When will details about SNs new code sharing be available

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

euroflyer

When will details about SNs new code sharing be available

Post by euroflyer »

Hi,

it has been reported in different statements here in the forum about the future code sharing of SN in the upcoming summer timetable. According to those reports SN will codeshare with LH on all German routes except for MUC, they are due to start code sharing with Aegean, etcetera.

But until today I still cannot find any sign of those code share flights either in SNs booking enginge and timetables nor in those of LH or the other potential airlines ?!

It is only 2 weeks left before the new summer timetable will be effective and people are booking their fights already today for April, May etcetera. And it ususally can make a (price) difference if you book the same flight with the operating airline or a code-share partner; plus it opens more possibilities to combine in- and outbound flights; plus it gives you a choice between different frequent flyer programmes you may 'use' for certain flights in order to keep a statuts ...

Why does it take so long to load those new information in the systems? Or are there still items to be solved last minute about competition rules etcetera? And could anybody provide a full list of future SN codeshare partners? There are a number of open questions I think around some of their current partners BA to London, AZ, Malmö Aviation, Finnair, ... and potential new partners SAS, LH Italia, bmi to London, Spanair, Austrian, ...
Thank you for any information!
Star Alliance Gold / LH Senator
A300 A318 A319 A320 A321 A340 B737 B747 B757 B767 MD81 MD82 MD90 Tu134 IL18 BAe146 RJ85 RJ100 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 ERJ145 E170 E195 F50 F70 F100 ATR42 ATR72 Q300 Q400
http://my.flightmemory.com/euroflyer

BrightCedars

Re: When will details about SNs new code sharing be available

Post by BrightCedars »

I can only second your request for information and I do as I wish to express my own interest in this matter.

Who? What? When? Where? And most important, when can we earn SN miles on LH flight worldwide or have the merge of Privilege into Miles&More.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Some insight:

the thing is that SN wants to benefit ASAP from any possible synergy they can think of and as such things will be announced and added on short notice be it on the lounge access, the FFP, or the code-shares, rather than wait for the end of October (i.e. the target date for star alliance membership).

A nice example are the LH codeshares on Germany: they have been officially announced, but aren't loaded in the systems yet, nor do the LH flights have been given SN flightnumbers. All this can be expected in the coming weeks, so initially there is not much benefit to be expected from them, especially not since many SN flights are still scheduled in direct competition to LH flights, but over time things will be getting more and more alligned and in the mean time even the occasional synergy is taken in as an extra profit...

As such, I'd expect a pretty messy timetable between now and the end of October, with partners from different alliances being added and dropped in the middle of the IATA season, as soon as the conditions are fit for it.

euroflyer

Post by euroflyer »

tolipanebas wrote: A nice example are the LH codeshares on Germany: they have been officially announced
Hm, where have they been 'officially' announced? They are not mentioned on the SN website, not on the LH website, no press release, in no booking machine or timetable (or I have missed it :oops: ), no information to frequent flyers either on the side of LH or on SN ... ... ...
A300 A318 A319 A320 A321 A340 B737 B747 B757 B767 MD81 MD82 MD90 Tu134 IL18 BAe146 RJ85 RJ100 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 ERJ145 E170 E195 F50 F70 F100 ATR42 ATR72 Q300 Q400

HighInTheSky

Post by HighInTheSky »

euroflyer wrote:
tolipanebas wrote: A nice example are the LH codeshares on Germany: they have been officially announced
Hm, where have they been 'officially' announced? They are not mentioned on the SN website, not on the LH website, no press release, in no booking machine or timetable (or I have missed it :oops: ), no information to frequent flyers either on the side of LH or on SN ... ... ...
On the website of SN...
http://company.brusselsairlines.com/en/ ... :141-19303

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

And now on Luchtzak Latest news: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=39305

Sorry for late posting, as I have been absent from home for a few days.
André
ex Sabena #26567

euroflyer

Post by euroflyer »

HighInTheSky wrote:
euroflyer wrote:
On the website of SN...
http://company.brusselsairlines.com/en/ ... :141-19303
Sorry, must have missed that one than :oops: :oops: . However, again a poor example of communication to Privilege members ... why don't we receive an email on this? Another missed marketing opportunity...

