OLT probably starts new route BRU-EHGG!

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

SabenaForever

OLT probably starts new route BRU-EHGG!

Post by SabenaForever »

At the end of the year OLT probably starts routes to Copenhagen and Brussels from Groningen...
The airport want a route to a international hub...

http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/news/?ID=31451
(only dutch)

andorra-airport

Re: OLT probably starts new route BRU-EHGG!

Post by andorra-airport »

I hope it will work. Flights from Groningen to Amsterdam never were successful (I remember days with 0 passengers).

Malaysia

Post by Malaysia »

I hope not i'm sure nobody will fly... It would be better if `their wase a flight to EHBK, Maastricht because much of people travel from maastricht to Brussels Airport..

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Maastricht is too close to Brussels to justify airline service. And the train connection is quite good.

As for Groningen: do VLM still fly to London City from there? An extension of their LCY-AMS service, ISTR?

Malaysia

Post by Malaysia »

Yeah right train is good, Common do you like 50+ Delay on your train and you hear ''The train to Brussel-Zuid will not depart.'' Next train is on 19.10 and it's 15.10! For sure your flight is gone

andorra-airport

Post by andorra-airport »

"As for Groningen: do VLM still fly to London City from there? An extension of their LCY-AMS service, ISTR?"

They stopped the 1e of July last year the route groningen-amsterdam-london. Guess why.........

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Groningen-Amsterdam is a domestic flight in a small country, that don't work. And in the beginning VLM was very happy with the amount of passangers on the flights Amsterdam-Groningen-London-City. So I think a flight to Brussels and Copenhagen from Groningen can work. Daily two Metroliners that are only 38 seats so that isn't to much I think.

FLYAIR10

Post by FLYAIR10 »

in the beginning VLM was very happy with the amount of passangers on the flights Amsterdam-Groningen-London-City
Maybe, if they have the ambition,OLT could re-start flts to LCY? Would a flight Groningen-BRU-LCY not be feasible. (I know VLM had to give up BRU-LCY and EHGG-AMS-LCY,but maybe there is nevertheless still a need for an airconnection between BRU /EHGG and LCY.. ) .
Two flights a day serving LCY could work,imho.(EHGG-BRU-LCY &vv)
So flights would be filled by
1) O&D traffic EHGG-BRU
EHGG-LCY
BRU-LCY
2) Transit-PAX via BRU from both EHGG and LCY (OLT is now feeding SN-africa flights from Bremen)

Maybe OLT's SF-340 would be best suitable to get started with Metroliner as back-up .(allowed to use LCY?).

Grtz.Flyair10

LJ

Post by LJ »

FLYAIR10 wrote: Maybe, if they have the ambition,OLT could re-start flts to LCY? Would a flight Groningen-BRU-LCY not be feasible.
I don´t think anyone from GRQ will fly to LCY via BRU. It adds a lot of time... People from GRQ are probably qicker in London when flying ex BRE.

If AMS-GRQ doesn´t work than BRU-GRQ won´t work either. AMS is a much bigger hub than BRU and I can´t think of any company based in the Groningen area which needs flights to/from Africa. Furthermore, unlike AMS-GRQ there isn´t any O&D traffic. However, it´s always good to see someone tries a new route ex GRQ.

BTW the route to CPH is not a crazy idea.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

I don't now if you ever look at the routes between Amsterdam and Groningen and Brussels and Groningen.
With the car Brussels- Groningen is 360km. The route Amsterdam-Groningen is only 180km with the car. Now you can say why a route Groningen- Amsterdam with a Fokker 50 (50 pax) didn't work and a route Groningen-Brussels with a Metroliner (19 pax) CAN work. And when OLT would perform this route with good connections to AFI of SN that is a huge advantage. 7 of the 14 destinations of SN in AFI are not performd by Air France/KLM (KLM is even flying les AFI destinations than SN) so reasons enough for dutch people to come to BRU, right? And if OLT perform on a good way this can attract a lot of passangers from South Holland. The route to AMS is way to easy to drive with a car, when you need to drive 360km with a car to take a plane in BRU to a AFI destination wich isn't served by KLM. Than I would take the plane for sure.