BHX - Banjul with Brussels Airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Comet

BHX - Banjul with Brussels Airlines

Post by Comet »

I read the other day that Brussels Airlines will be operating a twice weekly service from BHX to Banjul.

Is this permanent or just a seasonal route? And if so, does it go via BRU or is it non stop?
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Re: BHX - Banjul with Brussels Airlines

Post by sab319 »

it will most likely be via Brussels because I don't think the bilateral between the UK and Gambia allows a Belgian company to fly direct between the two (but I can be wrong of course)

Banjul is the capital of Gambia not Ghana, it's been corrected. Brubiac

Comet

Post by Comet »

Thanks sab. The flight will be operated by A330 I assume? If so, it would be good for BHX-BRU passengers to go on one of the larger planes rather than the more usual RJ or A319 which has operated between BRU and BHX.

Will be good for the BHX spotters too.
Louise

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

Comet wrote:Thanks sab. The flight will be operated by A330 I assume? If so, it would be good for BHX-BRU passengers to go on one of the larger planes rather than the more usual RJ or A319 which has operated between BRU and BHX.

Will be good for the BHX spotters too.
So a new route is born, out of rumours...

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Comet wrote:I read the other day that Brussels Airlines will be operating a twice weekly service from BHX to Banjul.

Is this permanent or just a seasonal route? And if so, does it go via BRU or is it non stop?
What is the source of your news Comet ?

I never heard about a direct BHX-BJL before, so I guess it's Birmingham to Brussels then to Banjul.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Comet wrote:I read the other day that Brussels Airlines will be operating a twice weekly service from BHX to Banjul.

I don't think that SN is going to operate from BHX to Banjul. They can afford to send one of their 4 A330 to an other European country for a flight to Africa and this twice a week. Besides, SN is going to increase two of their African destinations during July and August.

This is how I see it. BMI will be a much more important partner then BA. At this moment there is one morning flight a day with connection possibilities to Africa via Brussels Airport. They, BMI and SN, can expand their cooporation.

SN1203

Post by SN1203 »

SN will not send an A330 to BHX of course... Brussels Airlines flies twice a week from Brussels to Banjul, you probably saw a promotion of Brussels Airlines for flights from BHX to BJL, but you need to change planes at BRU.

Comet

Post by Comet »

It's Dakar, sorry :oops: But it's still advertising BHX-Dakar twice a week with Brussels Airlines.

The article is in the BHX magazine and is on the internet here http://www.cloudninemagazine.co.uk/worl ... negal.aspx

Look in the green box on the left of the article and you'll see what I mean. It doesn't say the flights are via BRU (there is an NZ article in the magazine too which features EK flights via Dubai but it does not mention that the Dakar flight is via anywhere else).
Louise

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

Winter 2008/09 & Summer 2009

Wednesday and Saturday flights from Gatwick, Manchester and Birmingham to Dakar.

* No regional flight supplements
* 3, 4, 7, 10, 11, 14 night and longer durations available
* Convenient connection times via Brussels
* 46kg luggage allowance in economy class
* Upgrades to Business Class available – please call for details

Source: http://www.senegal.co.uk/Docs/Travel-In ... ights.aspx

shockcooling

Post by shockcooling »

OMFG

How stupid is this topic,

Avro from BHX to BRU and then furter with 330 to Banjul.

If I book my next ticket from BRU to asia with ie LH (they have commercials on the radio quite often),there will not be 747/340 waiting for me in BRU :roll:

SC