2010 Liège Airport (LGG) latest news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Propwash

Re: 2010 Liège Airport (LGG) latest news

Post by Propwash »

flightlover wrote:Ok, next time it will be a full day for all airports that don't pay the full price for the service given e.g.: Antwerpen, Oostende, Charleroi and o yes liège. Better that way?????

Sorry Brussels isn't in that row but they are real, regular customers who pay for the service given to them.
Spot on ;)

The regional airports must indeed shut up.

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

flightlover wrote: Ok, next time it will be a full day for all airports that don't pay the full price for the service given e.g.: Antwerpen, Oostende, Charleroi and o yes liège. Better that way?????

Sorry Brussels isn't in that row but they are real, regular customers who pay for the service given to them.
Meaning that it is the employee of Belgocontrol wich are deciding to make a strike in LGG because they don't pay?

Or is the the Belgocontrol management wich is suggesting the strike to be C/O in LGG?

Why not a strike in OST or ANT ?

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Liège airport is going to Justice for this action.
http://trends.rnews.be/fr/economie/belg ... 601704.htm
http://www.demorgen.be/dm/nl/996/Econom ... epen.dhtml

I guess it's clear the strike has only one victims in this case.
I guess you can understand a bit why LGG if you look who is managing Belgocontol, where he's from and who's managing LGG and where he's from.
Anyway, Justice will decide now.

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

Acid-drop wrote: I guess it's clear the strike has only one victims in this case.
I guess you can understand a bit why LGG if you look who is managing Belgocontol, .
As usual, Might makes right...And Mister Shovel has the handle on his side... :roll:

He was bad with the trains and now same story in Aviation.

Propwash

Post by Propwash »

Acid-drop wrote:I guess you can understand a bit why LGG if you look who is managing Belgocontol, where he's from and who's managing LGG and where he's from.
Ohh, you mean "The Crime for a Dime" Party ;)
Acid-drop wrote:Anyway, Justice will decide now.
Yeah and if(?) the judge is a member of "The Crime for a Dime" party, the 'Final' verdict can be classified within the 15% miscarriage of justice.

Nevihta

Post by Nevihta »

once again,
A good part of the employees at Liege and Charleroi are paid by the region, so please be a little more sharp in your comments.

by the way, do you know if control at Brussels Airport earns money, or is looses money ?

Propwash

Post by Propwash »

Nevihta wrote:by the way, do you know if control at Brussels Airport earns money, or is looses money ?
LOOSE money, because your "Crime for a Dime" party 'Belgocontrol management' friend didn't (or deliberately forgot) to charge the regional airports for their service.

Nevihta

Post by Nevihta »

Propwash wrote:
Nevihta wrote:by the way, do you know if control at Brussels Airport earns money, or is looses money ?
LOOSE money, because your "Crime for a Dime" party 'Belgocontrol management' friend didn't (or deliberately forgot) to charge the Regenional Airport for their service.
1. Hey, keep cool, I'm just asking questions, trying to understand. And by the way, AD control in brussels has nothing to see with not charging regional airports,.

2. As far as I undestood, AD control can't be "sponsored" anymore by enroute control.
So the problem should be the same for Brussels.

3. The situation as it is today is set by a convention concluded in 1989. once again, the number of ATCO's was estimated at regional AD. When TNT and Ryanair came in (for example) and AD developped, more ATCO's were needed, and those extra ATCO's are paid by the Region. So in terms of ATCO's, Belgocontrol provides "standard" service in every airport, and everything extra is paid by the regions. (And if the traffic decreases, you have overstaff for free...). That's a convention, blame the ones who made it 20 years ago.

I really can't understand why such anger in this debate, and bringing that to "you against me" instead of trying to have constructive thoughts.

liege-bierset

Post by liege-bierset »

Just for information. Sorry but that night (from 23.00 to end of traffic rush) TNT and Co aicrafts landed and took-of quite normally - Business as usual, ATC were in the tower. which strike are we talking about ?
By-the way ,who has paid the new BRU tower and what about Canac 2. Is'nt it one the reasons for cash drain at Belgo. Of course this body is one of few not yet 100% in hands of Vlaams POWER...too bad.
Be sure it will not last for ever. :mrgreen:

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

only 20 years ...
but already 20 years ... 1st airport in Belgium and soon in the world top 30 ... not bad, is it ? ;)
Let's hope they continue the growth at the same speed ... the hardest is yet to come !

A nice pic for the 20th birthday
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5454 ... border.jpg

Established02

Post by Established02 »

Une journée portes ouvertes sera organisée le dimanche 9 mai, de 10h00 à 17h00.

OO-VEX

Post by OO-VEX »

TNT will be expanding the network by adding a 3rd B747 on LGG-China flights. TNT has 4 B744F, of which 2 are leased out to Emirates Skycargo. Is one of them returning to the TNT network??

Source (dutch):NieuwsbladTransport.nl

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Well, the 2 Emirates painted A/C are still operated by TNT, and they are very often seen in LGG for the current Shanghai and Hong-kong flights (see the pic, 3 posts earlier)
Meaning they take whichever plane is free out of the 4 I guess.
But now it's they use 3 full time, it's quite a good news.
There's talking about a new route to India also ... maybe this 3rd 744 will be used for LGG-India-China ?

