Bus connection between Brugge and Charleroi Airport

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

airazurxtror wrote:
regi wrote:to Ozzie: we don't need the extra tourists. We have plenty already and we can be choosy. Why do we have to pay directly/indirectly for those extra tourists who spend almost nothing?
We don't have to lower our standards, we should look upwards.
I know that there are already many busses, so why add more?
And if there is already noise by night strollers, why put time and effort in bringing some extra busloads of them?

That contempt for Ryanair customers is rather insulting. You wouldn't dare tell the same towards handicaped/black/arab/Jew people, but towards Ryanair users, it's ok ?
I didn't know people from Brugge (or at least a few of them) were so narrow-minded, looking after money only. Why don't you post guards (with dogs) at the city gates, to let in only rich enough visitors ?

Cannot believe Regi is a 'Brugian';
he sounds more like an Antwerpian, Mechelian.

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

regi wrote:I am not welcoming cheap charlies. And the only other passengers who would use this service are Polish labour workers who compete with low skilled workers as hotel room cleaners, waiters, ...
This kind of tourists just is a nuissance.
Is this the "Brugian" hospitality???... :roll: ...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Comet wrote:Direct connections from the main cities to the airport would be very popular I would have thought, that's the case with trains in the UK which run to airports (like MAN).
Earlier this week I have in vain been looking for a train from MAN airport to Chester where I had a meeting...
André
ex Sabena #26567

FLY4HOURS.BE

Post by FLY4HOURS.BE »

The Flemish Lion Regi :D

What I find really stupid, surprising and unthinkable is that ANR doesn't have a railway station while it has the railway tracks in its backyard.

As Belgium's 2nd biggest city and with its lengthening runway, I think it is time to start...
Fly4hours, making the path to airline pilot affordable to all

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

FLY4HOURS.BE wrote:The Flemish Lion Regi :D

What I find really stupid, surprising and unthinkable is that ANR doesn't have a railway station while it has the railway tracks in its backyard.

As Belgium's 2nd biggest city and with its lengthening runway, I think it is time to start...
Well actually those railway tracks are the goods railway tracks, they have no connection with the Antwerp central station, they go directly towards the harbour. It would be more realistic to create a tram connection by sending tram line 11 from the Borsbeekse brug over the Diksmuidelaan to the terminal.

Comet

Post by Comet »

sn26567 wrote:
Comet wrote:Direct connections from the main cities to the airport would be very popular I would have thought, that's the case with trains in the UK which run to airports (like MAN).
Earlier this week I have in vain been looking for a train from MAN airport to Chester where I had a meeting...
There are many train connections to MAN from across the country (literally!) We can get a train from Scarborough, Middlesbrough, York, Leeds and places along the east coast, there are trains from Cumbria to the airport as well.

The stupid thing about trains here is that they are all run by different companies - First TransPennine who operate many trains into MAN, Virgin, Stagecoach, Arriva etc. Here in Scarborough, MAN is our most accessible airport, followed by BHX and NCL. All have easy connections from the train or by Metro.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Comet

Post by Comet »

regi wrote: Fact:
Bruges has maintained the image that they look for quality tourism.
The impression I have now is that a tourist who comes/goes on a Ryanair flight in the middle of the night ( to have cheap seats) is not a quality tourist. This person will spend nothing in our city, at most a pitta or another cheap snack, or even worse, just a sandwich from the inner city supermarket. He doesn't want to stay over, nope, he will wait for the bus untill 3.15 am. What a joke.
This tourist, who visits Brugge in some way or another each year, does not fly on Ryanair, does not eat cheap muck, does not stay in hostels, does not fly in at night to ensure a cheap flight.

We fly only on quality, full-service carriers (such as VLM). We arrive in the middle of the afternoon as we cannot arrive any earlier. We eat in proper places - a favourite of ours is Lange Muur, where we had Christmas dinner last year, and we will do the same again this year. We drink in local bars and we drink quality beer, not just lager types. We stay in reasonable hotels and wouldn't touch a hostel with a bargepole. We would not visit rather than stay in a hostel. We would not visit Brugge rather than fly on FR. We would never eat in pitta places or buy a sandwich from a local supermarket.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Flybe

Post by Flybe »

We stay in reasonable hotels and wouldn't touch a hostel with a bargepole. We would not visit rather than stay in a hostel.
Off topic, but I am offended by that. My girlfriend and I travel around the world, stay mainly in youth hostels, does that mean that we aren't quality tourists? At least we go to China etc and spend there quite some money, what anyway happens if you stay somewhere longer than 2 weeks.

Easy to comment about youth hostels when you have never seen one from close. Did you know that they also have private rooms with bathroom and everything included, great service, mostly free or very cheap internet available, and that for a fraction of the money of a regular hotel!

Both in China and this year in Italy, the worst rooms we stayed in were in hotels. I would recommend anyone to stay in hostels, even businessmen. Checkin at any moment, clean rooms, TV, bathroom, etc.

And many times hostels even work together with hotels. On our last citytrip to Prague, we stayed in a hostel, which was basically 1 level of the famous hotel Evropa on the famous Venceslaus Square! Talk about hostels offering bad quality! :roll: http://www.evropahotel.cz/

And the money we save by using hostels is spend at the location anyway! If we had to choose between expensive hotels, we wouldn't go there so wouldn't spend at all.

Don't confuse quality tourists with snobs, please!

Greets,

Pieter
Last edited by Flybe on 21 Oct 2007, 12:20, edited 1 time in total.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Comet wrote:
This tourist, who visits Brugge in some way or another each year, does not fly on Ryanair, does not eat cheap muck, does not stay in hostels, does not fly in at night to ensure a cheap flight.

We fly only on quality, full-service carriers (such as VLM). We arrive in the middle of the afternoon as we cannot arrive any earlier. We eat in proper places - a favourite of ours is Lange Muur, where we had Christmas dinner last year, and we will do the same again this year. We drink in local bars and we drink quality beer, not just lager types. We stay in reasonable hotels and wouldn't touch a hostel with a bargepole. We would not visit rather than stay in a hostel. We would not visit Brugge rather than fly on FR. We would never eat in pitta places or buy a sandwich from a local supermarket.
I wouldn't touch such a tourist with a bargepole.
Not many intellectual and/or artistic preoccupations either ...

gumblebee

Post by gumblebee »

sab319 wrote:Well actually those railway tracks are the goods railway tracks, they have no connection with the Antwerp central station, they go directly towards the harbour.
I remember a few years back, when I still lived in Antwerp, my train from Brussels to Antwerp quite regularly rode on those tracks, so definitely not exclusively for freight ; any trains continueing along the ring railroad can use those tracks along the airport rigth now. A change of train in Antwerpen-Berchem might be needed if you come from Antwerpen-Centraal.

Anyway afaik there is a regular bus.

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Comet wrote:
regi wrote: Fact:
Bruges has maintained the image that they look for quality tourism.
The impression I have now is that a tourist who comes/goes on a Ryanair flight in the middle of the night ( to have cheap seats) is not a quality tourist. This person will spend nothing in our city, at most a pitta or another cheap snack, or even worse, just a sandwich from the inner city supermarket. He doesn't want to stay over, nope, he will wait for the bus untill 3.15 am. What a joke.

Well La Di Da... :roll:

This tourist allways stays in hostels and flies LCC, and because of that has been able to see a big part of Europe.

I won' say anything more, because than it would be personal and offencive, but I must say I agree with Flybe & airazurxtror.