BRU winter 2010-2011: latest news, routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

RoMax

Re: BRU winter 2010-2011: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by RoMax »

Code: Select all

LO237 WAW-BRU  11:55 14:05  E170
LO238 BRU-WAW  14:50 16:50  E170
This should be the new flight, starting 2 November. Operated on weekdays, so not on Saterday and Sunday as far as I saw it in Amadeus.

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

MR_Boeing wrote:This should be the new flight, starting 2 November. Operated on weekdays, so not on Saterday and Sunday as far as I saw it in Amadeus.
As far as I can see, it is only operated four times weekly (Tuesday through Friday).

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

sdbelgium wrote: As far as I can see, it is only operated four times weekly (Tuesday through Friday).
Yes indeed, I'm sorry.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Outsync wrote:Starting september Hainan will utilise the A346 for the Shanghai route. The 330 is close to it's limit on this route thus the 346 will take it's place.
If Hainan, ex-PVG, is flying to it's limit they can maybe upgrade their frequency with one or two additional flights by next summer and this on Tuesday and Thursday.
Bur first wait and see.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Atlantis wrote: If Hainan, ex-PVG, is flying to it's limit they can maybe upgrade their frequency with one or two additional flights by next summer and this on Tuesday and Thursday.
Bur first wait and see.
That would make more sense, but I remember Hainan telling the press that they haven't enough long haul aircraft. That's also the reason why they don't start new european destinations and only upgrade existing routes.
If they have an A346 available but no A332, than they would go for the A346.
But indeed, wait and see!

Stij

Post by Stij »

Atlantis wrote:If Hainan, ex-PVG, is flying to it's limit they can maybe upgrade their frequency with one or two additional flights by next summer and this on Tuesday and Thursday.
Bur first wait and see.
I could be wrong but I interpreted that the A332 is flying to it's MTOW range-limit and not to it's capacity-limit. An A346 just doesn't carry more pax, its range on paper is also 1000km longer.

Cheers,

Stij

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Stij wrote:
Atlantis wrote:If Hainan, ex-PVG, is flying to it's limit they can maybe upgrade their frequency with one or two additional flights by next summer and this on Tuesday and Thursday.
Bur first wait and see.
I could be wrong but I interpreted that the A332 is flying to it's MTOW range-limit and not to it's capacity-limit. An A346 just doesn't carry more pax, its range on paper is also 1000km longer.

Cheers,

Stij
Thanks Stij,

That could be also the problem and because belly freight is important for Hainan they could be indeed upgrade to the A346 to secure their freight.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

According to Brussels Airport's airline news (July), Ethiopian will increase again their frequency this winter. They reduced frequency this summer from 7 to 5 and they will increase again to 6 this winter.
As from summer 2011 they will operate daily again and all flights will be operated with a stop in CDG (previously some flights were with a stop in FRA I think).

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

As per 31st of October 2010 Air Arabia Maroc offers 3 weekly connections between Brussels (instead of Brussels South Charleroi) and Casablanca. New destinations from Brussels Airport are the Moroccan cities of Fez and Oujda.

BrightCedars

Post by BrightCedars »

Done the return trip on ME's new nonstop between BRU and BEY!

Despite a 2 1/2 hour delay coming back on saturday (the aircraft got stranded in IST it seems), going it nonstop daytime is much better than red-eye connections.

The news is that according to Cedar Wings, the onboard magazine of MEA, they are here to stay and indeed they are cooperation with SN to funnel passengers between BEY and Africa via BRU.

A trip report will be published, with some indicative pointers for ME and BEY management alike.

PS: The A321 iso A320 was almost full in Y both ways, with a near 50% load in C. We've already booked more now that the Winter flights are loaded and bookable at reasonable fares.

SabenaForever

Post by SabenaForever »

Boeing767copilot wrote:As per 31st of October 2010 Air Arabia Maroc offers 3 weekly connections between Brussels (instead of Brussels South Charleroi) and Casablanca. New destinations from Brussels Airport are the Moroccan cities of Fez and Oujda.

Little Correction: The Flight from Casablanca to CRL wil not be suspended! They will fly to BRU and CRL. And the flights from Fez and Oudja will serve CRL and not BRU

greetz

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

SabenaForever wrote: Little Correction: The Flight from Casablanca to CRL wil not be suspended! They will fly to BRU and CRL. And the flights from Fez and Oudja will serve CRL and not BRU

greetz
For the BRU flights. I checked Air Arabia and they start from 2 November: Casablanca=>Fez=>Brussels=>Fez=>Casablanca on Tuesdays and Saterdays and Casablanca=>Oudja=>Brussels=>Oujda=>Casablanca on Thursday.

