Question, Delhi or Mumbai Lounges!

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

SabenaForever

Question, Delhi or Mumbai Lounges!

Post by SabenaForever »

Hi

I'am planning a trip to Thailand in the spring of 2010!
I found some nice tickets 'economy' with Jet Airways of 668 euro's via Mumbai or Delhi..
The only thing is whe have to wait 3 hours in the airport for a connection flight.

My girlfriend has a Miles and More 'Senator Card', is it possible to go to a Lounge?
And are the Lounges good in India? I heard the airports are terrible ther?!

greetz Christophe

regi

Re: Question, Delhi or Mumbai Lounges!

Post by regi »

I am surprised that you go for the Jet Airways option to travel to Thailand.
Etihad is very convenient from Brussels, with shorter transit times at the new terminal of Abu Dhabi.
At Joker you can get sometimes great promotions on Qantas flights - which Connections don't get from Qantas. ( 500 euro, over LHR )

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

I don't now if the lounges of Jet are good in India. The lounge in BRU is in the top 50 of the best lounges in the world (just like the lounge of SN at the end of the A terminal for the AFI flights). So if the lounges at their home base are at the same level, don't worry than. But I am not sure if these lounges are also good.

SabenaForever

Post by SabenaForever »

regi wrote:I am surprised that you go for the Jet Airways option to travel to Thailand.
Etihad is very convenient from Brussels, with shorter transit times at the new terminal of Abu Dhabi.
At Joker you can get sometimes great promotions on Qantas flights - which Connections don't get from Qantas. ( 500 euro, over LHR )

Your right, i looked at Etihad but until now, i only found some tickets starting 800 euro's! But that option is also running...

I had once a connection flight at Heathrow an it was a disaster, lost luggage etc.

The main thing is, i am looking for good inflight service and entertainment.. Etihad and Jet Airways are good in that i think!

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Jet Airways isn't already world famous for their service but on the markets they serve everyone nows that Jet is absolutly TOP. I am pritty sure that Jet will become a top 10, maybe even top 5 airline in the comming years. Etihad is that already and you can see that on some of their prices, altough they are really not expensive compared to other "top 10/5" airliners. So both Jet and Etihad would be a good choice, if I was you I will pick the one that fit me the most about price and transit times.

summersso

Post by summersso »

I'm going to Delhi on Sunday for three days on Jet, shall use their lounge and will let you know. I read a fairly negative review on Skytrax and heard Delhi airport's hell... mais on verra!

SabenaForever

Post by SabenaForever »

summersso wrote:I'm going to Delhi on Sunday for three days on Jet, shall use their lounge and will let you know. I read a fairly negative review on Skytrax and heard Delhi airport's hell... mais on verra!
Thx, good Trip!

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

Flying Jet Airways in economy and showing a Miles&More Senator Card will not give you access to Jet Airways lounges because 9W is not a Star Alliance member.
In favor of quality air travel.

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

Indeed, the domestic travel lounge in Delhi only provides access for Première flyers.

regi

Post by regi »

Coming back on the price for the ticket: you don't get the best price from Joker untill you go in persona or fax. No email. ( because they don't know from who the email comes from and they certainly don't want to show their promotions to the competition. )
The promotions don't appear if you use their online price calculator.

So, if you would be able to go to a Joker office, try it. It could save you a lot of money. It did it 5 times for me, resulting in a overall cost saving of > 1.000 euro.

And Connections are liars when they tell you that they have the best price for airline X-Y-Z. Each time it turned out that Joker had better prices with differences between 60 and 180 euro for exactly the same ticket, company, travel day.