Security checks as transit pax

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Coppelia

Security checks as transit pax

Post by Coppelia »

Dear all,

Some days ago I was performing a CDG flight, and we had huge delays waiting for transit pax coming from AFI and blocked in the security checks queues.

I was wondering if this is standard in all airports to security-check transit pax ? If well, what is the meaning of that as they don't leave the airport buildings from one airplane to another ?

Thanks for enlighting me guys :idea:
Tame birds have only longings. Wild birds fly

9vsmu

Re: Security checks as transit pax

Post by 9vsmu »

one of the reasons is the transit from non-schengen to a schengen destination.

Note that in BRU, a part of the A-pier is used for Non-schengen pax.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Coppelia wrote:Dear all,

Some days ago I was performing a CDG flight, and we had huge delays waiting for transit pax coming from AFI and blocked in the security checks queues.

I was wondering if this is standard in all airports to security-check transit pax ? If well, what is the meaning of that as they don't leave the airport buildings from one airplane to another ?

Thanks for enlighting me guys :idea:
This is indeed the normal precedure. When we go via ZRH or LHR we have to passed security again.
ZRH is the worst. Very, very slow. Only two security lines when the long hauls arrived in the morning. Its very often that we nearly missed our connection flight to BRU.

Coppelia

Post by Coppelia »

Thank you guys.

In my case transit pax were blocked at security in BRU, coming from AFI and going to CDG. At a moment we decided to leave without waiting for the last pax, but they eventually arrived just before their checked-in luggage was offloaded.

We left from BRU with almost 3h30 delay...

(this delay was not only due to huge security queues at security I must admit : some flights arrived late from AFI)
Tame birds have only longings. Wild birds fly

favourite_belgian

Post by favourite_belgian »

It seems it's normal procedure. I've flown to SGN a few times from BRU via FRA and BKK. I had a security check at FRA and then at BKK, although we were continuing on the same plane, we had to get off for refueling and go through another security check. Same story on the way back.