Jetairfly boeing 767 delayed today

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

LX-LGX

Re: Jetairfly boeing 767 delayed today

Post by LX-LGX »

Seems it's difficult for some here to understand that involuntury failures or errors are not the same as force majeure / overmacht / hand of God, and that involuntury failures or errors can mean that the company is legally responsible for the consequences.

Let me give you another example :

if a luggage truck from the handling agent hits a plane, the airline is responsible for the forthcoming delays. Because it could have been avoided if the airline would have engaged a handling company with more careful drivers, or would have instructed its drivers to drive more carefully. Thus obligations to the airline: meals, drinks, hotel room if overnight is necessary, airline must rerout or rebook add-on flights.

if a firetruck from the airport's fire brigade hits a plane, the airline is not responsible for forthcoming delays. Thus limited obligations for the airline (as per Art. 8 from 261/2004): assistance to pax, free rerouting or rebooking if it's possible, no meals, no drinks, no hotel room. Because fire brigade = authority = out of the airline's control = hand of God / overmacht / force majeure.

So, back to the diapers: Jetair has given the passengers meals and drinks, I've been told. That's already a confirmation that they accept it was no hand of God. I don't know what the Jetair rep at destination has offered the pax - could be a free city trip or so. But if they haven't offered anything yet, the pax are entitled to reimboursement of half a day from their holiday package (ex. package from 10 days, total 2.000 euro = 200 euro/day = refund of 100 euro).

JAF737

Post by JAF737 »

LX-LGX wrote:
So, back to the diapers: Jetair has given the passengers meals and drinks, I've been told. That's already a confirmation that they accept it was no hand of God.
That doesn't mean they accept it was no hand of God. Passengers receive meals & drinks after 2 hours of delay, whatever the delay is.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

I wonder if these people flush their diapers at home through the toilet as well? Passengers really check in their brain with their bag.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hey,

JAF must be lucky that they flushed the diaper,
some idiots in this country (B) even burn their diapers to get rid of them :lol: ,
imagine that delay ( think you get a free meal and fire-show ! )
what's next idiots ? 8-)

CX-B

IMAGINE PEOPLE WHO DID THIS -HAVING BRAINS- FOR MAKING AND RAISE A BABY UUUUGHHHHH !!!!!!! :evil:
New types flown 2022.. A339