Korongo Airlines: THE END

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

tolipanebas

Re: Korongo Airlines

Post by tolipanebas »

I like that idea actually! What were you thinking of?

dsa330

Post by dsa330 »

LTM is the first one to be painted and will still fly for brussels airlines for a little while.

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

Is the IATA and ICAO code allready assigned?

Shanti

Post by Shanti »

so maybe Brussels airlines can arrange some flights for aviation fans (during a weekend day or so),
lets hope SN reads also luchtzak.be :D

cnc

Post by cnc »

Shanti wrote:so maybe Brussels airlines can arrange some flights for aviation fans (during a weekend day or so),
they do and SN isn't the only one. although i doubt they are checking it for new idea's

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

cnc wrote:
Shanti wrote:so maybe Brussels airlines can arrange some flights for aviation fans (during a weekend day or so),
they do and SN isn't the only one. although i doubt they are checking it for new idea's
Well, if we'll be seeing 10 A319's flying into Africa in a few months, we know they do ;) :oops:

Shanti

Post by Shanti »

So the LTM is the first one to be painted, really curious for the first photos and first flight from Brussels.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Just found this picture on facebook. Comment on the picture: "Korongo Airlines Crew 1".

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 415&ref=nf

You can also find pictures of these people in SN crew uniforms. I assume we can see the new Korongo Airlines crew uniform on this picture (the latest on the page)?

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

Nice catch ;)

There are some nice close ups in that album... Good to see things taking shape. Can't wait to see the livery on the BAEs/737 :)

Polaris

Post by Polaris »

There is currently a 737 classic in front of the SN hangars. No idea if it's OO-LTM or another one, would be nice though! :roll: I also noticed that the aircraft that is being stripped for spare parts is gone.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

DeltaWiskey wrote:Can't wait to see the livery on the BAEs/737 :)
:roll: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
DeltaWiskey wrote:There are some nice close ups in that album... Good to see things taking shape.
Uniforms are basically the same as SN's, but a different scarf and a more traditional hat.
Makes sense to do it this way since additional crews for Korongo will also be coming from SN...

dsa330

Post by dsa330 »

Polaris wrote:There is currently a 737 classic in front of the SN hangars. No idea if it's OO-LTM or another one, would be nice though! :roll: I also noticed that the aircraft that is being stripped for spare parts is gone.
it is LTM :) DJF still is there to :)

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

@tolipanebas: what is the point of your quotes? (part 1 and 2)
As far as I know, we never saw any pics of the AirDC uniform (or scarfs and hats).

torchus

Post by torchus »

The small 737 picture above his name is carrying Korongo's c/s.

dsa330

Post by dsa330 »

torchus wrote:The small 737 picture above his name is carrying Korongo's c/s.
wich has to be said, is far more interesting then the b.air one :)

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

I'm not blind you know, I have seen that little picture numerous times before in this topic...
Maybe I should have written: Can't wait to see the livery painted on the BAEs/737. Is that more clear?

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

DeltaWiskey wrote:@tolipanebas: what is the point of your quotes? (part 1 and 2)
As far as I know, we never saw any pics of the AirDC uniform (or scarfs and hats).
I think I mentioned SN as the basis of the uniforms, not DC.... :?:

My 'point' (if you want to call it that way) is that the Korongo uniform is obviously very similar to Brussels Airlines' and for a good reason, as I've explained.

FWIW, the air DC uniforms were very similar too; just the scarf and hat had another colour then...
Any guess as to what colour that was? 8-)
dsa330 wrote:
torchus wrote:The small 737 picture above his name is carrying Korongo's c/s.
Wich has to be said, is far more interesting then the b.air one :)
I think so too.

SN would do well to update its rather patchy looking hybrid livery to something similar to Korongo's, IMHO.
It's by far much nicer, more dynamic and very much more visible (especially in the dark), something which the SN livery currently definitely isn't!

Polaris

Post by Polaris »

dsa330 wrote:
Polaris wrote:There is currently a 737 classic in front of the SN hangars. No idea if it's OO-LTM or another one, would be nice though! :roll: I also noticed that the aircraft that is being stripped for spare parts is gone.
it is LTM :) DJF still is there to :)
Are you sure about this? Last time I checked, OO-DJF (with no engines etc...) wasn't there. Also, OO-LTM is not there anymore, so probably they started working on it... :roll:

dsa330

Post by dsa330 »

DJF is probably inside for spare parts, since MJE is getting he's C-check.
LTM should be back in service normally.

Polaris

Post by Polaris »

dsa330 wrote:DJF is probably inside for spare parts, since MJE is getting he's C-check.
LTM should be back in service normally.
Thanks, that's clear.