SIA A380 interior revealed!!

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

galaxy

Post by galaxy »

David747 wrote:The 747 will always be the Queen of the Skies.
The A380 will be the Empress of the Skies. :D

CX

Post by CX »

RC20 wrote:I caught my own error. My applogies to Mr. Clark for mixing him up with Dixon of Qantas.
I guess if they wanted to, SIA can change the cabin into a full economy and offer seats at half the price of a 787.. it might happen, Airbus' interior are easily re-configured.
Anyhow there are so many ultra rich people in that area of Asia, not that I think they can fill up all the suites in every flight, but for sure they won't be empty. and come on, SIA is not dumb enough to do non-profitable things.. maybe less profitable, but then it's good for marketing.

David747

Post by David747 »

CX, but why would SIA use an A380 to be reconfigured in the way of the 787?

FLY4HOURS.BE

Post by FLY4HOURS.BE »

Why wouldn't they?

If they have nearly 20 on order, they can also have one in a near full-economy, giving tickets at 70% the price on the same routes flown by another company on a B787, and easily bring the competition that went all-B787 down.

SIA gave a clear message: If you want to beat me on the hub-to-hub, you gotta have one of these (A380).
Honestly, if the A380 proves to be a commercial success, it wouldn't surprise me to see a boost in orders (like the B747 in those times), which in turn will lead many non-compatible airports to take the next step and modify their airport to make them A-380 compatible.

Imagine Jet airways ordering the A380.
Brussels Airport will not bother to think twice about it, they'll do it.
And honestly I do see Jet Airways buying some A380's, they only fly to hubs on their long-haul routes. One day they will need the capacity, certainly the day that all India will start to fly. My nose tells me it will be somewhere in the next decade :wink:

Oh and ....
Tomorrow is an historical day ;-)

Anyone know the exact ETD?
Fly4hours, making the path to airline pilot affordable to all