Etihad with A340-600 on day 4 to Brussels Airport

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4425
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

Etihad with A340-600 on day 4 to Brussels Airport

Post by Atlantis »

As I already mentionned it in the topic: BRU summer 2009, I will also announce it via a separate topic because this is excellent news.

Etihad reveiled its summer schedule and they are going to increase their number of flights to Brussels Airport from 4 to 6 flights a week. We hoped, and also some of the biggest TO in our country, that Etihad would offer daily flights by the end of this year. Due to lack of aircraft it was postponned till March 09.

Three flights will arrive in the afternoon with a depart late night.
Three flights will arrive in the morning with a depart around noon.

More important: Brussels Airport will receive finally their A340-600. This will be the first time that they can handle this scheduled a/c.

b-west

Re: Etihad with A340-600 on day 4 to Brussels Airport

Post by b-west »

Nice!

I get the feeling the flights to AUH and onward connections are doing quite well, also with foreign pax. The last week, a surprisingly big amount of Swedish people came through BRU to fly Etihad to BKK.

AVION1
Posts: 71
Joined: 14 Aug 2006, 22:03

Re: Etihad with A340-600 on day 4 to Brussels Airport

Post by AVION1 »

The Abu Dhabi - Brussels route from 4 to 6 weekly from 29MAR09

EY057 AUH0245 - 0750BRU 332 4
EY057 AUH0250 - 0755BRU 332 37
EY055 AUH0900 - 1405BRU 332 125

EY058 BRU1135 - 2015AUH 332 347
EY056 BRU2220 - 0700+1AUH 332 125

From 14MAY09, A340-600 operates Day 4 service on EY057/058

regi
Posts: 5140
Joined: 02 Sep 2004, 00:00
Location: Bruges

Re: Etihad with A340-600 on day 4 to Brussels Airport

Post by regi »

and the special seats on just 2 airplanes of Etihad? Economy Deluxe between Brussels and Abu Dhabi? ( 1 seat less abreast and 37 inch seat pitch ) Will that disappear?

cleared-to-land
Posts: 4
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:47

Re: Etihad with A340-600 on day 4 to Brussels Airport

Post by cleared-to-land »

Source?

Etihad website as well Amadeus only give flights on 123-5-7, on above times and all with A332 equipment.

Just asking as "big" news is announced very easy on this website, eg the direct Hainan flight from Shanghai, also on A346 equipment, operating since about 5 months now... *sigh*

TIA!

Stij
Posts: 2232
Joined: 07 Mar 2005, 00:00
Location: Belgium

Re: Etihad with A340-600 on day 4 to Brussels Airport

Post by Stij »

cleared-to-land wrote:Source?
Just asking as "big" news is announced very easy on this website, eg the direct Hainan flight from Shanghai, also on A346 equipment, operating since about 5 months now... *sigh*
Dear Cleared-to-land

You may have not noticed, but since a few months there's something as a "small" economical crisis going on that has "minor" impact on aviation. Therefore, what was true half a year ago isn't anymore: reality changed.

Giving comments like *sigh* is in my humble opinion insulting and humiliating for the people that try to share some news or rumours. If you really want 100% reliable news (if that exists) get a subscription to Reuters!

Cheers,

Stij

cleared-to-land
Posts: 4
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:47

Re: Etihad with A340-600 on day 4 to Brussels Airport

Post by cleared-to-land »

Well tried Stij, but there are enough examples long before the economical crisis: Air Zimbabwe, Iran Air, China Airlines,... none of them actually came!

I just don't believe any rumour here without even a source given, especially when the airline itself says something different on its website. Talking about reliable sources...

I'm not humiliating anybody, but just asking for a source (again *sigh*)!

Just being realistic...

Air Ella
Posts: 16
Joined: 12 Oct 2008, 18:21

Re: Etihad with A340-600 on day 4 to Brussels Airport

Post by Air Ella »

Dear Cleared-to-land,

Source:

http://airlineroute.blogspot.com/search/label/ETIHAD

grtz

Stij
Posts: 2232
Joined: 07 Mar 2005, 00:00
Location: Belgium

Re: Etihad with A340-600 on day 4 to Brussels Airport

Post by Stij »

cleared-to-land wrote:I just don't believe any rumour here without even a source given, especially when the airline itself says something different on its website. Talking about reliable sources...
Then go to another forum if you don't like and trust it!

Cheers,

Stij

cleared-to-land
Posts: 4
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:47

Re: Etihad with A340-600 on day 4 to Brussels Airport

Post by cleared-to-land »

Stij wrote:Then go to another forum if you don't like and trust it!
Awtch, almost lost my nose :?

Stij
Posts: 2232
Joined: 07 Mar 2005, 00:00
Location: Belgium

Re: Etihad with A340-600 on day 4 to Brussels Airport

Post by Stij »

cleared-to-land wrote:
Stij wrote:Then go to another forum if you don't like and trust it!
Awtch, almost lost my nose :?
Reality bites ;-)

cleared-to-land
Posts: 4
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:47

Re: Etihad with A340-600 on day 4 to Brussels Airport

Post by cleared-to-land »

Stij wrote:Reality bites ;-)
Funny guy! Let's talk again in six months...