Ducatibiker

Post by Ducatibiker »

Reading the press release I found that since mid February the frequent flyers of Brussels Airlines and Lufthansa can use both carriers’ airport lounges. Can Platinum members use the HON CIRCLE lounge in FRA or MUC ?
Why aren't Privilege members informed ? Why don't they invite the Platinum members to a special event as it is written on the web site ? It is not only missed marketing but also missed relationship with their best customers.

euroflyer

Post by euroflyer »

Ducatibiker wrote:Reading the press release I found that since mid February the frequent flyers of Brussels Airlines and Lufthansa can use both carriers’ airport lounges. Can Platinum members use the HON CIRCLE lounge in FRA or MUC ?
Why aren't Privilege members informed ? Why don't they invite the Platinum members to a special event as it is written on the web site ? It is not only missed marketing but also missed relationship with their best customers.
Yeah !! And it is even worse, I flew from BRU several times since that lounge policy is in place with both LH and SN and went to the different lounges. Nobody at the reception desk said a word about it. Only once you enter the SN lounge in BRU you see a sign it is now as well a "Lufthansa Senator" lounge. So the usual C class pax of LH still have to go to the "old" lounge used by LH whereas we as Senator in theory are now invited to the SN lounge. In practice the reception does not tell you this. But anyway, as LH Senator you have access via Star Gold status as well to the SAS lounge in BRU and that is much nicer, so I will continue to use that one.

Same in Frankfurt, at SN check-in pax with privilege Gold Status are not even informed about the possibility to use a LH lounge. However, one has to admit as SN flights usually depart from gates C1 or B1/2 there is no real point to go to a LH lounge as you would have to pass security several times to go in and out, but still, it should at least be somewhat communicated to their most loyal customers. Same as with the code-share. SN / Privilege could easily see I am doing 20 or so flights a year in b-flex with them between Germany and Belgium alone, so the news would clearly be of interest for me ...

Avro

Post by Avro »

What about the merger of privilege into miles and more ? Any news about that ?

I'm both privilege and miles & more member.

Thanks

Chris

HighInTheSky

Post by HighInTheSky »

Avro wrote:What about the merger of privilege into miles and more ? Any news about that ?
I always hear that by the end of October everything should be switched from Privilege to Miles and More. Anyone with an update?

euroflyer

Post by euroflyer »

OK, here we are than, I just checked and it is working, LH flights seem all to have received SN7xxx flight numbers and SN flights have LH53xx numbers as far as I could see.

One question remains open for me: If I book with SNs website for example FRA-BRU-FRA I have the choice between 5 booking classes and three levels of service (two b.light, two b.flex and b.business), with LHs website I just have economy and business. Quite clear to me whatever of the four b.light or b.flex classes I book with SN, if it is a LH flight I will end up in economy without any differences for the service (that is probably the reason why b.light is already showing as "sold out" for most of the LH operated flights on SNs website). Fine. But what happens if I book economy with LHs website for a SN operated flight??? Will I end up in b.light or in b.flex??? That does make a difference ...

We will see, I guess it will not take me long before I will just have to try it ...

This is a big step forward!!

Any other major changes to the code-share agreements on non Belgium-Germany routes already visible?

Established02

Post by Established02 »

euroflyer wrote:But what happens if I book economy with LHs website for a SN operated flight???
Will I end up in b.light or in b.flex???
There is a so called "class mapping" through which certain SN booking classes are uniquely linked with certain LH booking classes. This class mapping has been fixed and agreed upon by both airlines. The values of these linked booking classes somewhat correspond, without being exactly the same. So for travel in b.flex on SN metal, you will anyway end up paying a similar fare, whether you book through the SN site or through the LH site. When you select "economy flex" on the LH site, then you will fly b.flex on the SN operated segments.

euroflyer

Post by euroflyer »

Yeah, hm, when you book via a travel agency you can tell them to book woth LH flex eco or non-flex eco; you can of course find out with a web booking as well. But the standard web booking tool just gives you the cheapest eco fare still available and depending on the day and flight that can be flex or non-flex, but it is not directly telling you this (only if you click on 'conditions' or something like this) and it does not mention at all that you will NOT receive a free drink and a (VERY) small snack for free if you book an SN operated flight with a non-flex LH eco booking. Let's see if there will be complaints from LH pax, but I guess the situation does exist today on SAS operated flights as well, so it should work somehow.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

The issue you bring up here isn't new: it has been around already a long time when dealing with all the other code-share partners. For instance: where are AY, or MA's economy pax seated when they fly an SN flight?
At the beginning they were seated mostly in b.light (with only the higher yielding onces seated in b.flex), but as far as I know this was changed some time ago and most -if not all- economy pax from code-share partners are now automatically seated in b.flex.
I think the same mechanism will be used for LH.
Personally, I can't see LH allowing its economy pax to be seated in a retail class like b.light, certainly not knowing their reputation for offering a good quality product all round and their history of dealing with such classes at the airlines they've taken over (LX), so I am pretty sure you'll automatically end up in b.flex.
I am also pretty sure b.light is going to be fully scrapped once LH takes (full) control of SN. Mark my words for it, but that's another discussion...

