2008-2009 Charleroi Airport (CRL) latest news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

jan_olieslagers

Re: Charleroi Airport (CRL) latest news

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Brussels-South Charleroi, the most accessible airport in Belgium.
Source: Avionews
Bwahahaha! Catching the fleas from whom?
[[ wie met de hond slaapt, krijgt zijn vlooien ]]
[[ qui couche avec le chien, en attrape les puces ]]

Most accessible, surely, with the railway station to open really soon now, and luxury coaches to every major town within 100 kms?

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

I guess they are talking about the fact that you don't have to endure 45min of trafic jam to reach the airport.
But that's not the news, the news is that the growth is extremely fast, even faster than the biggest opmistic would have guessed.

jan_olieslagers

Acid-drop wrote: I guess they are talking about the fact that you don't have to endure 45min of trafic jam to reach the airport.
Only one Belgian airport suffers from road traffic congestion, and only for a couple of hours per working day.
Acid-drop wrote: But that's not the news, the news is that the growth is extremely fast, even faster than the biggest opmistic would have guessed.
Their success is undeniable and their merit is plain. Well done indeed CRL! But I resent the baked air publicity. The figures are nice as they are, no need to inflate them with marketing blah-blah.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

The figures are nice as they are, no need to inflate them with marketing blah-blah.
that's quite true.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Ryanair announces the opening of a new base at Brindisi, with 4 weekly flights to CRL as of January 2010.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=40314
André
ex Sabena #26567

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

jan_olieslagers wrote: Only one Belgian airport suffers from road traffic congestion, and only for a couple of hours per working day.
Not really.... Travel from the south of Brussels takes at least 60 minutes for more of 40% during working hours...if no incident on R0 !
In case of incident or accident on the ring.....you will miss your flight....!

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

Have you seen the bottle neck???

Tunnel under Leonard's carrefour, 4 arms....I never understood why these have never been improved... :roll:

jan_olieslagers

Politics, of course. These exchanges are in Flanders!

Stij

Post by Stij »

jan_olieslagers wrote:Politics, of course. These exchanges are in Flanders!
We're definatly of topic here, but I was told they're not allowed to cut trees in the "Zoniënwoud, Forêt de Soignes" to enlarge the intersection.

Cheers,

Stij

Charlie Roy

Post by Charlie Roy »

The new Italian route starting 4 weekly in January will be Bari (not Brindisi as mentioned above).
Although both Italian airports were announced as bases today, the only new route for Charleroi is Bari (operated with a BAri based aircraft). The Charleroi to Brindisi route already exists (operated with a Charleroi based aircraft).

gironaairport

Post by gironaairport »

i just want to add that if you are intersted in Finding news.information regarding Girona Airport then you can find it here
Girona Airport

LAGPanoramic

Post by LAGPanoramic »

jan_olieslagers wrote:Most accessible, surely, with the railway station to open really soon now, and luxury coaches to every major town within 100 kms?
Luxury coaches? I hope you meant this with irony, because most of the coaches deserving the line to Brussels are in a 2 stars configuration, in an era that nearly all coaches have 3 stars (the normal standard) or even 4 stars...

Fyi
**= 72cm seat pitch, no reclining back needed;
***= 77 cm seat pitch, backreclining min. 10°;
****= 83cm seat pitch, backreclining min. 35°;
Royal Class = 96cm seat pitch (or more) with leg support (don't know the minimal backreclining)

jan_olieslagers

LAGPanoramic wrote:
jan_olieslagers wrote:Most accessible, surely, with the railway station to open really soon now, and luxury coaches to every major town within 100 kms?
Luxury coaches? I hope you meant this with irony
With just as much irony as the REAL SOON NOW indeed... but perhaps sarcasm is a better description.

flyatm

Post by flyatm »

Some links regarding the railway link to Charleroi:
http://cdh.pontacelles.org/images/sncb/ ... ote_GW.doc
- confirme sa décision de localiser la nouvelle gare de Gosselies au sud de l'autoroute, directement sous l'aéroport et raccordée d'une part à la ligne 140 vers Charleroi-Sud et d'autre part à la ligne 124 vers Bruxelles-Midi;
relatifs à la nouvelle gare de Gosselies, en vue d'une mise en service prévue en 2017.
It would be nice to see a alternative to the Autocar Elan shuttles between now and then. It must be one of the worst bus service of any out of town Ryanair airport.

--

Does anyone have any photos / plans of the much talked about terminal expansion?

Old Google maps image but still gives an accurate represenation:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sourc ... a=N&tab=wl

Taking a long term perspective, I believe it was a severe mistake not to position the terminal furtherback (where the commercial park is) allowing for two rows of planes to be parked between the terminal and the runway. The selected layout limits expansion to the left / right with nowhere to expand after.

--

Parking at CRL remains outrageous. The so called 'Parking Low Cost' is never available and even if there seems to be free parking spaces, the barrier blocks access.

It would be nice to see a competitor to QPark in CRL, even off site. BRU National, for example, has AirPark for E10-11 /day compared to the cheapest option in CRL for E15 /day. The cheapest parking in Frankfurt Hahn is E2.50 /day!

pressman

Post by pressman »

Two rows can be parked - tail to tail .

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

BSCA Security is on strike on Friday 09 October 2009.

Reason: quote from Het Laatste Nieuws: "Het personeel van BSCA Security staakt wegens een gebrek aan vertrouwen in de directie". Translated: staff from GSCA Security goes on strike because of lack of confidence in the management.

David Gering, commericial manager at BSCA, says that the airport has taken all necessary measures to avoid influence on flight operations. "Passengers don't have to worry", he said.

Source:
http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/1901/reisnieuw ... rgen.dhtml

(I haven't found it on 7sur7.be yet)

Mercator

Post by Mercator »

pressman wrote:Two rows can be parked - tail to tail .
No. Or rather, not yet. ;)
For the location of the terminal, well they took the available space within the airport limits.

flyatm

Post by flyatm »

No. Or rather, not yet.
I'm quite curious what the 'not yet' refers to...