BRU winter 2008-2009: latest news, routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Kapitein

Re: BRU winter 2008-2009: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Kapitein »

What to do with the tent structure, which will become unnecessary when the LC terminal will be ready?
The tent will never be unnecessary. You still need it quit well in the morning. 3x BD, 2x BE and ofcourse the other Non-schengen flights that are on the remote.
Just demolish and use the freed space for 2 extra widebody gates? Space is very needed at BRU.
You only win 1 WB-stand, the old 216L/R.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Brubiac wrote: The tent will never be unnecessary. You still need it quit well in the morning. 3x BD, 2x BE and ofcourse the other Non-schengen flights that are on the remote.
So the LCC terminal will only be for shengen flights?
And what about the R-gates (numbering at tarmac) at ground level in the B-pier? I know, roughly in the middle of the concourse and just under the transfer security checkpoint you have 4 gates numbered from 80 tot 83, and I believe there are at least a few more at the same level in the B-pier? Can't those be used for LC?

One widebody-stand seems more important to me then those 9 remote gates, especially if there are more remote gates at ground level (though I'm not sure about the number)and certainly in the morning. The move from B tot A from SN frees up a lot of space, but with at one point all (7) 9W-flights coming in, together with future extra routes, space might become very valuable at the B-pier again.

And on top of that I don't think LX is all to eager to park at a stand where DHL used to (un)load their planes.

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

The R gates are the dropoff points for busses when pax are arriving on a remote stand and need to be bussed to the terminal, so these can't be used for boarding ;) (and the arrival space already is too small in peak hours)

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

So the LCC terminal will only be for shengen flights?
No, it will be for both schengen and non-schengen.
And what about the R-gates (numbering at tarmac) at ground level in the B-pier? I know, roughly in the middle of the concourse and just under the transfer security checkpoint you have 4 gates numbered from 80 tot 83, and I believe there are at least a few more at the same level in the B-pier? Can't those be used for LC?
Like Sab319 said, the R01-05-06 are deboarding busgates, can't be used for boarding.
Everthing can be used for the LC, but if Brussels Airport feels the need to build a whole new terminal for the LC. Who are we to say that they can't?

Kabila

Post by Kabila »

Contrary to what has been posted earlier, Continental will not operate B777-200 during the winter on the Newark-Brussels-Newark route.

Although the route needs a bigger plane badly, it has been decided to schedule the 777 on the new EWR-LHR-EWR (3rd daily) frequency as from this winter.

I suppose we will have to wait a little longer to see the CO 777 at Brussels again. :(

Let's hope that we will see it during the summer of 2009, but with their new EWR-PVG coming up in 2009, I don't think we will see any CO's 777 in the near future at BRU. At least not untill they start taking delivery of their new 777's on order.

Atlantis

Re: BRU winter 08-09: latest news, frequenties, airlines

Post by Atlantis »

Brubiac wrote:Aegean Airlines :?:

Daily to ATH with A320
Wonder if they are coming or not, its not the first time they disappaer a few weeks before the new season begins
Well, maybe we can see them next year as we could read "again" today that Olympic will close their books at the beginning of next year. But we could read that every 6 months but it's still possible.

PS: Aegean is a partner of Lufthansa ;)

Established02

Post by Established02 »

Atlantis wrote:According to Luchtvaartnieuws, Sterling is evaluation its routes out of Brussels Airport. As we already know for several months, Oslo was not bookable any more with Sterling. We will see in the next coming weeks if they are still interested in the other two routes.
CPH is bookable again throughout the whole winter season.
However ARN is now only bookable until 24OCT08.

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

For the moment, Brussels - Copenhagen route is only being operated for this winter.
But Sterling winter schedule will be released and communicated tomorrow, wednesday!

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Brubiac wrote: Like Sab319 said, the R01-05-06 are deboarding busgates, can't be used for boarding.
Everthing can be used for the LC, but if Brussels Airport feels the need to build a whole new terminal for the LC. Who are we to say that they can't?
Okay, maybe I was wrong on the R-gates, but I'm absolutely sure there are at least four bus gates (for boarding) at ground level in the B-pier, numbered 80-83. The entrance is/was at the location in the B-pier where they are currently constructing the shops.

