2010 Charleroi Airport (CRL) latest news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Acid-drop

2010 Charleroi Airport (CRL) latest news

Post by Acid-drop »

3.937.187 pax in 2009
+33%

23 new destinations in 2009
14 new planned in 2010

Desert Rat

Re: 2010 Charleroi Airport (CRL) latest news

Post by Desert Rat »

How many A/C's operating now out of CRL ???

Who is doing the maintenance for Ryanair, still Sabena Technics???

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

This topic is about CRL news only.
I have split this thread and moved the FR diversion discussion in another topic
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=41151&start=0

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

An interview of Jacques Cloquet , "responsable des opérations non-aviation" at CRL and "directeur général ff" of BSCA in "Le Soir" today page 22.

Megaman

Post by Megaman »

I bet (nothing) on a +20% growth in 2010...

Megaman

Post by Megaman »

airazurxtror wrote:An interview of Jacques Cloquet , "responsable des opérations non-aviation" at CRL and "directeur général ff" of BSCA in "Le Soir" today page 22.

What did he say in a nutshell?

BrightCedars

Post by BrightCedars »

New article online about Wizzair happy about CRL but not so with the city:
http://www.lalibre.be/actu/belgique/art ... ville.html
If you ask my opinion, they say nothing but the truth. And just like Google should be free in China, Wizzair should be free in Wallonia. This minister needs to find himself a new country if he can't live with free speech.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Thinking Charleroi is an ugly city is common among belgian and non-belgians ... but writing it in a paper so that everybody knows before going there is a bit excessive I think...
What's the point to write that anyway ?
Usually you don't bite the hand that feed you ...

Stij

Post by Stij »

Acid-drop wrote:Usually you don't bite the hand that feed you ...
In a normal customer supplier relationship it's the customers hand that feeds the supplier.

If the Walloon Region's hand feeds Wizzair, it means Wizzair doesn't pay enough for the services it gets, the airport isn't self-supporting and, by consequence, the Walloon government is paying the difference in some way or the other.

So I think Mr. Antoine's comment is almost as stupid as Wizzair's...

Cheers,

Stij

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Now, one has to hand it to Wizzair : they say nothing but the truth about Charleroi ...
But are there many passengers that fly to CRL just to go and stay in Charleroi ? I doubt it.
Minister Antoine André knows it, and knows how is Charleroi, and he makes noises just because he thinks it's his job ...
Charleroi is rather pathetic, and yet, in its way, it has something special - something at once desperate and fascinating. And on the whole, the "Carolos" are sympathetic and likeable.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Is Charleroi nice to go to?
I don't know,never been there.. :oops:
Ask how many other Flemish people got to Charleroi for tourism,shopping,..
( except football lovers offcourse... )
The answer makes all other points useless! :?

Ask what Flemish people know about charleroi and they will only mention scandals and football.

Pity for Charleroi,think the Walloon government has a lot to do here..

If the Belgians thinks this of Charleroi what would other people do.. :(

CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

I'm not sure I understand you ...
You've never visited Charleroi ? I've never seen Zaventem village ... So what ?
Now if a magasine try to say shit about it, eveybody think it's the true like it's the bible ...
Yes it's industrial and not necessary the best looking city of Belgium, but should you really try to convice everybody to not go there ?
It is unlikely that tourist want to go there anyway, so why making bad publicity ...
I wonder if they do the same for Katovice in Poland ... pretty much the same level of beauty

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi acid-drop,

You got me a bit wrong I think.
It meant to say that if the magazine said CRL isn't that good for visiting,
it's their good right (freedom of speech).
Is it helpful for the readers, nope..
Why? Because I don't think CRL airport attracks a lot of people just for CRL City,
but they might say it because it's true ( I suppose,have to check it out ).
So instead of bashing Wizzair, better use this report as postive thing,
use this as a warning for the Walloon government to do something about it!
I say,we Flemish have bad thoughts about CRL city,so why wonder that other people write
these things about CRL!
For some fly-people ( just for the fun FR ),knowing that CRL has nothing to do could be useful
info for them.
Offcourse these things can and might be said also of other airport-cities!

Am I happy about these articles? No.
Should we be upset about it. No,but react positive. If it's true ( I don't know!!!) or not react to it.
It can only go better then..

CX-B
PS. It's just Wizz....,they eastern-europeans aren't a better exemple either :lol: !
New types flown 2022.. A339

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

It would be nice if one or both of you could provide a short summary in English!

Thanks,
André
ex Sabena #26567

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

sn26567 wrote:
It would be nice if one or both of you could provide a short summary in English!

Thanks,
The federal airportpolice is complaining about the lack of staff at CRL (number of officers dropped from 48 tot 35) and the lack of the necessary training of two months do to passportcontrol (false ID's etc.).

Just some info to compare... BRU has around (more or less) 350 federal police officers, devided between border control (the majority), regular police care and judicial police.

So CRL, with 23% of BRU's pax only has roughly 10% of the police force at Brussels Airport. At CRL they call their situation disastrous and given the numbers, there certainly is some truth about it.

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

Conti764 wrote:
The federal airportpolice is complaining about the lack of staff at CRL (number of officers dropped from 48 tot 35) and the lack of the necessary training of two months do to passportcontrol (false ID's etc.).

Just some info to compare... BRU has around (more or less) 350 federal police officers, devided between border control (the majority), regular police care and judicial police.

So CRL, with 23% of BRU's pax only has roughly 10% of the police force at Brussels Airport. At CRL they call their situation disastrous and given the numbers, there certainly is some truth about it.
Don't forget that CRL mainly has flights from the Schengen Area. If not all are European destinations! So unless I'm mistaken 95% of passengers are allowed to travel in Europe. Now you get the odd non-european pax that hasn't been issued a shengen Visa and tries to get in the Shengen zone! But that must be extremely rare frankly!

Compare that to BRU: Flights from China, India, Africa, Russia, the US... According to me they have an easy job! Granted they need training but honestly I don't think they need huge numbers to perform the tasks they need to do...

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

CRL handles quite a lot of flights to non-Schengen European countries : Ireland, Great Britain, ... and also to Africa : Tunisia, Morocco (Jet4you, Air Arabia, Ryanair, Jetairfly ...) and Asia (Turkey).

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

airazurxtror wrote:CRL handles quite a lot of flights to non-Schengen European countries : Ireland, Great Britain, ... and also to Africa : Tunisia, Morocco (Jet4you, Air Arabia, Ryanair, Jetairfly ...) and Asia (Turkey).
Absolutely totally forgot: Nevertheless can't compare BRU and CRL here!