTM

Post by RTM »

Though SFX still carries the SQ cabin, the seatpitch in economy was adapted to accommodate the economy plus class.

As for DWF,... I doubt every single AVRO will get a formal goodbye. Maybe when the last one goes, that will be the case, but not the first 11 I guess.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

What does flying around in SQ config mean for the IFE, can they just replace it with SN's or do they just shut it down for now?

avroflyer_1

Post by avroflyer_1 »

Conti764 wrote:What does flying around in SQ config mean for the IFE, can they just replace it with SN's or do they just shut it down for now?
The IFE is a totally different system as SN's so having to really make that into SN IFE would be a huge pain for these few months that it is on there.

That's why for the time being the IFE system is operating however without any branding and without the full IFE features that you can find on the other 330`s (i.e. no airshow,...).

RTM

Post by RTM »

Meanwhile...

OO-DWF made its last trip in SN service last saturday. A return to Marsille.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

The new safety demonstration video of Brussels Airlines:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwLJq3b ... e=youtu.be

Enjoy.

b-west

Post by b-west »

Hmph. I'll miss the calm soothing voice. Though the graphics are definitely an improvement.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Is that the voice of Ray Cokes by any chance????

Pocahontas

Post by Pocahontas »

Yup

BRUpilot

Post by BRUpilot »

tolipanebas wrote:The new safety demonstration video of Brussels Airlines:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwLJq3b ... e=youtu.be

Enjoy.
Speaking of an improvement. Really, this was one the things that needed replacement. And the voice Of mister Cokes is quite a pleasure to listen to, if you ask me...

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

Hello all,

Recently I contacted SN to ask for more details about the Avro's leaving the fleet. As already mentioned, DWF is out of the fleet already. In july DWG will follow, in august DWH will follow and in september DWI will follow. All the other Avro's will during 2017.

Further, I asked whether something "special" (e.g. water salute) will be given for the last Avro leaving the fleet (cause it is probably a little bit too much to do so for 12 planes). As reaction to that they stated that this isn't know yet, but that they are looking at it.

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

can't remember anymore if something special was done for the last 737 leaving the company few years ago .. mostly the water salute is for new destinations or pilots who have their last flights before retirement
Citybird
The flying dream

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

We'll see then ofcourse and they still have the time. But don't forget that these Avro's are part of the fleet when Sabena existed, so that is a little bit longer than the 737's.

Konus

Post by Konus »

Yuqu12 wrote:Hello all,

Recently I contacted SN to ask for more details about the Avro's leaving the fleet. As already mentioned, DWF is out of the fleet already. In july DWG will follow, in august DWH will follow and in september DWI will follow. All the other Avro's will during 2017.

Further, I asked whether something "special" (e.g. water salute) will be given for the last Avro leaving the fleet (cause it is probably a little bit too much to do so for 12 planes). As reaction to that they stated that this isn't know yet, but that they are looking at it.
Strange that the most recent aircraft are leaving first. Is it because one or another contract is reaching its end ?