DHL (EAT) to close down Belgian head quarters, 900 job moves

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

luchtzak

DHL (EAT) to close down Belgian head quarters, 900 job moves

Post by luchtzak »

I am surprised nobody mentioned the closure of the DHL Belgian head quarters located in Diegem.

DHL will move:

523 jobs at the European head quarters DHL Express in Diegem,
231 jobs at DHL Aviation
34 jobs at EAT

to other DHL locations like Bonn, Prague or Leipzig.
hln.be wrote:DHL kondigde vandaag de intentie aan om zijn Europese hoofdkwartier in fases weg te halen uit Brussel. Daardoor staan 788 banen op de tocht: 523 op het Europees hoofdkwartier van DHL Express in Diegem, 231 bij het sorteercentrum DHL Aviation en 34 bij EAT, de vrachtluchtvaartmaatschappij van DHL. Bij DHL Aviation en EAT gaat het telkens om ondersteunende functies. Bovendien wordt momenteel bij DHL Aviation al met de vakbonden onderhandeld over het collectief ontslag van 94 personen.

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/942/Economie/a ... rapt.dhtml

Mavke

Re: DHL (EAT) to close down Belgian head quarters, 900 job moves

Post by Mavke »

hoi,

as employee of DHL Aviation it wont be great to enter the workfloor agian after some vacation ... i hope i'm not one of them .... ( Good luck to all the people who has to go )

Ken

liege-bierset

Post by liege-bierset »

I am afraid this not the end of the story...Protectionism is now the name of the game.
Opel: same story !
Hope to be wrong.

regi

Post by regi »

To Liege Bierset:
no my dear member, you are not wrong. It is even much worse. It is just the start of the crisis. Many more companies will close. We are not seeing the end of the tunnel. We have just entered a dark smelly tube full of filth and it will take many years to squeeze through it.

We see now a kind of protectionism by the Germans ( Opel, DHL, Bayer as well ) But it is the same with the other foreign countries. Carrefour threatened to pull out of Belgium as well. ( the closure of Renault Vilvoorde was 100 % political ) The Americans try to pull their money out of their investments as well ( GM in total, Ford/Volvo )

We Belgians are vulnerable to these actions because so many large companies are in foreign hands.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

No the crisis is ending regi. BUT the job market always react later. So we can expect more job losses even the economy is recovering.