Official: Miles & More to replace Privilege at SN

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

MAM

Re: Official: Miles & More to replace Privilege at SN

Post by MAM »

sn26567 wrote:Thanks, MAM, for these clear explanations.
MAM wrote:Before spending your 30k miles on a EU award always check the price of a revenue ticket, and in my opinion you should not even waste your 30k miles on a EU MAM award....
Alternatively you wait until 14 days before your flight to book your smart award for 15k miles and you spend another 15k miles to erase the taxes.
True, but a Fly smart MAM award is non changeable/refundable and there is a Sunday rule, so you need to be very sure of your travel dates.

fcw

Post by fcw »

sn26567 wrote:Thanks, MAM, for these clear explanation
Alternatively you wait until 14 days before your flight to book your smart award for only 15k miles and you use the saved 15k miles to erase the taxes.
BUT, fly smart is only available IF there are seats left in B-light, so your smart award is only available when very cheap tickets are available....

MAM

Post by MAM »

fcw wrote:
Alternatively you wait until 14 days before your flight to book your smart award for only 15k miles and you use the saved 15k miles to erase the taxes.
BUT, fly smart is only available IF there are seats left in B-light, so your smart award is only available when very cheap tickets are available....
This is not true, since MAM seats are b.flex seats on SN flights. If there is availability on any MAM fully integrated carrier the Fly Smart award is offered as of 14 days before the departure date in the booking engine.

fcw

Post by fcw »

MAM wrote:
fcw wrote:
This is not true, since MAM seats are b.flex seats on SN flights. If there is availability on any MAM fully integrated carrier the Fly Smart award is offered as of 14 days before the departure date in the booking engine.
This IS true!
I am talking about the AVAILABILITY of a MAM ticket. As soon as b-light tickets are sold out there are no more reward tickets available on that flight.
I do agree that you actually travel in B-flex, but that was not the point.
MAM tickets are only offered when very cheap tickets arer available, so MAM is a rip off!

MAM

Post by MAM »

I do not know where you got that information, but I can assure you that is not correct!

fcw

Post by fcw »

It is not an information, its a fact!
Just try to book and you will see, reward tickets (in economy) are only available if there are seats available in B-light.

MAM

Post by MAM »

fcw wrote:It is not an information, its a fact!
Just try to book and you will see, reward tickets (in economy) are only available if there are seats available in B-light.
Again, the RBD's for MAM award seats are b.flex RBD's on Brussels Airlines flights, so nothing to do with b.light :roll:

fcw

Post by fcw »

MAM wrote:
fcw wrote:It is not an information, its a fact!
Again, the RBD's for MAM award seats are b.flex RBD's on Brussels Airlines flights, so nothing to do with b.light :roll:

And again!
Please read SLOWLY MAM: the ACTUAL seat in which you will be sitting is b-flex indeed,
BUT when there are no b-light seats available, you will not be able to redeem a reward ticket in b-flex economy!!! :roll:

MAM

Post by MAM »

And how did you check this, online? To check the availability online is not 100% reliable since not all SN flights are bookable on the MAM website, and it might give you a false impression.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

It seems that fcw and MAM are on a collision course. Both are bringing valid arguments, but the truth remains unknown.

From my own experience, I always wait until 14 days before the date of the flight to book a Fly Smart trip, and I never had any trouble getting it. If there is no direct flight available I always get a sufficient number of one stop alternatives (but this increases the cost of the taxes, which can be offset by a fixed fee of 15,000 miles).

Anyone else who can share his experience?
André
ex Sabena #26567

MAM

Post by MAM »

sn26567 wrote:It seems that fcw and MAM are on a collision course. Both are bringing valid arguments, but the truth remains unknown.
Who is right I leave in the middle, but I can tell you that I see MAM availability on a daily basis.

sn26567 wrote:Anyone else who can share his experience?
Fligts over FRA and ZRH are most of the times available when departing fro BRU, but not many PAX want them because of the lost of time and money on taxes, so that's why they are most of the time available :roll:

Charlie Roy

Post by Charlie Roy »

I hope this is the correct forum to ask this.

I will travel with Air Canada for the first time this summer. For air miles what is the best thing to do:
* Register with Air Canada's Aeroplan?
* Give my Miles & More number? (Where I have already earned miles from Brussels Airlines, Lufthansa and Swiss)

SN1203

Post by SN1203 »

As AC's Aeroplan and Miles & More are two different frequent flyer programs, the amount of miles/points you can collect on your trip might be different.

However, as both FFPs belong to Star Alliances carriers, I'd just collect them on my existing Miles & More account. Otherwise you end up with miles in different programs, which means that you'll have to wait much longer before you've reached sufficient miles on each program to exchange it for flights etc. I'd really limit myself to just one FFP per alliance.

Ducatibiker

Post by Ducatibiker »

It all depends of your flight frequency, flight pattern and place of origin. If you are going to do a lot of AC, in the same booking class, have a look at the different programs of Star Alliance. Let me illustrate this with two examples.
1-Austrian Airline VIE to BKK - Booking Class W. On Miles and More you will 50% of the miles but on UnitedMileage Plus you will get 100% of the miles.
2-Swiss - ZRH-DXB-Booking Class Z: 200% on Miles and More, 125% on United

Charlie Roy

Post by Charlie Roy »

Thanks for the information guys. Typically I do a fair amount of short haul with Brussels Airlines and Lufthansa.
I will shortly do Hong Kong with Swiss. Then a series of North American flights with Air Canada. Later in the year I will probably be travelling to Los Angeles with Swiss. So I'm thinking I'll be best off to keep it all Miles & More...

fets

Post by fets »

Charlie Roy wrote:Thanks for the information guys. Typically I do a fair amount of short haul with Brussels Airlines and Lufthansa.
I will shortly do Hong Kong with Swiss. Then a series of North American flights with Air Canada. Later in the year I will probably be travelling to Los Angeles with Swiss. So I'm thinking I'll be best off to keep it all Miles & More...
Do you even get close to FTL (*S) qualification in Miles & More ? It might be worth investigating joining Aegean Airlines frequent flyer program, as you only need 4000 miles to qualify for Star Alliance Silver and 20K for Gold. If you are just banking up miles, but not obtaining any elite status, there's no real advantage. Redeeming miles for intra-european flights seems like a waste to me...