Jet Airways question

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

on a sidenote, http://www.jetairways.com/ has become available in french (when selecting Belgium as country)

babolat-blast

Post by babolat-blast »

Is it really true that load factors are already very high on the Jet Airways flights? Which reliable sources do you have to make such a statement? I would be very happy if the Jet Airways story turns out to be a big success. Brussels Airport really needs that.

ERICAIRLINES

Post by ERICAIRLINES »

9w is a disaster for us companies like CO,DL and AA...big difference in confort and services...top quality....customers will fly to and with 9w now...

Do you think that a 'fares' war will start soon ,in economy class...I see that such large brokers and TO,like 'connections'(just to name a few)are selling 9w tickets like hotcakes...
A massive media campaign is in the pipelines for early september...to promote and sell 9w....

Maybe this experience will pave the way for other 'hubs' plans in BRU,why not a chinese carrier or another asian carrier...

Even BA ,thought about establishing a hub at BRU at one time,buying Bru air,and making it a 'london continental' hub..as we all know,London does not have space and slots enough ....for the medium term future.

About the jobs creation,Im quiet surprised about the numbers advanced by Brussels Airport ceo:1000 direct jobs and up to 3000 indirects....

I would better see a good 200 direct and indirect in 2008...which is already a very big success for Brussels Airport...and 9w.

Bru has a strategical position in the very heart of Europe,very good skilled employees,good know how,and now with Mc Quarie a solid owner taking agressive initiatives to attract potential new carriers...(even if we lost NW last week)

2008 should be a splendid year with lot of newcomers...in both cargo and pax fields...even if DHL is leaving us ...

Congratulations to all..let's hope that 'air libre loby'(nimbyes) will not destroy all theses excellents news...

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

WisoBe wrote: Brubiac ... I will probably also go to NY in September(if there are still seats available), when are you planning to go ?
Will leave BRU 20th and return on 25th in BRU.

If 9W keeps their promisses about inflight services, I don't expect CO will return with a 777 again next summer.

Outsync

Post by Outsync »

Today both business and economy were fully booked on CO, I suppose there's just alot of passengers going to EWR.

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

Yesterday one of the 777-300ER of 9W had to wait quite a long time to get its gate.
I really do wonder how BRU will host up to 10 extras wide-bodies on the morning peak-hours at the B-pier.
It's all or nothing with BRU !!
Knowing that 9W wants to operate all its flights in the same time frame, I really do wonder how they are going to make it.

Anyway it feels great to see such beauties in BRU.

rut-her

Post by rut-her »

Hi,

Is there somebody who can tell me the difference between 'Special economy' and 'economy' ? Do you get the jump seat than or so? The price for 'special economy' is very low.

Thanks,
Rutger

WisoBe

Post by WisoBe »

babolat-blast wrote:Is it really true that load factors are already very high on the Jet Airways flights? Which reliable sources do you have to make such a statement? I would be very happy if the Jet Airways story turns out to be a big success. Brussels Airport really needs that.
Lets say I have a very good ... no actually an excellent source within Jet Airways. I guess you understand I won't tell you the name here. :D Off course I can not be sure the flights are 100% full booked. If you want to fly with 9W you may always check if seats are still available. Personally I don't believe in full flights. I flew a lot "stand-by" and nearly always got a seat.
Greetz,
Peter [ http://www.biva.be ]

WisoBe

Post by WisoBe »

rut-her wrote:Hi,

Is there somebody who can tell me the difference between 'Special economy' and 'economy' ? Do you get the jump seat than or so? The price for 'special economy' is very low.

Thanks,
Rutger
As far as I know ... no difference in service or seat ! It's just a different price.
Greetz,
Peter [ http://www.biva.be ]

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

In order to reassure Darjeeling a little bit, who is concerned by the availability of gates at Terminal B in the morning for 10 extra Jetairways planes : later this year or at the latest in 2008, ten Eastern European countries which are EU member states will join the Schengen area. This means that flights from these ten countries (Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic etc...) will move to Terminal A freeing gates at Terminal B. This, however, brings us to another concern : will there be enough gates available at Terminal A to accommodate flights from ten new countries ?
In favor of quality air travel.

Mavke

re

Post by Mavke »

Hi,

when they have thier hub with 10 daily flights , this means a lot cargo also .

any idea how much ton cargo a B777/A330 bring to brussels from india or the usa ??

Kenny

Stij

Post by Stij »

Air Key West wrote:will there be enough gates available at Terminal A to accommodate flights from ten new countries ?
I've never seen it full, especially not the far gates. If all gates would be occupied, the commuter planes could be parked at remote stands just as on other major airports. And if that would not be enough, once DHL left to Leipzig, the A pier is easily expandable to the south-west. But I wouldn't expect this to happen soon.

Cheers,

Stij

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

Don't know how much cargo 9W will be carrying, but let's assume they have taken that into consideration when planning their operations at BRU. And BRU has a good reputation in terms of cargo handling.
Stij, what I really like about Brussels Airport is that you are practically never taken by bus to a commuter aircraft parked at the other end of the airport. That's a reason why I would have happily put BRU into the Top 10 of world airports. Passengers hate to be bussed to the plane.
You are right, Terminal A can be extended to the south-west (wasn't it foreseen if Sabena had survived and had continued to expand ?), but such an expension, as you rightly say, will takes a few years, but it's possible in practice.
In favor of quality air travel.