b.air forced to lease MD-83 from flightline!

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Accry

Post by Accry »

Let's continue like this and Brussels Airlines will become a virtual airline with all thes codeshares and wet lease !!

By the way, the new call sign for brussels airlines to be use within 3 weeks will be: :rock:

"Brussels Airlines" I am sure you are all surprise !
And by the end of the year all flight call nurmbers renamed:
"2 numbers ; 1 letter"

Quite funny, you will enjoy guys, I am sure... :lol:

Cheers,

Accry

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Strange reaction on the move of Brussels Airlines in this topic. I don't get it. When they fly, its not ok. When they grounded, due to shortage of pilots, some Avro's, its not ok. When they search a solution for this and find it in a lease of an MD83, its not ok.

What do you want????? Tell me. It seems to be, that lately, there are no more aviation enthusiasts on this forum.

Are you all able to run an airline in Belgium? I don't think so!

FLY4HOURS.BE

Post by FLY4HOURS.BE »

Strange reaction on the move of Brussels Airlines in this topic. I don't get it
Yeah but do you know what a wet-lease costs?
Not only the actual costs... but also the collateral damage: loss of confidence of the operating crews results in strikes and loss of money...

And those grounded Avro's (although they can still be used as spare planes) are still dry leased and cost money.

Trust me, it's alot.
Alot of money SN could have invested otherwise: for instance, raising salaries, even if not alot?

They are not considering their personnel as friends but as ennemies they are determind to fight against... They should find new cool-minded HR-people.
Fly4hours, making the path to airline pilot affordable to all

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Correct that it costs a lot, but grounded some aircrafts and doing nothing costs you a lot more. It means also that they care about their pax and pax = money. If they were choose not to lease an aircraft and just cancel the flights they could loose some pax.

In my opinion it was a wise choice to send now the Avro's into the paintshop. That's one aircraft less in a week.

I don't think that crews will go to strike because Brussels Airlines is going to lease one single aircraft.

FLY4HOURS.BE

Post by FLY4HOURS.BE »

It s two of them: Bae-146 and MD-83 for now and it represents 5% of the airline's fleet.

If we go on at this pace, next year it will be 4...maybe 6?

I don t know what they're doing but I hope they do...

For the documentation, Netjets offers First officers over 10000€ a month plus twice as many days off as at SN...
They know personnel are the essential key to a well-working company and treat their people very nicely!!
Very tempting...especially for the actual SN captains...

And it takes over 5 years to shift from the right to left hand seat.
Fly4hours, making the path to airline pilot affordable to all

Ducatibiker

Post by Ducatibiker »

Atlantis wrote:Correct that it costs a lot, but grounded some aircrafts and doing nothing costs you a lot more. It means also that they care about their pax and pax = money. If they were choose not to lease an aircraft and just cancel the flights they could loose some pax.

In my opinion it was a wise choice to send now the Avro's into the paintshop. That's one aircraft less in a week.

I don't think that crews will go to strike because Brussels Airlines is going to lease one single aircraft.

Pax=Customer
Service=Money
Customer pays money for Service
Revenue of Airline = Money paid by Customer for Service as Pax
Service includes type of aircraft and flight crew
Last edited by Ducatibiker on 14 Sep 2007, 08:39, edited 2 times in total.

Stij

Post by Stij »

Atlantis wrote:Tell me. It seems to be, that lately, there are no more aviation enthusiasts on this forum. Are you all able to run an airline in Belgium? I don't think so!
Dear Atlantis,

Yes, there're still aviation enhousiasts on the forum.

I think a lot of the comments and critics are given out of concern for Bru Air. Both as a pax (If we as enthousiasts already don't like the current product offering, what must non enthousiasts think?) and as employees (Our planes sit still on the tarmac, that can't be good for our company.)

A real friend not just approves everything you do or say, he challenges you and is critical.

Cheers,

Stij

Ducatibiker

Post by Ducatibiker »

Stij wrote:
Atlantis wrote:Tell me. It seems to be, that lately, there are no more aviation enthusiasts on this forum. Are you all able to run an airline in Belgium? I don't think so!
Dear Atlantis,

I think a lot of the comments and critics are given out of concern for Bru Air. Both as a pax (If we as enthousiasts already don't like the current product offering, what must non enthousiasts think?) and as employees (Our planes sit still on the tarmac, that can't be good for our company.)

A real friend not just approves everything you do or say, he challenges you and is critical.

Cheers,

Stij
I was about to write the same. Being an aviation enthousiast does not mean I will allow to be taxed for it by Brussels Airlines. As for the second point, some of us might not be able to run an airline but we are people manager and see when and if basic skills are missing. A company which does not listen to its own staff and its customers is doomed in today's flat world. Even Air Astana is doing a better job at communicating...

sidestick

Post by sidestick »

FLY4HOURS.BE wrote:
For the documentation, Netjets offers First officers over 10000€ a month plus twice as many days off as at SN...
They know personnel are the essential key to a well-working company and treat their people very nicely!!
Very tempting...especially for the actual SN captains...

And it takes over 5 years to shift from the right to left hand seat.
Just to avoid any confusion: Netjets Europe is offering a F/O starting salary of 56.500€ year plus perdiem + medical insurance...
Depending on experience on joining, you stay F/O between 2month to 3 years (when joining with low hrs and on "large cabin").
More info : http://www.netjetseurope.com/presscentr ... 006/244/2/

To go back to the topic, I think that the way BA deals with the all story is just to laugh.... Serious aviation seems to be a long way behind us in this country.

All the best.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Stij wrote:
Dear Atlantis,

Cheers,

Stij
This is totally not the point and I think that you and Ducatibiker have understood it wrongly.

The fact I wrote that there is no enthousiasm anymore or people gave only critics is based on what I read lately. There is even no more discussion anymore. The only thing those members wrote are: "virtual airline, a new airline with no aircrafts, etc, etc. They spit only critics and never any suggestion. Is that a discussion?? That's what bother me. If you read my posts then you will see that we can discuss: right or wrong doesn't matter, everyone can learn about aviation.

phenix

Post by phenix »

I AM SORRY BUT IT S SHAMEFUL TO LEASE " MD 83."
THERE ARE MANY PILOT IN BELGIUM "young,ok "
SNBA HAVE "2or3"AIRCRAFTS ON THE GROUND WITHOUT CREW
TNT; DHL;VLM;JETAIR AND………………………………
WE ARE LOOKING TO
IN MY CASE; AFTER 10 CV WITHOUT REPLY AT SNBA , I HOPE TO LEAVE THIS COUNTRY.
THERE ARE TOO MUCH PROBLEM BETWEEN FLAMAND AN WALLON HERE

i am juste an european person an you??????????????????????

I HAVE MAYBE A CHANCE IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY AND I WILL BE CATCHING unscrupulous.(type rating,accommadation and 3 years of contract)
I didn’t feel like that but you are constraining me
I AM SORRY
I AM DISGUST
about this attitude :plane:

looks much better

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

And I have a hard time with postings like yours. You will be more appreciated and better understood if you express yourself in clear phrases, well worded and correct spelling. Not to mention the SHOUTING!!!

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

feel free to open a new topic about the MD-83. This one is closed!