Abnormalities at BRU / ANR / LGG / CRL / OST

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sdbelgium

Re: Abnormalities at BRU / ANR / LGG / CRL / OST

Post by sdbelgium »

SN2337 BRU-HEL returned to Brussels and landed around 1405 LT. Plane was OO-DJV, Avro RJ85.

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

Seems there is (there was?) a problem with today's SN465 to Entebbe/Kigali.

Charlie Roy

Post by Charlie Roy »

Tonight's arrivals at Charleroi (CRL):
FR4525 22:50 MILAN BERGAMO
FR6056 22:55 VENICE TREVISO
FR6108 22:55 ROME CIAMPINO
all getting diverted to Lille. Air Traffic control strike.

snowbird

Post by snowbird »

Does anyone know which RYANAIR flights were cancelled from CRL this morning May 19th, due to divertion of 3 a/c yesterday evening to LILLE.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Ciampino and Alicante

jbr

Post by jbr »

JAF 6048 from Catane Olbia scheduled 1h20 delayed till 16h15 ,OO-TUC ? tracking of Brussels airport give 767.

FQ 6359 from Almeria scheduled yesterday at 12h55 delayed till 10h00 this morning.

Cartman

Post by Cartman »

The CTA flight was normally operated by OO-VAS, but due to a technical problem it was replaced by OO-TUC. TUC was back from maintenance in SNN since a few days but broke down in CTA :(

Today's longhaul flight will be operated by Arkefly 763 instead of the infamous TUC.
I'm in love with my lust, burning angelwings to dust, I wish I had your angel tonight...
www.myrre.be

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

The Flemish newspaper HLN.be mentions that Belgocontrol at CRL will probably go on strike at 23h00 tonight (Wednesday).

Reason for the strike: the previous strike was too long ago.

Outsync

Post by Outsync »

LX-LGX wrote:The Flemish newspaper HLN.be mentions that Belgocontrol at CRL will probably go on strike at 23h00 tonight (Wednesday).

Reason for the strike: the previous strike was too long ago.
Incroyable! :o

Malaysia

Post by Malaysia »

Hahaha! I agree with you! :D

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

A small crash landing this morning at CRL : PH-RCM with undercarriage malfunction landed in the grass, without much difficulty nor any victim :

http://www.rtbf.be/info/regions/charler ... roi-113466

Not a Cessna, as said above, but a Socata GA-TB20 :

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/PH-RCM.html

MiguelBaert

Post by MiguelBaert »

Last night, about 3 Ryanair flights diverted to LGG. Luckily, ours from BGY didn't, but the one from Wroclaw which should have landed 5' before us did. We landed at about 23h.

Could this crash landing be the cause of this? Especially since the report states the runway was only closed for 30 minutes + it happened in the morning. The weather at CRL wasn't bad at all, just some crosswind.

I also saw a Ryanair plane push back that evening but it quickly pulled back to its stand.

Can anybody clarify this?

Miguel

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

the reason is the Belgocontrol strike.
And ryanair is not happy at all !! they say they could leave the airport if it happened one more time. Yeah again the same ridiculous blackmail ...

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Charleroi, unfortunately, has a real and traditional culture of striking at the slightest disagreement : there are not many industrial sites left, but the public sector is still there : airport, trains, buses. For instance, the TEC (urban buses) is on strike at the very least one day every week. ( Si vous voulez du bois qui ne travaille pas, prenez du tec wallon !).
Most of the time, they are wildcat strikes. It's a pity ...

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Press release Ryanair:

Ryanair, Europe’s largest low fares airline, today (4th June) condemned the selfish decision by Belgian Air Traffic Control (Belgocontrol) to effectively close Brussels South Charleroi Airport without warning, affecting the travel plans of thousands of Ryanair passengers as they continually walk off the job without notice or warning.

Ryanair called on the Chief Executive of Belgocontrol, Jean-Claude Tintin, and Walloon Transport Minister, Andre Antoine, to ensure that full air traffic control services are immediately restored to Brussels South Charleroi Airport to avoid further unnecessary disruption to thousands of Ryanair passengers.

Ryanair confirmed that since 18th May its passengers have had to endure flight diversions, delays and cancellations due to wildcat action by Belgian Air Traffic Controllers who enjoy generous salaries, pensions and guaranteed job security, unlike many of the passengers whose travel plans they severely disrupted. No notice was provided to Ryanair or the travelling public in advance of these walk-offs and no information has been provided as to any further disruptions, in another example of monopoly contempt for those passengers who pay air traffic controllers’ salaries.

Ryanair’s Stephen McNamara said:

“Ryanair will not tolerate the complete disregard shown by Belgian Air Traffic Controllers to our passengers. Ryanair has invested €560million at our Charleroi base with eight aircraft supporting 3,000 local jobs. These shameful wildcat walkouts by Air Traffic Control staff have forced Ryanair to delay, divert and cancel flights, affecting thousands of passengers and jeopardising our investment in Charleroi at a time when airports all over Europe are besieging Ryanair to provide new or additional services.

An immediate assurance is required from Belgocontrol and the Minister for Transport that no further unnecessary disruption is caused by air traffic control services at Charleroi.”

Ends. Thursday 4th June, 2009

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

In fact, the controllers now stop work at 2300 sharp.
The flights are all scheduled to land before 2300, but some of them can be a bit late and have the right to land after 23000 if the plane is CRL-based.
The controllers refuse now to work after 2300, and the flights that are late must land elsewhere ...
and are not at CRL in time for the early morning flights.
http://www.lalibre.be/economie/actualit ... leroi.html

kanick

Post by kanick »

It is soooo easy to go on strike when your job is secure. Just disgusting. When Ryan will leave the place, I guess they will be too happy just controlling (or I should say trying to control) the airport local traffic. Reflexes de fonctionnaires....

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

I am surprised to hear so little about this strike. It seems quite separate from the frustrations we learned about in other threads, those were about poor management and too much politics at the top; and they were in Brussels, not in Charleroi.

For as little as I know about it, this is not a real strike, but only a refusal to work overtime - which can never be imposed anyway, not in Belgium at least. Not that I sympathise with affronting much esteemed Mr. OL, but could we please have some facts? (or did I miss them?)

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

I don't believe this. Strikes should be forbidden. This so called "right" is being abused time end time again by the unions. Unions are good for nothing except creating havok. Unbelievable!

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

But, again, this is not a strike, if I understood correctly. Though of course some like to call it that because strikes are generally impopular today.