BRU summer 2009: latest news, routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
Kapitein
Posts: 1582
Joined: 29 Jul 2004, 00:00
Location: Somewhere around the globe....
Contact:

Re: BRU summer 2009: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Kapitein » 02 Feb 2009, 14:10

An overview of the slotrequest for Summer '09. A few things where already known:

Sun D'Or

They are returing in the summer, now with 2 flights a week. Monday morning en Friday afternoon

Aegean

Daily ATH with A320 1005 - 1055LT

American Airlines

088/089 with 777-200ER starting 07/04/09
172/171 with 757-200 starting 13/05/09, can be delayed

BA396/397 with 767-300ER iso A32S 1620 - 1720 LT

CO060/061 with 777-200ER starting 02/06/09 till 09/09/09

Etihad Airways

6x a week not on Saturdays, for now all flights with A330-200

Easyjet

1 extra NCE starting 20/04 1300 - 1330 LT
No MAN, like previous announced by me.
GVA and MXP are keeping the number of rotations

Sky Wings Airlines

5x week HER charter with MD-83

WindJet

2x a week FRL on Tuesdays and Saturdays

Lufthansa Cargo (World AIrways?)

2x a week ORD on Tuesdays and Saturdays

Royal Jordanian

2x a week Wednesdays and Saturday with A32S

Air Transat

4x a week 2-3-5-7. On Tuesdays they come at noon 1220 - 1415 LT

All this is subject to change ofcourse.

User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4231
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

Re: BRU summer 2009: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Atlantis » 02 Feb 2009, 18:21

The BA is an interesting one, back like the good old days.

Thanks for this update Brubiac

Kabila
Posts: 55
Joined: 15 Mar 2006, 00:00

Re: BRU summer 2009: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Kabila » 02 Feb 2009, 18:24

Brubiac wrote:
CO060/061 with 777-200ER starting 02/06/09 till 09/09/09
According to the Continental Airlines website, first 777-200ER from BRU to EWR will start on 16/05 now. I suppose they have advanced the date with about 2 weeks.

sdbelgium
Posts: 2713
Joined: 10 Aug 2008, 13:32
Location: Gent
Contact:

Re: BRU summer 2009: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by sdbelgium » 02 Feb 2009, 18:34

Kabila wrote:Brubiac wrote:
CO060/061 with 777-200ER starting 02/06/09 till 09/09/09
According to the Continental Airlines website, first 777-200ER from BRU to EWR will start on 16/05 now. I suppose they have advanced the date with about 2 weeks.
Already loaded in Amadeus GDS too

Code: Select all

BRU  Brussels Metro / Brussels Ntl BE = BRU CRL [EBBR]
EWR  New York Newark Liberty Int'l NJ US [KEWR]
ZA   16 mei 2009

Carrier   Flight From Depart    To   Arrive    A/C  St   
--------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- 
CO        61     BRU  09:45     EWR  12:00     777  0   

User avatar
Conti764
Posts: 1583
Joined: 21 Sep 2007, 23:21

Re: BRU summer 2009: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Conti764 » 02 Feb 2009, 18:38

Brubiac wrote: CO060/061 with 777-200ER starting 02/06/09 till 09/09/09
So a downgrade to 764 again in september? I wonder why CO can't sustain an all time T7-rotation EWR-BRU. The flight is doing very good, with high yields year round...

User avatar
euroflyer
Posts: 688
Joined: 02 Nov 2006, 13:07
Location: Frankfurt and Brussels

Re: BRU summer 2009: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by euroflyer » 03 Feb 2009, 09:33

Conti764 wrote:
Brubiac wrote: CO060/061 with 777-200ER starting 02/06/09 till 09/09/09
So a downgrade to 764 again in september? I wonder why CO can't sustain an all time T7-rotation EWR-BRU. The flight is doing very good, with high yields year round...
Maybe they can just get even higher yields in winter on another route?
Star Alliance Gold / LH Senator
A300 A318 A319 A320 A321 A340 B737 B747 B757 B767 MD81 MD82 MD90 Tu134 IL18 BAe146 RJ85 RJ100 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 ERJ145 E170 E195 F50 F70 F100 ATR42 ATR72 Q300 Q400
http://my.flightmemory.com/euroflyer

User avatar
Conti764
Posts: 1583
Joined: 21 Sep 2007, 23:21

Re: BRU summer 2009: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Conti764 » 03 Feb 2009, 14:05

euroflyer wrote:
Conti764 wrote:
Brubiac wrote: CO060/061 with 777-200ER starting 02/06/09 till 09/09/09
So a downgrade to 764 again in september? I wonder why CO can't sustain an all time T7-rotation EWR-BRU. The flight is doing very good, with high yields year round...
Maybe they can just get even higher yields in winter on another route?
What kind of route would perform better in winter then in summer when you can use a T7 for BRU in summer, but need it for another route in the winter? The last time they flew to BRU with the T7, that service had to end since the T7 was needed for their Chinese operation, so I could understand that decision, but now I don't get it.

