787 Poised to Fly?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

RC20

787 Poised to Fly?

Post by RC20 »

ZA001 has started engines and is working its way through curretn gauntlet (needed due to amount of work done)

ZA002 is also close.

Possibly first flight the 14th for ZA001 and before the end of December.

Of course that assumes no more issues, you would think not, but Boeing has proven they can snatch airborne from the jaws of flight to well. Seeing is believing, and then wring out of 6 months before things become real (i.e. no serious problems found in flight or during the 150% wing bend test)

NCB

Re: 787 Poised to Fly?

Post by NCB »

I like your realism.
Let's hope that this thing flies this time but let's also hope that it's not another stunt by Boeing to sell the program, similarily to the roll-out.

Count-down to Dec. 14th, I'll be watching the live feed.

regi

Post by regi »

so from marketing point of view it is the one too late product launch against the other this month:
The B787 against the A400. Let's see who is first.

PYX

Post by PYX »

The latest rumors are saying the first flight could be anywhere between the 14th and 22nd, depending on weather. Some are saying the second flight test 787 will also fly before the end of December.
For a few days there was a rumor Boeing was also going to fly the 747-8 this month, but January seems to be a more realistic for that program.

RC20

Post by RC20 »

Other than a weird coincidence , the A400M and the 787 flying in the same week is meaningless.

They share company fortunes (787 being more important), but ones military and the other civilian.

A400M is supposed to fly tomorrow.

What also continues to be interesting is the 787 is alone in its market, the A350 is splitting Boeing's 777-200 market right now (stay tuned on its progress of course and the 1000 shoots for the -300 market). Frankly I did not expect the A350 to do anywhere near this well (200 orders rather than around 500 now). They have to deliver and it has to perform, and as we have seen with both Boeing and Airbus, that's not happened lately. They will be doing really good to be only 6 months late, and I would not be surprised at 2 years with the magnitude of the move they are making.

Reports are Boeing is holding off on response until they see the 1000 details, then will make their move. They will try for an upgrade, and if that's not good enough then all new.

PYX

Post by PYX »

Weather permitting:

DC3 Fan

Post by DC3 Fan »

From an e-mail I received:

"The Boeing Company is proud to announce that the window for first flight is planned to open at 10 a.m. on December 15. The first flight will occur from Paine Field in Everett, Wash. This date is dependent upon final internal reviews, taxi test and receiving the final experimental ticket from the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration. We’d like to invite you to view this achievement via the World Wide Web. Our Web site will present a live broadcast of the takeoff, landing and post-flight press conference. You can access this site at:

http://www.boeing.com

or

http://www.newairplane.com