American Airlines Launches Flights to Russia in 2008

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Nat

American Airlines Launches Flights to Russia in 2008

Post by Nat »

Since 2 June 2008 the world’s largest air company – American Airlines – intends to launch regular flights from Chicago to Domodedovo Airport in Moscow. However, representatives of Domodedovo Airport have not officially confirmed the information yet http://www.russia-ic.com/news/show/4965/
Hedgehog is a proud bird - it won`t fly unless you kick it.

David747

Post by David747 »

Interesting, I guess this is the response to the new ETOPS regulations, and more, AA's expansion, maybe done to keep up with Delta?? Interesting news though.

ElcoB

Post by ElcoB »

CHICAGO, Oct. 16 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- American Airlines, the world's largest airline and a founding member of the global oneworld Alliance(R), will begin nonstop service from Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD) to Moscow's Domodedovo International Airport (DME) on June 2, 2008.
American plans to fly its Chicago - Moscow service six days a week with its 225-seat, two-class (Business and Coach/Economy) Boeing 767-300 aircraft, featuring 30 Next Generation Business Class seats. Eastbound flights will fly every day except Sunday. Westbound flights will operate every day except Monday.
:arrow: American Airlines to Fly From Chicago to Moscow

ryanCX

Post by ryanCX »

David747 wrote:Interesting, I guess this is the response to the new ETOPS regulations, and more, AA's expansion, maybe done to keep up with Delta?? Interesting news though.
Agreed. Delta definitely has the greatest presence in Europe by a long way. Asia might be great for growth potential but Europe still is the massive and very important market still.

b720

Post by b720 »

AA is very strong on US-Lat. America routes..By tyhe way I recall Pan AM B727 flying into SVO 1987.. I think it was a feeder service into FRA-USA flights..

David747

Post by David747 »

AA dominates the Latin American routes, but it is facing good competition from Continental in the Caribbean routes.

b720

Post by b720 »

TRUE... specially with continental's alliance with COPA Air of Panama

TexasGuy

Post by TexasGuy »

AA starts Moscow, i think we will finally see the Houston-Moscow service started by Continental Airlines ;)
Theres nothing better than slow cooked fall off the bone BBQ, Texas style

David747

Post by David747 »

TexasGuy wrote:AA starts Moscow, i think we will finally see the Houston-Moscow service started by Continental Airlines ;)
Interesting, Continental would put its 777 fleet to good use on that potential route.

vlaus

Post by vlaus »

David747 wrote:
TexasGuy wrote:AA starts Moscow, i think we will finally see the Houston-Moscow service started by Continental Airlines ;)
Interesting, Continental would put its 777 fleet to good use on that potential route.
US AIRWAYS also starting PHL-DME in 2008 with A330 ......

TexasGuy

Post by TexasGuy »

David747 wrote:
Yes, it would be a money maker for Continental Airlines, connecting the capital of Russia with the energy capital of the world!!!!
Theres nothing better than slow cooked fall off the bone BBQ, Texas style

maverik

Post by maverik »

What kind of Equipment will AA use? Their B767 fleet is about ready for retirement ( no PFES, etc..)but i haven´t read any articles if and when they are going to be replaced?

David747

Post by David747 »

maverik wrote:What kind of Equipment will AA use? Their B767 fleet is about ready for retirement ( no PFES, etc..)but i haven´t read any articles if and when they are going to be replaced?
They will use their fleet of 767-300's on that route.