New Belgian Cargo carrier 'Albatros air'!?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

SabenaForever

New Belgian Cargo carrier 'Albatros air'!?

Post by SabenaForever »

Does Someone have more information of this new carrier? :!: I heard they will commence services from the beginning of march from Brussels to the Congo with B747-200F! But I don't think they already started services yet!

greetz

Christophe

Avro

Post by Avro »

Never heard of them, but are you sure that the name is correct ?? Because I just found out that there is a flying school in Germany which is called Albatros Air :roll:

Greetz
Chris

AN124

Post by AN124 »

It's indeed the correct name.
THis is the same company that started operations from MST to Africa some months ago with a Kallita Jumbo.
Their have been several flights but we haven't seen the plane for weeks.

Best Regards,
Yvo

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

AN124 wrote:It's indeed the correct name.
THis is the same company that started operations from MST to Africa some months ago with a Kallita Jumbo. Their have been several flights but we haven't seen the plane for weeks. Best Regards, Yvo
Affirmative.
We talked about that in these forums earlier.
But they seemed to have vanished.
btw I'm looking for well informed aviation enthousiasts in Congo, Angola, as I have lots of questions in connection with 'African Stories' Thx for writing 8) see PM under bottom line

Skystef

Post by Skystef »

Indeed, Primair & Albatros are related to each other.
A while ago i've read an article in the newpaper that option of starting operations @ EBBR was still open, but for the moment the conditions @ EHBK were quite good, so no hurry to move the ops to Belgium.

Some more info:
Spotting Group Maastricht wrote: Airfellow has the honour to come forward with the introduction of a new B747-200 full freighter operation:
Primair is the name, founded by seven individuals, i.e. partners. They have joined forces, each one within his own quality of the freight forwarding industry.
The business concept is very simple :"… establish a designated service, covering the physical and operational aspects within the airline industry, and let all parties concerned benefit from the dedicated cost-cutting air transport operation..."

At present Primair has secured a B747-200 freighter via one of the seven associates , a Belgian registered airline company named Albatros Air, to be installed as from the month February 2004, serving different main gateways on the African continent.
Still one week to go before Primair will launch her inaugural 747-200 full freighter operation. The 4th of February 2004 the first flight will leave from Maastricht/Aachen airport to the African continent.

The Partners have decided to serve the following destinations as per enclosed Rotations:

• MAASTRICHT / LAGOS or ACCRA/ NAIROBI / CAIRO / MAASTRICHT
• MAASTRICHT / ADDIS ABEBA / ENTEBBE / CAIRO / MAASTRICHT

The schedule @ EHBK was:

1 08.50 13.00 Z1-633 / Z1-133
2 12.50 - Z1-133
3 - 17.30 Z1-333
4 - - -
5 08.50 13.00 Z1-333 / Z1-533
6 12.50 17.30 Z1-533 / Z1-633
7 - - -

Indeed discussed earlier via: https://www.aviation24.be/postlite2878-albatros.html

SS