US Airways Pittsburgh Steelers A319

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

cageyjames

US Airways Pittsburgh Steelers A319

Post by cageyjames »

Its been a very tough summer here in PHL working for US Airways and I haven't felt too much like posting since I'm sure you are all aware of the meltdown of our International service, but at least there is some good news. Just in time for the NFL regular season, the Pittsburgh Steelers Logo Plane has shown up.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6048767

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6048769
US Airways - Fly with US

smokejumper

Post by smokejumper »

Welcome back Cagey - I was beginning to think that you'd fallen off the edge of the earth!

The A319 painted in Steelers colors really looks sharp. The black, gold and white are striking.

Will this be a team plane or one in regular service?

PYX

Post by PYX »

Interesting looking plane.
Is that suppose to be an American flag painted on the fuselage to the right of the number N733UW?

David747

Post by David747 »

Great picture, too bad I hate the Steelers. :D

smokejumper

Post by smokejumper »

PYX wrote:Interesting looking plane.
Is that suppose to be an American flag painted on the fuselage to the right of the number N733UW?
Yes, it is an American flag flying "backwards", as if you are looking at it flying in the wind and standing on the right side of the wind direction.

cageyjames

Post by cageyjames »

smokejumper wrote:Welcome back Cagey - I was beginning to think that you'd fallen off the edge of the earth!
With the weather in PHL and the problems with our 767/757s across the atlantic, I've been very busy. I think we'll be seeing US scale back our European service soon to let the company take a breath. Most of this stems from our need to keep all the international gates in Terminal A, rather than let them get turned over to Delta for domestic service. Its a mess and we've made it.
Will this be a team plane or one in regular service?
Regular service, flown by US East (old US Airways) pilots. It will be flying anywhere an A319 goes in the system.
US Airways - Fly with US

Aspirapolvere

Post by Aspirapolvere »

cageyjames wrote: With the weather in PHL and the problems with our 767/757s across the atlantic, I've been very busy. I think we'll be seeing US scale back our European service soon to let the company take a breath. Most of this stems from our need to keep all the international gates in Terminal A, rather than let them get turned over to Delta for domestic service. Its a mess and we've made it.

So do you think we will be losing the Brussels flight?

cageyjames

Post by cageyjames »

I'm not sure at this point. I doubt we'll drop service beyond some of the seasonal travel and see where that happens. Those A332s can't come quick enough (not that BRU would see them, but they'd open up more aircraft).

The airframes are tired and need work.
US Airways - Fly with US