As to the 'merged' time table, it looks like there is still some work to do,as personally I don't think you'll see 2 flights leave within 10 minutes of each other for a long time still...

Somebody cares to post an overview of the time tables to HAM, TXL and FRA?

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

euroflyer wrote:Any other major changes to the code-share agreements on non Belgium-Germany routes already visible?
I checked all the euro destinations of SN on brusselsairport.be and it appears that LH will codeshare from BRU to BCN, BHX, Bristol (BRS), MAD, MAN, NCE and TLS... ;)

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

tolipanebas wrote:Somebody cares to post an overview of the time tables to HAM, TXL and FRA?
For tomorrow:

Code: Select all

LH/CL     4621   BRU  08:40     HAM  09:50     
SN        2623   BRU  08:50     HAM  10:05     
LH/CL     4627   BRU  11:50     HAM  13:00     
SN        2625   BRU  16:40     HAM  17:55     
LH/CL     4623   BRU  17:05     HAM  18:15     
SN        2629   BRU  19:35     HAM  20:50 

SN        2607   BRU  06:30     FRA  07:40     
LH        4593   BRU  07:10     FRA  08:10     
LH        4571   BRU  08:45     FRA  09:45     
LH        4573   BRU  10:40     FRA  11:40     
LH        4577   BRU  14:40     FRA  15:40     
SN        2613   BRU  17:15     FRA  18:20     
LH/EW     4581   BRU  17:35     FRA  18:40     
LH        4583   BRU  18:35     FRA  19:35     
LH        4585   BRU  19:20     FRA  20:20     
LH/EW     4589   BRU  20:15     FRA  21:20     

LH/CL     4641   BRU  08:35     TXL  09:55     
SN        2581   BRU  09:45     TXL  11:15     
LH/CL     4643   BRU  12:10     TXL  13:30     
SN        2585   BRU  15:20     TXL  16:45     
LH/CL     4645   BRU  15:50     TXL  17:10     
SN        2587   BRU  16:45     TXL  18:10     
LH/CL     4647   BRU  19:25     TXL  20:45     
SN        2589   BRU  19:35     TXL  21:05     
Airbus A330 wrote:it appears that LH will codeshare from BRU to BCN, BHX, Bristol (BRS), MAD, MAN, NCE and TLS
+ BIO, MRS, VNO (on SN metal)

+ FRA to (on LH metal):
  • GOT
  • KRK
  • LIS
  • PRG
  • VNO
  • WAW
+ MUC to (on LH metal):
  • GOT
  • LIS
  • WAW

BrightCedars

Post by BrightCedars »

Thanks for these schedules, so one could expect HAM to go down to 4 daily frequencies, depending on the hardware available, eventually 5 daily. I'm not sure there's any sense left for SN metal at FRA seeing the timings and the offer on LH's part, as far TXL it looks like 1 or 2 daily frequencies can be scrapped if it's possible to upgrade the hardware capacity.

This could free up a complete FTE bird for SN and allow them to use several birds on those precious early morning trips to other business destinations in Europe.

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

HighInTheSky wrote:I always hear that by the end of October everything should be switched from Privilege to Miles and More. Anyone with an update?
At the start of the summer timetable, the two carriers are launching a frequent flyer programme partnership. Brussels Airlines Privilege members will then be able to earn award and status miles on all flights operated by Lufthansa and also redeem any miles accumulated prior to that date for award tickets on Lufthansa flights. Conversely, Lufthansa Miles & More members will have their account credited with all the premium, status and HON Circle miles earned on flights operated by Brussels Airlines and will also be able to book award flights with Brussels Airlines. In addition, status customers of both carriers will enjoy additional privileges such as more generous free baggage allowances and preferential baggage claim. Lufthansa status customers flying with Brussels Airlines will also be able to use Brussels Airlines’ Business Class check-in counters. Likewise, Brussels Airlines’ Platinum and Gold passengers will have access to Lufthansa’s First or Business Class check-in counters.
http://company.brusselsairlines.com/en/ ... :141-19304

summersso

Post by summersso »

Slightly off topic, but do we expect SN to change their booking engine to Amadeus like other airlines in the LH Group (and most Star Alliance airlines)?