Although I do prefer flying in a 764 (2-3-2) then in a T7 (3-3-3) both when traveling alone or with someone else.

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 35370
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: BRU summer 2009: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by sn26567 » 03 Feb 2009, 17:21

Brubiac wrote:An overview of the slotrequest for Summer '09. A few things where already known:

Sun D'Or

They are returing in the summer, now with 2 flights a week. Monday morning en Friday afternoon
To which destination?
André
ex Sabena #26567

sdbelgium
Posts: 2713
Joined: 10 Aug 2008, 13:32
Location: Gent
Contact:

Re: BRU summer 2009: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by sdbelgium » 03 Feb 2009, 17:27

sn26567 wrote:
Brubiac wrote:An overview of the slotrequest for Summer '09. A few things where already known:

Sun D'Or

They are returing in the summer, now with 2 flights a week. Monday morning en Friday afternoon
To which destination?
Probably Tel Aviv?

User avatar
Conti764
Posts: 1583
Joined: 21 Sep 2007, 23:21

Re: BRU summer 2009: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Conti764 » 03 Feb 2009, 18:04

sn26567 wrote:
Brubiac wrote:An overview of the slotrequest for Summer '09. A few things where already known:

Sun D'Or

They are returing in the summer, now with 2 flights a week. Monday morning en Friday afternoon
To which destination?
Sun D'Or is the low cost subsidiary of El Al, so it will be Tel Aviv. I remember their plane last summer, a former LY 757, baring El Al's old color scheme without the Davids star on the tail, and other titles on the fuselage.

Security is done by El Al security team.

Kapitein
Posts: 1582
Joined: 29 Jul 2004, 00:00
Location: Somewhere around the globe....
Contact:

Re: BRU summer 2009: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Kapitein » 03 Feb 2009, 20:12

Conti764 wrote:
sn26567 wrote:
Brubiac wrote:An overview of the slotrequest for Summer '09. A few things where already known:

Sun D'Or

They are returing in the summer, now with 2 flights a week. Monday morning en Friday afternoon
To which destination?
Sun D'Or is the low cost subsidiary of El Al, so it will be Tel Aviv. I remember their plane last summer, a former LY 757, baring El Al's old color scheme without the Davids star on the tail, and other titles on the fuselage.

Security is done by El Al security team.
Indeed TLV is the destination.

User avatar
Conti764
Posts: 1583
Joined: 21 Sep 2007, 23:21

Re: BRU summer 2009: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Conti764 » 03 Feb 2009, 23:28

Brubiac wrote: Indeed TLV is the destination.
I remember these flights were always packed. That El Al sells good at TLV-BRU I can understand with the diamond city Antwerp, but I never realized that so many Israeli tourists visit Belgium as well.

User avatar
b-west
Posts: 676
Joined: 31 Aug 2005, 00:00
Location: Belgium

Re: BRU summer 2009: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by b-west » 04 Feb 2009, 00:01

Actually, a lot of those tourists come to visit family who lives here.

User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4231
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

Re: BRU summer 2009: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Atlantis » 11 Feb 2009, 12:57

The new flights of RJ to Amman are now loaded in the timetable of Brussels Airport such as the B777 and B757 of AA to Chicago and New York. Constanta is again in the timetable. Also the flights of Easyjet and Air Algerie are loaded.

User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4231
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

Re: BRU summer 2009: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Atlantis » 11 Feb 2009, 20:57

Royal Air Maroc will send again their B747-400 to BRU this summer.

sn_rj85
Posts: 45
Joined: 09 Dec 2008, 16:30

Re: BRU summer 2009: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by sn_rj85 » 11 Feb 2009, 21:09

A few pages earlier in this topic I can read this:
Atlantis wrote:With some delay, I can announce that Etihad is going to increase their number of flights from 4 to 6 flights a week and this as from 29 March 2009. Normally it was for this winter. They are even going to use their A340-600 on day 4!!!

EY55/56: Days 1 2 5: arriving at BRU: 14.05h departing at BRU: 22.20h A330
EY57/58: days 3 7: arriving at BRU: 07.50h departing at BRU: 11.35h A330
EY57/58: day 4: arriving at BRU: 07.50h departing at BRU: 11.35h A340-600

Good job Brussels Airport!!
There was even a seperate topic on the 'big' news viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38623 where people had to withstand some bashing when they were a bit suspicious when the only source was some kind of personal blog.

