New website Brussels Airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

NCB

Re: New website Brussels Airlines

Post by NCB »

Anyway, in the "from" city, no BKK in drop down there although they have code sharing with Jet India.
That's weird indeed.

Only few airline websites get close to perfect and I love the functionality of the Easyjet website. It's very user-friendly.

On the seasonal routes, it would be helpful if SN could put the starting date of their seasonal route instead of a cold "there are no flights on selected days".
On the low-fare finder when "flexible dates" is selected, all-in prices instead of Brussels Airlines' supposed margin would be helpful.

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

thalenoi wrote: Anyway, isn't the GBP close to 1 euro now?
Indeed, current rate is 1.049 euro for 1 GBP.

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

Some people here don't stop with blaming management (actually the IT-managament) or even the whole company for the error with the placement of New Orleans on the (wrong) map. And shame on Brussels Airlines: they haven't corrected it after their remarks.

Repeat:

People looking for New Orleans usually know that it's a city in the US and not in China. And if people looking for the destinations in China see a New Orleans near Bhutan, they usually know that this is an error. I haven't met any Belgian passenger yet who wanted to fly from Brussels to New Orleans with a stopover in Bejing. And I've met quite some thousand Belgian passengers so far.

it's nice to have a map selection on your site, but apart from the self appointed extremely frequent First Class flyers here (triple Platina Privilege with Diamond name inscription) - who nevertheless seems to select their destination through a rough map - most long haul passengers select their destination through name selection - or after advice (Lonely Planet, Tripadvisor.com, travel agent, brochure from a touroperator, ...).

But then, even if you think that New Orleans is indeed in China: if you then click on "more information", you are connected to the right map = the city plan of New Orleans. And the site tells you that you are in the U.S.

How many luchtzak-members have read "Conduct on board" during the last ten days? One? Two? But that's more important then the world map, isn't it? (Example: is it allowed to use a cell phone during taxiing to the gate?)

The website has not been made by the IT-guys from Brussels Airlines. If you want to find out more about the designers:
http://www.emakina.com/work/casestories ... rlines.cfm

So yes, this remark about New Orleans is typical for the anti-Brussels Airlines mentality from some here. The fact for example that the link to download the timetable isn't more obvious, is a much more serious obstacle for frequent flyers. But except for one, nobody critizes it (unless the url to the timetable is in their favourites list off course).

- - -

(strange that not a single basher seems to have noticed where Frankfurt is on the map...)

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

Dear LG-LGX, I suppose nobody has noticed where Frankfurt is on the map, because after a while you get so upset by the total mess on the destinations map, that you just leave. If many of us, frequent flyers, have a look at the destinations map, it's probably out of curiosity, to see if b.air flies to a new destination (which we may have missed) and in addition, the function "Destinations" is one of the first you notice when you get to the b.air web site : it's right at the left and on top.
If nobody has checked the "Conduct on board" function, it's probably because it does not appear on the first page, you have to click on "Practical Information" and then look for "Conduct on board". Now pardon me for saying so, but most of us with Platinum and Gold cards do, indeed, fly frequently enough to know which conduct to adopt on board, what is allowed and what is not. And anyway, flight attendants will tell or remind you of what is allowed and what is not through a public announcement before take off.
Just to mention another flaw in the new web site, I wanted to check the conditions of a cancellation insurance. First you have to go through Practical Information, which is ok, but when you want to download the General Conditions of the insurance in PDF format, you are redirected to the home page (so, not General Conditions which cannot be read on the web site).
Maybe if some of us spent a whole day going through all functionalities of the new web site, we would be able to point out all the errors and ask for them to be corrected. Yet, this is not our job. Someone or a team at b.air should have checked every item on the new web site thorougly when they got it from the IT experts, before letting it go "live" on line. The fact that apparently nobody cared since nothing was checked internally is a sign of negligence, or again...amateurism. A web site, today, is a company's (any company's) window to the outside world. Nobody is perfect, but a web site has to be close to perfection. Otherwise, it's like a shop putting broken articles for sale in its window onto the street.
Now, to end on a positive note : the Timetable which can be read on line is definitely an improvement over the previous one. So, not everything is bad. There are improvements, too, but there are also too many (sometimes stupid) mistakes. And everything, of course, is relative. Some airlines have web sites which are worse than b.air's, but some have definitely better ones. One should always strive to be among the best.
In favor of quality air travel.

b-west

Post by b-west »

I'm sorry, but pointing out factual errors on a site isn't really bashing... It's just unprofessional from Brussels Airlines. Even if they didn't make the website, it is their name that is on it, so they themselves should have checked the site, so they would've discovered sloppy work. Also, it's thanks to the previous map that I discoverd B.air is offering flights to BKK, so don't think those maps aren't used. And even so, it's not because a function isn't used very often, that it should give faulty information.

And, but this is a personal opinion, using Google maps on your site just makes it look cheap. At least the previous version of the site had a "home made" map, which color scheme was in line with the rest of the site.

Ducatibiker

Post by Ducatibiker »

The Privilege page has changed again...and there are several glitches. I am not sure I understand the usefulness of an "Inbox" while there is still no way to communicate electronically to Privilege Management and their persistent refusal to communicate by mail. Unless, of course, they want to use the inbox to inundate us with extra advertisement...

United 1K members have a dedicated section and they can communicate by e-mail to the managers of the frequent flyer program . When is Privilege going to do the same for their Platinum members ? This 'inbox' is totally unnecessary as most Privilege has already our e-mail and we check the mail through outlook.

