Virgin Atlantic adds new Las Vegas route from Manchester

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Virgin Atlantic adds new Las Vegas route from Manchester

Post by sn26567 »

VIRGIN ATLANTIC is to add Manchester to its Las Vegas operation in April 2011. The airline initially introduced Gatwick – Las Vegas as a three times weekly service back in June 2000 and has carried almost 2m passengers on the now daily route.

The twice-weekly service will start in April 2011 and will operate on Thursdays and Sundays using a Boeing 747-400 aircraft. The flight will be Virgin Atlantic's 33rd from the UK and the carrier's third from Manchester.

BMI previously flew the route pulling out in April 2009 with the withdrawal of its Airbus A330 operation.

As with the existing Las Vegas service a Boeing 747-400 fitted with 14 Upper Class Suites, 58 Premium Economy and 379 Economy seats will be used.

Source: AERBT and www.virgin-atlantic.com
André
ex Sabena #26567

TexasGuy

Re: Virgin Atlantic adds new Las Vegas route from Manchester

Post by TexasGuy »

This route should be a success for Virgin. Las Vegas is a top destination for people in and around the greater Manchester area.
Theres nothing better than slow cooked fall off the bone BBQ, Texas style

regi

Post by regi »

TexasGuy wrote:This route should be a success for Virgin. Las Vegas is a top destination for people in and around the greater Manchester area.
I had some personnal thoughts about purchasing power of people from Manchester to go gambling ( or do what else at Las vegas? ) at Las vegas. And now I receive this message.
Well, it must be there is a market for it.
They won't launch this route just like that. The aviation industry keeps me surprising - also positively.

TexasGuy

Post by TexasGuy »

regi wrote:
TexasGuy wrote:This route should be a success for Virgin. Las Vegas is a top destination for people in and around the greater Manchester area.
I had some personnal thoughts about purchasing power of people from Manchester to go gambling ( or do what else at Las vegas? ) at Las vegas. And now I receive this message.
They won't launch this route just like that. The aviation industry keeps me surprising - also positively.
Have taken multiple flights from Manchester back to the USA on both US Airways and Continental and the greater majority of those pax were British with a large number of them connecting to Las Vegas. I wondered when some airline would see the money in this and offer this as a nonstop service vs a connecting one. Not sure if you have ever been to Las Vegas, but it doesnt take much money to have a good time there ;) Lots of deals and great vacation packages.
Theres nothing better than slow cooked fall off the bone BBQ, Texas style

regi

Post by regi »

TexasGuy wrote:
regi wrote:
Have taken multiple flights from Manchester back to the USA on both US Airways and Continental and the greater majority of those pax were British with a large number of them connecting to Las Vegas. I wondered when some airline would see the money in this and offer this as a nonstop service vs a connecting one. Not sure if you have ever been to Las Vegas, but it doesnt take much money to have a good time there ;) Lots of deals and great vacation packages.
No, I haven't been to Las Vegas. I am not such a great fan of Elvis. He still performs at the International Hotel I believe ?

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

regi wrote:I had some personnal thoughts about purchasing power of people from Manchester to go gambling ( or do what else at Las vegas? ) at Las vegas.
Come on Regi, I'm from Wallonia and I went to Las Vegas last summer, can you imagine??? ;)

stop with the prejudice please.

regi

Post by regi »

Desert Rat wrote:
regi wrote:I had some personnal thoughts about purchasing power of people from Manchester to go gambling ( or do what else at Las vegas? ) at Las vegas.
Come on Regi, I'm from Wallonia and I went to Las Vegas last summer, can you imagine??? ;)

stop with the prejudice please.
Prejudice? About what, Elvis maybe? Btw, did you see him at Las Vegas when you were there? :)