Stij
Posts: 2232
Joined: 07 Mar 2005, 00:00
Location: Belgium

Re: Etihad with A340-600 on day 4 to Brussels Airport

Post by Stij »

cleared-to-land wrote:Funny guy! Let's talk again in six months...
Insha'Allah!!!

Cheers,

Stij

P.S. Of course I'm a funny guy! Thanks for the compliment!!!

LX-LGX
Posts: 2004
Joined: 20 Jan 2004, 00:00
Location: ANR

Re: Etihad with A340-600 on day 4 to Brussels Airport

Post by LX-LGX »

cleared-to-land wrote:
Stij wrote:Reality bites
Funny guy! Let's talk again in six months...
cleared-to-land, strange posts you have - for someone posting here for the first time.

I indeed suggest you come back again in six months.

sn_rj85
Posts: 45
Joined: 09 Dec 2008, 16:30

Re: Etihad with A340-600 on day 4 to Brussels Airport

Post by sn_rj85 »

Woow great news, just hopes it really is true!

But I do find it strange that the source says "...as per 08DEC08 Amadeus timetable..." as I can't find any EY flight on Thursday as well. Does somebody has experience with that blog and its reliability? Anybody can put on a blog or wikipedia whatever he/she wants, but that doesn't mean it is true at all.

Atlantis, as you announced the news, do you have any other reliable source?


SN RJ85 pilot

User avatar
Conti764
Posts: 1729
Joined: 21 Sep 2007, 23:21

Re: Etihad with A340-600 on day 4 to Brussels Airport

Post by Conti764 »

cleared-to-land wrote: Just asking as "big" news is announced very easy on this website, eg the direct Hainan flight from Shanghai, also on A346 equipment, operating since about 5 months now... *sigh*
TIA!
Things can change in aviation and regarding this particular example, it was announced on this forum that HU changed their mind about the 346 flight to BRU, some time after the original announcement that they were going to fly the 346 to BRU.

sdbelgium
Posts: 2986
Joined: 10 Aug 2008, 13:32
Location: Gent
Contact:

Re: Etihad with A340-600 on day 4 to Brussels Airport

Post by sdbelgium »

sn_rj85 wrote:But I do find it strange that the source says "...as per 08DEC08 Amadeus timetable..." as I can't find any EY flight on Thursday as well. Does somebody has experience with that blog and its reliability? Anybody can put on a blog or wikipedia whatever he/she wants, but that doesn't mean it is true at all.
Yes, all major GDS systems have been adjusted, this is a print from Amadeus:

Code: Select all

BRU  Brussels Metro / Brussels Ntl BE = BRU CRL [EBBR]
AUH  Abu Dhabi Int'l AE [OMAA]
DO   14 mei 2009

Carrier   Flight From Depart    To   Arrive    A/C  St   
--------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- 
EY        58     BRU  11:35     AUH  20:15     346  0    
Also available on the commonly accessable Amadeus.net website, with fare:
Attachments
etihad.JPG
etihad.JPG (44.65 KiB) Viewed 3746 times

User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4425
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

Re: Etihad with A340-600 on day 4 to Brussels Airport

Post by Atlantis »

cleared-to-land wrote:Source?

Etihad website as well Amadeus only give flights on 123-5-7, on above times and all with A332 equipment.

Just asking as "big" news is announced very easy on this website, eg the direct Hainan flight from Shanghai, also on A346 equipment, operating since about 5 months now... *sigh*

TIA!
You want a source? Check again, but better this time, the EY summer timetable f.e. June. You will see all six flights to/from BRU.

User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4425
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

Re: Etihad with A340-600 on day 4 to Brussels Airport

Post by Atlantis »

sn_rj85 wrote:Woow great news, just hopes it really is true!

But I do find it strange that the source says "...as per 08DEC08 Amadeus timetable..." as I can't find any EY flight on Thursday as well. Does somebody has experience with that blog and its reliability? Anybody can put on a blog or wikipedia whatever he/she wants, but that doesn't mean it is true at all.

Atlantis, as you announced the news, do you have any other reliable source?


SN RJ85 pilot
The booking engines are one source, but not always reliable because they change their info very often. They get their info - or a direct link - by the airline itselfs. The airline is thus the second source.
But more important is that I have first hand info. But I have a very good understanding with them not to publish info before they have announced it via different canals. I will keep it that way.

So, be sure that the info is correct and when it turns out different I will also post it. ;)

User avatar
zteven
Posts: 78
Joined: 20 Jun 2007, 23:15
Location: BRU
Contact:

Re: Etihad with A340-600 on day 4 to Brussels Airport

Post by zteven »

Well this would be very cool!

Looking forward to work with this type of plane.

Greetz



Steven

Post Reply