And about the LC-terminal, as a matter of fact I am one of few who are positive about the LC project of BRU. But with an entire new terminal for LC and the presence of at least 4 bus gates at ground level in pier B, it seems to me the tent could disappear and be replaced by something else from which the airport would benefit more, an extra widebody gate and a possible narrowbody gate.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Kabila wrote:Contrary to what has been posted earlier, Continental will not operate B777-200 during the winter on the Newark-Brussels-Newark route.

Although the route needs a bigger plane badly, it has been decided to schedule the 777 on the new EWR-LHR-EWR (3rd daily) frequency as from this winter.

I suppose we will have to wait a little longer to see the CO 777 at Brussels again. :(

Let's hope that we will see it during the summer of 2009, but with their new EWR-PVG coming up in 2009, I don't think we will see any CO's 777 in the near future at BRU. At least not untill they start taking delivery of their new 777's on order.
If an expansion is so eminent for CO, they might deploy a 752 on the route soon, as addition to the current 764. It might be seasonal as well.

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

Conti764 wrote:
Brubiac wrote: Like Sab319 said, the R01-05-06 are deboarding busgates, can't be used for boarding.
Okay, maybe I was wrong on the R-gates, but I'm absolutely sure there are at least four bus gates (for boarding) at ground level in the B-pier, numbered 80-83. The entrance is/was at the location in the B-pier where they are currently constructing the shops.
Indeed there are 4 new boardinggates. But these are not the most hightech-boardinggates around. Only suitable for smaller aircraft like the ERJ or Dash-8, max Avro.
They where made extra to relaese the "tent" a bit from the non-schengen remote departures in the morning.

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

Brubiac wrote:
What to do with the tent structure, which will become unnecessary when the LC terminal will be ready?
The tent will never be unnecessary. You still need it quit well in the morning. 3x BD, 2x BE and ofcourse the other Non-schengen flights that are on the remote.
Just demolish and use the freed space for 2 extra widebody gates? Space is very needed at BRU.
I wonder if the 'Interim Remote Lounge' or 'Tent' is still used.
Like other parts of BRU airport it looks abondoned.
I have not seen any activity there for years?

It could be used as a fast transfer center from B to A and vice versa.

By the way, the lights are always on, even on sunny days. (the broken lamps remain there)

skumfiduse

Post by skumfiduse »

JOVAN wrote:
Brubiac wrote:
I wonder if the 'Interim Remote Lounge' or 'Tent' is still used.

By the way, the lights are always on, even on sunny days. (the broken lamps remain there)
Yes, this remote lounge is still in service. I've waited for my flight to Varadero some weeks ago. From here, you have a superb view over the tarmac, the smell of kerosene, the sound of engines, ... Just great :-)

BrightCedars

Post by BrightCedars »

JOVAN wrote:From here, you have a superb view over the tarmac, the smell of kerosene, the sound of engines
I'm afraid regular John and Jane Doe passengers appreciate this differently from us freaks.

loginas

Post by loginas »

FlyLAL will stop flying from Vilnius to Brussels after 24 October. AirBaltic will stay as sole operator on this route.

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

Brubiac wrote:
Attachments
DSC01384.JPG
DSC01384.JPG (17.78 KiB) Viewed 3640 times

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

JOVAN wrote: I wonder if the 'Interim Remote Lounge' or 'Tent' is still used.

The IRL is heavy used during the morning, less during afternoon and more during the evening.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Like I posted it earlier, Jet Airways will fly again with the B777-300 on the route: Delhi - BRU - JFK.

Some weeks ago they also announced that they will synchronise all their flights at Brussels Airport. The flights from India and the flights from NA will all arrive at 08.00h and will all leave around 10.00h.

Sterling will temporarily hold its 4 weekly Stockholm flights to Brussels Airport. They will re-start them after winter.

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hi

Don't know why but tomorrow (Tue 23/09/2008) US 750 from Philadelphia scheduled to land 10:25 WILL NOT COME to BRU? Don't know wetter it's a part of their 'new schedule'? but I Checked the timetables and it really should fly that day.

Any idea's why?

Best regards, Yannick ;)

Charlie Roy

Post by Charlie Roy »

From mid-January to mid-February Vueling will reduce many of its schedules.
As a result BCN - BRU will go from 7 to 4 weekly flights for a 5 week period, and VLC - BRU will not operate for a 3 week period.