By the way, the page "advertising at Brussels Airlines " has erroneous and misleading information. Again totally amateur ! Brussels Airlines wants to do saving ? Stop changing the web site every season and ....put back the red candy in the lounge !

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

LX-LGX wrote:Some people here don't stop with blaming management (actually the IT-managament) or even the whole company for the error with the placement of New Orleans on the (wrong) map. And shame on Brussels Airlines: they haven't corrected it after their remarks.

Repeat:

People looking for New Orleans usually know that it's a city in the US and not in China. And if people looking for the destinations in China see a New Orleans near Bhutan, they usually know that this is an error. I haven't met any Belgian passenger yet who wanted to fly from Brussels to New Orleans with a stopover in Bejing. And I've met quite some thousand Belgian passengers so far.

it's nice to have a map selection on your site, but apart from the self appointed extremely frequent First Class flyers here (triple Platina Privilege with Diamond name inscription) - who nevertheless seems to select their destination through a rough map - most long haul passengers select their destination through name selection - or after advice (Lonely Planet, Tripadvisor.com, travel agent, brochure from a touroperator, ...).

But then, even if you think that New Orleans is indeed in China: if you then click on "more information", you are connected to the right map = the city plan of New Orleans. And the site tells you that you are in the U.S.

How many luchtzak-members have read "Conduct on board" during the last ten days? One? Two? But that's more important then the world map, isn't it? (Example: is it allowed to use a cell phone during taxiing to the gate?)

The website has not been made by the IT-guys from Brussels Airlines. If you want to find out more about the designers:
http://www.emakina.com/work/casestories ... rlines.cfm

So yes, this remark about New Orleans is typical for the anti-Brussels Airlines mentality from some here. The fact for example that the link to download the timetable isn't more obvious, is a much more serious obstacle for frequent flyers. But except for one, nobody critizes it (unless the url to the timetable is in their favourites list off course).
Propose you inform SN about their little mistakes.
Or emakina.

Good luck.

-------------
put New Orleans back on the map

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

Quick look at Brussels airlines website shows that every city is placed back in the appropriate continent.

Ducatibiker

Post by Ducatibiker »

Quick look at B.Air web stie/Privilege/check your transactions...it is still not fixed and you can't check your recent transactions. It used to worked beautifully ! What a mess now.

NCB

Post by NCB »

I got a tricky question that maybe some English teacher could clarify. :D

SN is using "prices as from XX euros" since a long time.
I thought that "as from..." can only be used for dates, not usually for prices.

I think that they translated it straight from "à partir de..." or "vanaf...".

This is the only place in the world where I have seen "prices from..." being written that way and I think that it's kind of a big blunder to have grammatical mistakes on a homepage of an airline.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

NCB wrote:I got a tricky question that maybe some English teacher could clarify. :D

SN is using "prices as from XX euros" since a long time.
I thought that "as from..." can only be used for dates, not usually for prices.

I think that they translated it straight from "à partir de..." or "vanaf...".

This is the only place in the world where I have seen "prices from..." being written that way and I think that it's kind of a big blunder to have grammatical mistakes on a homepage of an airline.

I haven't paid attention to this before, but my feeling tells me that as from is indeed only used in reference to a certain point in time or space, not for a starting price. Not saying as from is automatically always wrong, just that it feels uncomfortable to a native speeker and isn't usually said that way.

Better English would definitely be just (prices) from or (prices) starting at.

But hey, who cares right? :roll:

Have a look at the onboard speeches of Brussels Airlines.
They use(d) to be full of errors like:
-) no correct use of the subjonctif where it is supposed to be used in French,
-) the use of portable phone iso cellular phone in English.

Or at text on the cover of the meal box they've distributed in b.flex for over a year:
'... when it comes to bring Africa closer...'
which has only recently been corrected to a gerund:
'... when it comes to bringing Africa closer..."

It has been said numerous times here: details... :roll:
What comes around, goes around.

b720

Post by b720 »

prices start at EUR...

Or prices from EUR...

are the best options...

pepere

Post by pepere »

JOVAN wrote:Quick look at Brussels airlines website shows that every city is placed back in the appropriate continent.

Not really, Budapest is still in Russia !

Ducatibiker

Post by Ducatibiker »

And stil parts of your recent mileage history missing...what a mess !

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

pepere wrote:
JOVAN wrote:Quick look at Brussels airlines website shows that every city is placed back in the appropriate continent.
So what? Budapest is in Europe, Russia is (at least partly) in Europe. Have you carefully read "in the appropriate continent" ?

summersso

Post by summersso »

jan_olieslagers wrote:
pepere wrote:
So what? Budapest is in Europe, Russia is (at least partly) in Europe. Have you carefully read "in the appropriate continent" ?
So would it be ok to mark Lisbon as being in Finland? No. Come on, there's no excuse for placing Budapest 2000km east in the the Volga basin. It's just purely amateur/shoddy work. You'd never find such a glaring mistake on BA or Lufthansa's map, and what's more, a) you'd never find someone defending it, and b) if there was a mistake I'm sure a manager would insist it be corrected in a matter of hours. Brussels Airlines' modestly revamped site has been online for two months and is still littered with errors. What a joke.

HighInTheSky

Post by HighInTheSky »

Ducatibiker wrote:...and ....put back the red candy in the lounge !
I have some good news for you Ducatibiker... :D

I'm in the lounge at B terminal right now, and the candy is present and waiting for you! :lol: