Brucargo: cargo routes, news, Brucargo West, Diabolo.

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Atlantis

Brucargo: cargo routes, news, Brucargo West, Diabolo.

Post by Atlantis »

A new topic specific for a large part of the airport.

Cargo B is going to expand. As from 23 March they are going to serve Caracas (CCS) direct from Brussels Airport. Caracas will be the first destination with a direct link (cargo link) to Europe.

Cargo B will fly this route on Monday and this once a week with their B744F. The other destinations: VCP, LTX and BOG, will be served 3 times a week as today.

Atlantis

Re: Brucargo: cargo routes, news, Brucargo West, Diabolo.

Post by Atlantis »

Singapore Airlines Cargo is also going to expand. After some charters to South-America the last couple of weeks/months they get permission for a weekly scheduled cargo service between Brussels Airport and South-America.

On day 6 they are going to serve VCP, UIO and BOG out of Brussels Airport and this effective from 14 March with their B744F

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Brussels Airlines Cargo received a new big client: Time:matters (a company of the Lufthansa cargo group)

This company will use Brussels Airlines European network for their sameday documents/parcels. This means that transit via Frankfurt or München will be history and everything is going direct via Brussels Airport.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Seems that cargo is not doing that bad finally. We can see hope here. 3 good news the same day, almost unbelievable !
I just heard on TV that the 6 belgian airports represent 77.000 jobs and 2% of the GDP, and growing.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

More news about the START-project.

In fact it's old news when you follow this project but I think it is new for the members on this forum.
Today we could read in the newspaper "Het Nieuwsblad" that the next stage in the START-project will be two new tram lines in the region of Brussels Airport. One new line will be build between Vilvoorde (trainstation), Machelen and Zaventem. A second new line will be from the NATO to the airport.

I don't know at this moment if they will foresee in a tram station at Brucargo but because of the more then thousand employees daily it would be a good point to have one.

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Acid-drop wrote:Seems that cargo is not doing that bad finally. We can see hope here. 3 good news the same day, almost unbelievable !
I just heard on TV that the 6 belgian airports represent 77.000 jobs and 2% of the GDP, and growing.
6? Is that 6th Kortrijk-Wevelgem? That's a bit out of the way as it is the only non-public airport (and it is not in controlled airspace like Belgium's 5 public airports but that's a pilot's affair, not an economical issue)

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

SabenaForever

Post by SabenaForever »

Asiana Cargo gets green light to begin a route to Halifax soon!

1 weekly on the following route: Seoul-Anchorage-New York-Halifax-Brussels-Seoul

Asiana cargo is allowed to exercise 5th freedom rights on the Halifax - Brussels sector

Mavke

Post by Mavke »

Hi,

Brussels loose also 1 cargo flight Lufthansa wil stop BRU-EMA-JFK-BRU end of may ,after many years of operation .

the BRU-LOS-BRU flight from EAT wil be downgrated from MD-11 to a new B767F

Makes the end of World Airlines ops at Brussels ( for the moment )

ken

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hi

Yeah last year I 'heard' (not going to give more details about that ;) ) him arriving many times, quite late on the evening. Is this flight actually operated by a LH cargo MD-11F or is it operated by World Cargo or other?
I've always wondered myself but never actually asked someone.

Regards, Yannick ;)

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

Bruspotter wrote:Hi

Yeah last year I 'heard' (not going to give more details about that ;) ) him arriving many times, quite late on the evening. Is this flight actually operated by a LH cargo MD-11F or is it operated by World Cargo or other?
I've always wondered myself but never actually asked someone.

Regards, Yannick ;)
The flight is operated by a World a/c with LH flight code. I often handle the cargo for it but the correct code I cant remember wrigth now. I think its LH7285 if I'm not mistaken.

Mavke

Post by Mavke »

the flightno was LH8285-8284 ;-)

lets hope its not resulting in jobloses ...

ken

Established02

Post by Established02 »

Mavke wrote:Brussels loose also 1 cargo flight Lufthansa wil stop BRU-EMA-JFK-BRU end of may ,after many years of operation.
I believe this operation started with LH metal and was then later on sourced out to third parties.

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... humbnails=
Attachments
BRU - 1999 - LH - B742 - 0035826.jpg

OO-VEX

Post by OO-VEX »

Mavke wrote:Hi,

Brussels loose also 1 cargo flight Lufthansa wil stop BRU-EMA-JFK-BRU end of may ,after many years of operation .

the BRU-LOS-BRU flight from EAT wil be downgrated from MD-11 to a new B767F

Makes the end of World Airlines ops at Brussels ( for the moment )

ken
As this flight was a joint venture between Lufthansa Cargo and DHL, does someone know what will happen with the DHL traffic?
Moved to other existing flights? Like Kalitta?
Rerouted via Leipzig?
Introduction of B767F of DHL on BRU-JFK?

OO-VEX

willem

Post by willem »

as the flights to JFK will be done by 767's going out of EMA. Probably most will be rerouted via LEJ or feeders from BRU to EMA (on 757/A300) Due to container issue (different size) it will most probably be done by 757, as the big containers which are operated with the A300 don't fit in a 767...And reloading looks to me like a time loosing issue...

AF036

Post by AF036 »

As far as DHL is concerned at BRU:
The Lagos flight should normally be flown by DHK 767 from BRU.
The BGY-TLV should continue to be operated from BRU by DLJ, EAT hasn't authorisation from Israel to fly out of LEJ (yet?)
I guess we will keep hub-to-hub links with BRU in the future like VIT, BGY, EMA and CPH.
but everything is possible with DHL! our routes are always changing...

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Can somebody, employees of Cargo B, confirm the news that Cargo B will receive in May their second B747-400F? And possible cargo flights to Africa? Would it be the same destinations as when they started their ops?

Regards

http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/news/?id=29939

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

Atlantis wrote:Can somebody, employees of Cargo B, confirm the news that Cargo B will receive in May their second B747-400F? And possible cargo flights to Africa? Would it be the same destinations as when they started their ops?

Regards

http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/news/?id=29939
It's not a confirmation but it looks like their destinations in Africa are: FIH, JNB, LFW, JRO(?), NBO and LBV.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Brubiac wrote:JRO(?)
Kilimanjaro.

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

Conti764 wrote:
Brubiac wrote:JRO(?)
Kilimanjaro.
I knew what it was but I find it a strange destination.