BRU summer 2010: latest news, routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

RoMax

Re: BRU summer 2010: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by RoMax »

bruworld wrote:jet airways to katmandu from brussels

http://www.businesstravel.fr/2009121036 ... umbai.html
It's new offerd by SN, but it is not a new flight from BRU it's simply the daily BRU-Mumbai flight that connects with the flight to Katmandu.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Indeed, it's just a connection flight but nevertheless it has some advantages.

If SN play the game right they could connect their flights from Lyon, Marseille and Paris to the Mumbai flight of Jet Airways.

Wasn't it Arkefly that now also flies direct to Nepal since winter '09?

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

Yes, 738 via OBBI.

Established02

Post by Established02 »

Atlantis wrote:If SN play the game right they could connect their flights from Lyon, Marseille and Paris to the Mumbai flight of Jet Airways.
Atlantis, SN does already offer connectivity between BOM and these three destinations in France.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Correct, my mistake

Kabila

Post by Kabila »

From June 1st, 2010 Ethiopian (ET) will change it's schedule between ADD and FRA from a night flight nothbound to a day flight north bound, 5 days a week (not on Mondays and Fridays). The return flight from FRA to ADD will remain a night flight southbound.

Currently, ET flies daily from BRU to ADD, with 1 stop in FRA (on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays) or 1 stop in CDG (on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday).

Since ET will not fly to FRA anymore on Mondays and Fridays, does anyone know if frquency to BRU will also be reduced to 5 or 4 weekly? Or will BRU be served non stop as from then? Or will all service be routed through CDG?

With ET probably joining Star by mid-2010, do you think BRU might get direct flights to ADD? Daily 767 to ADD might be a little to much, but maybe 757? At least, it might reduce travel time to ADD and overall flight time to FIH and other connections.

Any more info more than welcome.

SmilingBoy

Post by SmilingBoy »

bruworld wrote:jet airways to katmandu from brussels

http://www.businesstravel.fr/2009121036 ... umbai.html
With anight stop in Mumbai? No, thanks.

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

Kabila wrote:Since ET will not fly to FRA anymore on Mondays and Fridays, does anyone know if frquency to BRU will also be reduced to 5 or 4 weekly? Or will BRU be served non stop as from then? Or will all service be routed through CDG?
Amadeus timetable shows 4 weekly (no service on Tue/Thu/Sun) for the moment.

LJ

Post by LJ »

MR_Boeing wrote:CDG and AMS are really gonne hate this. Yeasterday the CEO of Continental said to LVN.nl that they hold AMS as destination from both Houston and Newark but AMS really don't need to expect new flights or even upgrades.
Well good news for AF/KL... they get less competition from CO.

BTW didn´t KL once said they would axe BRU when the high speed train is finished? I still see the 5 daily flights (still ER and F70) for next Summer.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

LJ wrote:
MR_Boeing wrote:CDG and AMS are really gonne hate this. Yeasterday the CEO of Continental said to LVN.nl that they hold AMS as destination from both Houston and Newark but AMS really don't need to expect new flights or even upgrades.
Well good news for AF/KL... they get less competition from CO.

BTW didn´t KL once said they would axe BRU when the high speed train is finished? I still see the 5 daily flights (still ER and F70) for next Summer.
No not less competition "LJ", Continental said they will not increase their operations to AMS but they will not downgrade either (or stop 1 of their 2 destinations in AMS). So the competition for AF/KLM will be harder than in the time CO was a partner because than they coöperated. CO said AMS isn't that important anymore to increase their operations but they are still important enough to maintain the flights like they are there now. They will upgrade Star-hubs, and AMS/CDG aren't but that doesn't mean they will downgrade. ;)

SabenaForever

Post by SabenaForever »

SAS will add a new daily flight from CPH from 28 March.

SK1591 CPH1120 – 1250BRU CR9 x67
SK1592 BRU1325 – 1455CPH CR9 x67

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

Hi everybody !

I just checked the KEF-BRU-KEF timetable and it appears that the Friday flight will have a different schedule...

Here's what I found :

KF 556 KEF 0740 BRU 1250 5
KF 557 BRU 1440 KEF 1605 5

KF 558 KEF 1620 BRU 2135 1
KF 559 BRU 2230 KEF 2355 1

Sorry if already mentionned

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Is the BRU-CDG flight operated by brussels airlines own metal confirmed? Eff. when?

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

When they promoted their AFI network in paris some weeks ago (17/18 november I think) they said they will terminate the contract with Europe Airpost (that was already planned for this winter but it was unpossible because of the contract). So they said they will operate the route themself and two times a day so not 1 daily like it is today but twice daily. But it isn't loaded in the bookingsystems yet. SN is now still very bussy to streamline their network with the Star network, a lot carriers already announced their summer shedule but SN is still working on it. And especially the AFI flights will change a lot next summer (new A333) and because of AF they wait as long as possible to announce new AFI routes and frequencies. And I suppose the other flights will be affected by possible new codeshares (Austrian, SAS...) and the new AFI flights, so I think we have to wait some weeks/months for SN's final summer shedule.

claude

Post by claude »

in last issue of airliner world january 2010
BMI restructuring

....nine aircraft will be retired from his fleet in 2010
.....services on loss making routes from LHR including to AMS ,BRU,...will be suspended during the first quarter of 2010
What about the traffic between LHR and BRU , only by BA in this time??
Who have other informations??

thanks

Claude

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

claude wrote:in last issue of airliner world january 2010
BMI restructuring

....nine aircraft will be retired from his fleet in 2010
.....services on loss making routes from LHR including to AMS ,BRU,...will be suspended during the first quarter of 2010
What about the traffic between LHR and BRU , only by BA in this time??
Who have other informations??

thanks

Claude
I suppose you didn't read some topics here. Brussels Airlines will take over 4 of the 6 daily flights of BMI to LHR from 10 January. SN will drop the twice daily flight to LGW from 10 january. BMI will stop their flights to BRU from 9 january.

claude

Post by claude »

I am dissapointed for this bad intervention . It is a long way to read nine pages before to ask a question
Thanks for your happy response.
Claude

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

claude wrote:I am dissapointed for this bad intervention . It is a long way to read nine pages before to ask a question
Thanks for your happy response.
Claude
I never ment it in a negative way. I only said it because there is a very big topic about these flights and if you go a few pages back in this topic you will found the flight hours to.
But it was never my intentention to do like you are to lazy to read the topic. But I only said it because it is a bit weird that you don't know anything about because we discuss these flights for days in a very bussy topic. And because of your question it seems you don't followed that topic.
I'm sorry if you understand it wrong. ;)

kleineboy

Post by kleineboy »

Vueling
Brussels - Vigo
29-03-2010 3/7

And Amsterdam - La Coruna and Bilbao

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

Code: Select all

VY 1703  VGO 1545  BRU 1755  320  136
VY 1704  BRU 1830  VGO 2045  320  136
Last edited by sdbelgium on 23 Dec 2009, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.