And now we see:
Brubiac wrote: Etihad Airways

6x a week not on Saturdays, for now all flights with A330-200
Some members even said: "I indeed suggest you come back again in six months."
May I be so kind to ask were those people are now?

Moral of the story: don't trust any 'reliable' source, but wait until final confirmation from the airline before playing the big shot with 'hot news'!

sdbelgium
Posts: 2713
Joined: 10 Aug 2008, 13:32
Location: Gent
Contact:

Re: BRU summer 2009: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by sdbelgium » 11 Feb 2009, 21:57

Atlantis wrote:Royal Air Maroc will send again their B747-400 to BRU this summer.
Royal Air Maroc 747-400 will be visiting BRU from OUD on the following dates

02JUL09
05JUL09
09JUL09
12JUL09
16JUL09
19JUL09
23JUL09
26JUL09
30JUL09

02AUG09
06AUG09
09AUG09
13AUG09
16AUG09
20AUG09
27AUG09
30 AUG09

User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4231
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

Re: BRU summer 2009: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Atlantis » 12 Feb 2009, 12:30

sn_rj85 wrote:A few pages earlier in this topic I can read this:
Atlantis wrote:With some delay, I can announce that Etihad is going to increase their number of flights from 4 to 6 flights a week and this as from 29 March 2009. Normally it was for this winter. They are even going to use their A340-600 on day 4!!!

EY55/56: Days 1 2 5: arriving at BRU: 14.05h departing at BRU: 22.20h A330
EY57/58: days 3 7: arriving at BRU: 07.50h departing at BRU: 11.35h A330
EY57/58: day 4: arriving at BRU: 07.50h departing at BRU: 11.35h A340-600

Good job Brussels Airport!!
There was even a seperate topic on the 'big' news viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38623 where people had to withstand some bashing when they were a bit suspicious when the only source was some kind of personal blog.

And now we see:
Brubiac wrote: Etihad Airways

6x a week not on Saturdays, for now all flights with A330-200
Some members even said: "I indeed suggest you come back again in six months."
May I be so kind to ask were those people are now?

Moral of the story: don't trust any 'reliable' source, but wait until final confirmation from the airline before playing the big shot with 'hot news'!
And what is your problem?? We know months in advance which airline will come to BRU + the metal they want to use and the frequentie. The announcement was completely correct. The only thing they changed was the A340 into an A330 on day 4.

The reason why there was also a separate topic was about the fact that Etihad was again upgrading its services to BRU with more frequenties and the possibility of their A340-600 (which was also visible in the booking engines).

Don't tell me or others what they have to post and certainly not like you call it: 'a personal blog.'

Case closed.

Kapitein
Posts: 1582
Joined: 29 Jul 2004, 00:00
Location: Somewhere around the globe....
Contact:

Re: BRU summer 2009: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Kapitein » 12 Feb 2009, 13:05

Atlantis wrote:Royal Air Maroc will send again their B747-400 to BRU this summer.
First seasonal flight with 747: 21/06
Last seasonal flight with 747: 10/09
Only on Wednesdays and Friday the 747 won't be in BRU.

Moral of the story: don't trust any 'reliable' source, but wait until final confirmation from the airline before playing the big shot with 'hot news'!
The use of a certain aircrafttype on a route is never a guarantee.
When the A346 news was announced EY had indeed intensions to fly with this one to BRU. Source: their website when you booked a flight.
For a reason they have changed their minds and know they say they will fly the A332. But who said they won't come, eventually, with the A346 on certain days?

LX-LGX
Posts: 2004
Joined: 20 Jan 2004, 00:00
Location: ANR

Re: BRU summer 2009: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by LX-LGX » 12 Feb 2009, 14:53

Brubiac wrote: When the A346 news was announced EY had indeed intensions to fly with this one to BRU. Source: their website when you booked a flight. For a reason they have changed their minds and know they say they will fly the A332. But who said they won't come, eventually, with the A346 on certain days?
Etihad is trying very much to increase their load factor : till end of February, they're offering a free upgrading (when paying the full fare):

From http://www.etihadairways.com : Inspired Service in Diamond First and Pearl Business Class is now available across our global network. And here’s your chance to experience it — for much less. You can take advantage of one of two great promotions - for the price of Coral Economy you can try Pearl Business, or for the price of Pearl Business we’ll fly you in Diamond First.

Post Reply