Overall, TNT seems in very good health
They have released a "press pack" in March :
http://www.tntairways.com/files/documen ... 010eng.pdf

grnkg

Post by grnkg »

Acid-drop wrote:Well, the 2 Emirates painted A/C are still operated by TNT, and they are very often seen in LGG for the current Shanghai and Hong-kong flights (see the pic, 3 posts earlier)
Meaning they take whichever plane is free out of the 4 I guess.
When TNT acquired the 747 fleet back in 2006-2007, the plan already was that Emirates would return the THC and THD to TNT Airways as soon as there was enough freight available on the LGG-PVG-HKG and LGG-SIN routes. The fact that THC and THD have been in LGG from time to time is due to route optimization and maintenance. They of course always tried to have THA and THB on the TNT routes and THC and THD on the Emirates routes, but that's not always possible.
Acid-drop wrote:Overall, TNT seems in very good health
They have released a "press pack" in March :
http://www.tntairways.com/files/documen ... 010eng.pdf
Some remarks on the press-pack:
It is really a SHAME for TNT to mention that they operate A300's and 757's. THEY DO NOT OPERATE THESE AIRCRAFT.
The TNT Airways A300 fleet (TZA, TZB, TZC and TZD) is currently under a layer of sand and dust in the desert. Most of the pilots and the entire maintenance crew has been sacked. Only for them to lease in a couple of other A300's (-600) within a month after their last A300 (TZB) left LGG on 23-12-2009.
These A300's (TF-ELF and TF-ELK) are however not operated by TNT Airways but by Air Atlanta! Same for the Boeing 757 (4 operated by IcelandAir, one by Gestair). OK, one IcelandAir 757 is in TNT colors but that doesn't say anything about the operator (it's like with THC and THD but the other way around, in full Emirates colors, but operated by TNT Airways!)
The number of 737 and BAe146 aircraft in the fleet, mentioned on page 5 of the press pack is not correct either: TNT Airways operates 10 737's, not 12 and 14 BAe146 instead of 21.

Kind regards,
GR.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

It's quite strange to have such big error in numbers in an official communication.
It's a shame indeed.

No info about the new india route ? rumour ?

grnkg

Post by grnkg »

Acid-drop wrote:It's quite strange to have such big error in numbers in an official communication.
It's a shame indeed.
Don't know if it is done on purpose (so to make the company look bigger when they hand out the press pack to potential customers) or if it is because there is no real public relations dept within TNT Airways. The PR dept of the hub is also responsible for the PR of Airways.

For info:
this the TNT Airways fleet:
4 B747-400ERF - OO-THA, OO-THB, OO-THC, OO-THD
2 B737-300F - OO-TNA, OO-TNB
6 B737-300SF - OO-TNC, OO-TNE, OO-TNH, OO-TNI, OO-TNJ, OO-TNK
2 B737-300QC - OO-TNF, OO-TNG
4 BAe146-200QT - OO-TAR, OO-TAU, OO-TAW, G-BNPJ
8 BAe146-300QT - OO-TAA, OO-TAD, OO-TAE, OO-TAF, OO-TAH, OO-TAJ, OO-TAK, OO-TAS
2 BAe146-200QC - OO-TAY, OO-TAZ

and the following aircraft operate into LGG on behalf of TNT on a regular basis:
6 BAe146-200QT - PanAir - EC-ELT, EC-FVY, EC-FZE, EC-GQO, EC-HDH, EC-HJH (all in TNT colors)
1 Lockheed L-188 Electra - Atlantic Air - mostly G-LOFC
1 B737-300SF - Ukraine International Airlines - UR-FAA
1 B737-300F - Cargo Air - LZ-CGO
1 B737-300SF - SwiftAir - EC-LAC
1 B737-300F - Bluebird Cargo - TF-BBD
5 B757-200SF - IcelandAir - TF-CIB, TF-FID (in TNT colors), TF-FIE, TF-FIG, TF-FIH
1 B757-200SF - Gestair - EC-FTR
1 B767-200SF - ABX Air - mostly N312AA
2 A300-600F - Air Atlanta - TF-ELF, TF-ELK
Acid-drop wrote:No info about the new india route ? rumour ?
No news about India...

Other news:
The first Boeing 767, operated by TNT Airways, is due to arrive in May.

The entire B737 fleet will be returned to the lessor in the near future, starting with TNF and TNG by the end of this year. TNF has been in the paint shop a few weeks ago, and is no longer in full TNT livery. This will make it easier to return a completely white a/c to the owner.

Kind regards,
GR.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Great data. I'll update wikipedia when I have some time.
Good explanation for the ugly livery of the 737 ;)
It's a lot of 737 that will leave then ... any idea what will replace them ?

liege-bierset

Post by liege-bierset »

TNT Press Pack.
Acid and GR.
First of all: GR you are an insider ? (at least that what I believe, may be wrong). But please read again document page 5.
They just say " (The) Company handles a fleet of about 40 planes (crews scheduling, training,Flights dispatch, ramp service...) The writter dont say operates.
UIA Ukraine uses his call sign, some Icelandair flghts do the same and some use "quality".
But above all, I am sure you know that PAN AIR is 100% owned be TNT Spain. President of this airline is Mr.Niki Terzakis. His name should ring the bell, since he is MD of TNT Airways in Liege.
So, I dont think you should use hard words such as SHAME or STRANGE.
It looks like this article is made of bits and pieces from previous stuff, already seen earlier. To me, it's meant at be available for the coming conference, scheduled at the LGG and also for the public open door in May. But clearly last page does not totally mesh with page 5 (low key job)
Again, I dont think TNT are trying to misleading us or blowing their case.
As Acid, it would intereseting to have your thoughts about fleet evolution for next year and after.
We all remember the story about a big order for "green" A320 freighters...Is it still on the drawing board ?
RGDS.
PS, Acid, your question about Russian Polet in LGG. Route is PVG-Novossibirsk-LGG, Maybe for TNT or ... Avient?
L.B.