And I checked some dates for flights from Casablanca/Fez/Oujda to CRL, but I can't find any flight. Did I something wrong or is Air Arabia suspending ALL flights to CRL?
Last edited by RoMax on 09 Aug 2010, 18:05, edited 2 times in total.

SabenaForever

Post by SabenaForever »

MR_Boeing wrote:
SabenaForever wrote: Little Correction: The Flight from Casablanca to CRL wil not be suspended! They will fly to BRU and CRL. And the flights from Fez and Oudja will serve CRL and not BRU

greetz
For the BRU flights. I checked Air Arabia and they start from 2 November: Casablanca=>Fez=>Brussels=>Fez=>Casablanca on Tuesdays and Saterdays and Casablanca=>Oudja=>Brussels=>Oujda=>Casablanca on Thursday.
ok, my Fault! :oops:
Last edited by SabenaForever on 09 Aug 2010, 18:30, edited 1 time in total.

SabenaForever

Post by SabenaForever »

And I checked some dates for flights from Casablanca/Fez/Oujda to CRL, but I can't find any flight. Did I something wrong or is Air Arabia suspending ALL flights to CRL?
I didn't find flights either! It seems that they wil pull out CRL in favor of BRU!
Something they will love to see in BRU! ;)

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

LOT Polish Airlines is going to add 4 weekly flights to Warsaw as from 2nd of November.

The extra flights will be on Tue/Wed/Thu and Fri and will depart ex-BRU at 14.50. flightnr: LO238

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

Atlantis wrote:LOT Polish Airlines is going to add 4 weekly flights to Warsaw as from 2nd of November.

The extra flights will be on Tue/Wed/Thu and Fri and will depart ex-BRU at 14.50. flightnr: LO238
This is already mentioned on the top of this page :-).

And not to forget! SN will add a fourth weekly rotation BRU-KGL-NBO-BRU as from 01NOV10. Both destinations will go from 3 to 4 weekly flights and the new service will be operated on Mondays. Flights are loaded into GDS as SN463.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

sdbelgium wrote:
Atlantis wrote:LOT Polish Airlines is going to add 4 weekly flights to Warsaw as from 2nd of November.

This is already mentioned on the top of this page :-).

And not to forget! SN will add a fourth weekly rotation BRU-KGL-NBO-BRU as from 01NOV10. Both destinations will go from 3 to 4 weekly flights and the new service will be operated on Mondays. Flights are loaded into GDS as SN463.
Indeed, didn't saw it sdbelgium ;)

BTW good news about the extra Africa flights of SN! NBO is no surprise as this destination is booming after a couple of years of no activity. A lot of tourists are in a hurry to do their safari's. TO can confirm that.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

sdbelgium wrote:SN will add a fourth weekly rotation BRU-KGL-NBO-BRU as from 01NOV10. Both destinations will go from 3 to 4 weekly flights and the new service will be operated on Mondays. Flights are loaded into GDS as SN463.
Where are they going to find time on one of their aircraft to do that? By cancelling another flight? By using the military A330? By hiring an aircraft from another carrier?
André
ex Sabena #26567

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

Well, to begin with, SN has a spare A330 sitting idle in Brussels on 5 days per week. If you take into account the second departure wave that has been created a short while ago, there is almost half a day between the arrival and departure of some of the African flights. This allows SN scheduling enough time for maintenance inbetween, thus enabling extra rotations during the week. There will be no cancellations, extra planes or leased in planes, just a higher utilization rate on the current fleet of five.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

As I mentioned in another topic, in the weekly roster of the 5 aircraft only 2 consecutive days are provided for maintenance, and 3 separate days for reserve.

Code: Select all

S10 Day 1       Day 2       Day 3       Day 4       Day 5       Day 6       Day 7     Rot
1   DLA FIH DLA DKR BJL DKR DKR CKY DKR DKR BJL DKR DKR FNA DKR DKR CKY DKR DKR BJL DKR 7
2   Maint       Maint       ROB ACC     Reserve     ACC ROB     DLA FIH DLA ROB ACC     4
3   ACC ROB     NSI FIH NSI DLA FIH DLA LAD FIH     NSI FIH NSI Reserve     LAD FIH     6
4   DKR FNA DKR KGL EBB     BJM NBO     KGL EBB     EBB NBO     KGL EBB     BJM NBO     7
5   LFW ABJ     ABJ COO     Reserve     OUA ABJ OUA ABJ LFW     COO ABJ     OUA ABJ OUA 6
Total: 30 rotations

One more rotation to KGL NBO means one less day for reserve. That seems very low to me, but then I am not an airline executive...
André
ex Sabena #26567