New website Brussels Airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

airbuske

New website Brussels Airlines

Post by airbuske »

I was looking on Brussels Airlines site: http://www.brusselsairlines.com and it seems that they changed their website.
Quite white pages :!:
Best regards,

Airbuske

BrightCedars

Re: New website Brussels Airlines

Post by BrightCedars »

Not much change besides the background, a Winter theme perhaps?! :D

I hope this isn't omen of an upcoming euro-white livery on the fleet à la... Lufthansa!

It could be that in the future the SN website would be integrated into that of LH, once reservations systems have converged, there is no reason to stop this. I'm sure the main site can deal with specific interfaces and contents per entry point. Those doing this job at/for SN need not worry, there is plenty of demand in this (IT) industry to further their career.

Ricard

Post by Ricard »

Does anyone of you know, if the "advertise with us" section is new ?
I am curious to know if any belgian company would pay to have it's logo for one year on the tail of an Brussels airlines plane ! Would be nice, those special liveries make a change on the tarmac !

brussels airlines

Post by brussels airlines »

'The advertise with us' already existed, but wasn't so mentioned on the site. Companies can have different possibilities of advertising with us:
-At the table's inside the aircraft
-At the mealboxes in b.flex economy +
-At the backside of your boardingpass
-In the b.there or b.spirit magazine
-You can also advertise on an aircraft. This has been done several times already with stickers. But you can also repaint the aircraft (but this costs a lot of money and hasn't been done yet).

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

New destination for SN:
New Orleans, located in the west of China. :lol:

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

JOVAN wrote:New destination for SN:
You are suggesting that Brussels Airlines doesn't know where New Orleans is.

I have this link: destinations/united_states/new-orleans.aspx
http://www.brusselsairlines.com/en_be/l ... leans.aspx

What is yours ?

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

LX-LGX wrote:
JOVAN wrote:New destination for SN:
You are suggesting that Brussels Airlines doesn't know where New Orleans is.

I have this link: destinations/united_states/new-orleans.aspx
http://www.brusselsairlines.com/en_be/l ... leans.aspx

What is yours ?
See the map when you click Destinations, and then click this city in the west of China, ...

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

Was there a need to change b.air's web site ? I don't think so. Of course, the IT people working for b.air have to justify their salaries, so they "play" with the web site, make something new, so they do not get fired.
Well, I feel like firing them right away by making the airline looking more stupid then ever : not only is New Orleans in China, but have a look at the Africa map : depending on how you display the map, St-Louis is in Senegal, Basle and Bilbao in Eastern Africa, Abidjan somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean, Freetown in Ghana ?
I've stopped looking because I didn't know whether I should have a good laugh or cry. Whichever way you look at it, the amateurs at b.air have struck again. Lufthansa, please, kick them out....
In favor of quality air travel.

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

And once again, a Brussels Airlines topic that started neutral has become a topic for the regular airline bashers. Brussels Airlines is a private company - so it's only up to the shareholders to know what's done with their money, if the company is well run, if the website is OK, if another aircraft is needed, ... ...

Example: nobody - apart from the bashers on this site - is using the destination map to book a flight, or to look where Brussels Airlines is flying to in China. If the webmaster would tell us the visits to that particular map page, I'm sure the number of visits today is as much as during the previous 11 months together. But yet: oh boy, there's an error on the map: the whole company thus is doomed.

If you don't like Brussels Airlines, why don't you simply leave them alone?

If you don't like them as passenger, don't use them. Nobody is forcing you to use them, I assume?

If you work there and you're posting negative about them, why don't you look for a new employer? Could it be because you've failed before to do so?

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

LX-LGX wrote:And once again, a Brussels Airlines topic that started neutral has become a topic for the regular airline bashers. Brussels Airlines is a private company - so it's only up to the shareholders to know what's done with their money, if the company is well run, if the website is OK, if another aircraft is needed, ... ...

Example: nobody - apart from the bashers on this site - is using the destination map to book a flight, or to look where Brussels Airlines is flying to in China. If the webmaster would tell us the visits to that particular map page, I'm sure the number of visits today is as much as during the previous 11 months together. But yet: oh boy, there's an error on the map: the whole company thus is doomed.

If you don't like Brussels Airlines, why don't you simply leave them alone?

If you don't like them as passenger, don't use them. Nobody is forcing you to use them, I assume?

If you work there and you're posting negative about them, why don't you look for a new employer? Could it be because you've failed before to do so?

Point and Fact is that they are apparently very negligent and careless.

The map just appears when you click destinations.

I was so curious to see what was SN's new destination in West China...........

