Brussels Airport: important announcement on Thu 29/10/2009

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

LX-LGX

Brussels Airport: important announcement on Thu 29/10/2009

Post by LX-LGX »

There is a special meeting from the Ondernemingsraad / Conseil d'Entreprise on Thursday morning.

For the non-Belgian luchtzakkers: the OR / CE is a reunion in which ownership and/or management have to announce important decisions to the unions, before advising them to the employees.

So there will be bad news coming from BRU on Thursday.

teddybAIR

Re: Brussels Airport: important announcement on Thu 29/10/2009

Post by teddybAIR »

Could it be that they discussed the major dividend payment? I can hardly imagine them announcing measures towards employees on the same day that they announce a massive dividend payment to their shareholders.

regards,
bAIR

SabenaForever

Post by SabenaForever »

15 people will loose their jobs on Brussels Airport!!

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

Did they mention which type of profiles and by means of which schemes they want to reduce the headcount by 15 employees.

Regards,
bAIR

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

teddybAIR wrote:Could it be that they discussed the major dividend payment? I can hardly imagine them announcing measures towards employees on the same day that they announce a massive dividend payment to their shareholders.
Aviation has always been a risky business, and aviation is nowadays the worst branch for return on investment. What you call "a massive dividend payment" isn't that much, compared to the massive investment they've done. And the dividend would have been more if they would have invested their money in a factory producing plastic buckets or leather shoes.

People working at the airport are paid for their labour: monthly, cash onto their bank account. People who have supplied the money to make it possible that people working at the airport can be paid, are also paid for in cash: annually, by dividend. I'm not one of them, but I can live with that principle. If they're not allowed a dividend - like you seems to suggest - it will be better for them to withdraw their funds from the airport and invest it in plastic buckets or leather shoes. Will the unions, who have the necessary massive funds on their bank account, then invest in the airport?