Poor LX-LGX, getting angry for a little joke.....Poor LX-LGX

And poor SN

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

LX-LGX seems to forget this is a DISCUSSION forum, not a forum limited to praise. And if it's the shareholders who decide what's done with their money and who know if the web site is ok, it's the pax who buy the tickets who decide whether the shareholders will get a dividend (or at least their money back) and it's the pax who make it possible for b.air to keep on paying their employees' salaries.
And if like LX-LGX writes that nobody - except the bashers - use a destination map, why have the IT people at b.air taken the time and trouble to put a destination map on the web site ? LX-LGX is implying they are doing something basically useless. In other words he agrees with me : they are amateurs.

brussels airlines

Post by brussels airlines »

Seems you don't know much about it.

When renewing a website, it goes threw different phases.
-The first and most important phase is that the neccessary parts are working (reservations, manage your booking, etc.)
-The second phase is all the extra information (like maps, practical info)
-The third phase are the finishing touches (pictures, details)
-The fourth phase are the other sites( corporate site, ...)
-The final phase is the continious evaluation (it will never be perfect)

Give it some time will you. Luchtzak wasn't build at one day either.

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

The comparison to Luchtzak isn't fair: this website is an amateur's job, and we can never praise Bart too much for the work. For Brussels Airlines, I hope and trust they hire professionals to do the job and do it right. Then again, there's things like beta testing, acceptance and all that. In a professional IT environment, that is.

euroflyer

Post by euroflyer »

brussels airlines wrote:Seems you don't know much about it.

When renewing a website, it goes threw different phases.
-The first and most important phase is that the neccessary parts are working (reservations, manage your booking, etc.)
-The second phase is all the extra information (like maps, practical info)
-The third phase are the finishing touches (pictures, details)
-The fourth phase are the other sites( corporate site, ...)
-The final phase is the continious evaluation (it will never be perfect)

Give it some time will you. Luchtzak wasn't build at one day either.
That might be the right order of steps, BUT it should not go online before at least phase three is really finished 8-)

But come on, things like that happen everywhere and always, thank god we are all not perfect. They will check better now next time, we all had a good lough and I expect indeed the number of passengers who have booked a flight to New Orleans because they always wanted to fly to China will be limited, so not much damage done I think ;)
Star Alliance Gold / LH Senator
A300 A318 A319 A320 A321 A340 B737 B747 B757 B767 MD81 MD82 MD90 Tu134 IL18 BAe146 RJ85 RJ100 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 ERJ145 E170 E195 F50 F70 F100 ATR42 ATR72 Q300 Q400
http://my.flightmemory.com/euroflyer

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

You are right, euroflyer, nobody is perfect, neither am I. However, you are also right when you say a (revised) web site should not go on line before all implementation phases have been completed and thoroughly checked (by one or serveral supervisors). It is too important because today a web site is a company's window to the world. Why doesn't one find on web sites of LH or LX the stupid mistakes one finds on b.air web site ? An occasional mistake is forgivable. Keeping on making mistakes is not.

ATC

Post by ATC »

some remarks, the "new" website is active for more than 10 days.

As a business flyer I was looking to download the timetable in PDF, but I couldn't find it.
It's sometimes easy to have this information on my laptop...

I looked a little further and I must say the website is very poor.
It's very basic. An airline website must be an ultimate tool for the potential customer.
The new Bru.Air website gives me the impression they just want to advertise the "low-fare" price and nothing more ?

3 questions for "the website Bru.Air people" on this forum.
1) Where can I find the PDF timetable ?
2) Why didn't Bru.Air (after 10 days and probably a few 10.000 visits) fixed the faults
3) Why didn't Bru.Air launched this "new" website in the future "LH context"?
I think it was better to wait a few months and launch a "LH-kind-of-website".

ATC
Last edited by ATC on 28 Dec 2008, 00:06, edited 1 time in total.

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

It's still on the 'old' website: http://www.sntimetable.com/SN.pdf
You can find it by going to About us on the new website, then clicking Downloads en then selecting Timetable...

ATC

Post by ATC »

It's still on the 'old' website: http://www.sntimetable.com/SN.pdf
You can find it by going to About us on the new website, then clicking Downloads en then selecting Timetable...
thanks sdbelgium !

ATC

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

Air Key West wrote:LX-LGX seems to forget this is a DISCUSSION forum, not a forum limited to praise.

And if like LX-LGX writes that nobody - except the bashers - use a destination map, why have the IT people at b.air taken the time and trouble to put a destination map on the web site ? LX-LGX is implying they are doing something basically useless. In other words he agrees with me : they are amateurs.
Pure amateurs indeed.

11 days passed, still no corrections.

Amateurs.

thalenoi

Post by thalenoi »

Found a cheap BKK-LHR return(450 GBP) checked bru airline website for LHR-BRU flight, by default offers flights OUT of bru, what if you want to fly into? Ok, figured that one out, then got fare in GBP, tried to change to "view other currency" good luck, won't work. Anyway, isn't the GBP close to 1 euro now?

Anyway, in the "from" city, no BKK in drop down there although they have code sharing with Jet India.